Jordan Connerton

numpty

EDIT: Er, topic title should be Jordan Connerton, not John Connerton...

http://www.football.co.uk/motherwell/well_...on_298799.shtml

WELL LINING UP CONNERTON

08 Dec 2009 - 10:24:42

Motherwell are reported to be keen to complete the singing of striker Jordan Connerton, who has impressed for English non-league side Lancaster City this season.

The 20-year-old has already scored more than 20 times this term and has had a trial spell at Fir Park, where he impressed manager Jim Gannon.

City boss Tony Hesketh told the Lancashire Evening Telegraph: "Jordan has enjoyed a phenomenal six months and we are talking to the interested club again.

"He is a natural goalscorer, a very athletic boy, but his all-round game gives him a great chance of making it as a professional.

"He did well in his trial in Scotland and if he makes the move, then I'm sure he will do well because he has the right attitude."

One word "WOW" I like the idea of bleeding youth through the team but still need some experienced heads.

We have struggled to score goals this season, this lad if he signs should get at least 10 for the second half of the season.

Hardly an experienced head as he's only just turned 20 and if signed would be one for the future

One word "WOW" I like the idea of bleeding youth through the team but still need some experienced heads.

We have struggled to score goals this season, this lad if he signs should get at least 10 for the second half of the season.

in the same mould as Martin "the Greek" Grehan ?

prolific scorer in the Junior/non league , comes to us, goes out on loan, then gets released.

Grehan has gone on to show that he can still find the net , which makes me wonder if we shoulda kept a hold of him for a season or two longer ?

Already pointed out at non league level he has been prolific and it soesn't often translate. Could as easy be the next Grehan rather than next Arnott! Hopefully Gannon proves again he has an eye for a player and you're right but seems a bit optimistic to expect the lad to bang in 10 goals for us, talk about setting someone up to fail.

The ins and outs thred has gotten to big, as everyone comments, sometimes you need new topics to freshen up the site and if someone wants to talk about an individual its lost in the ins and outs. Yes another Negative person.

Cheers mate!

Or maybe you thought your thread was a belter and was better than everyone elses.

ok we might not sign this guy + if we do he might be shite, BUT -

1.Martin Grehan wasnt signed by a guy who has made a habit of signing non league players who go on for large fees

2.Martin Grehan wasnt scouted + interesting Leeds Utd!

the lad sounds like he could go on to be a player, lets see what happens

Not particularly but i like to discuss topics rather than all the slagging that goes on here.

So do I mate - I only pointed out that it was discussed about a week ago elsewhere in a thread devoted to all transfer talk that most of the regular posters visit.

Take that as a slagging if you like.

Me personally, I don't think it is.

• 2 weeks later...

<H2 class=story-title>Connerton linked with Motherwell move</H2>Monday 21st December 2009

SCOTTISH Premier League giants Motherwell are close to signing Lancaster City’s Jordan Connerton.

The youngster has already had a trial at Fir Park and impressed boss Jim Gannon.

http://nln24.com/uploads/large/c27c2e99fc4...83c50772102.JPGTransfer target: Lancaster City's Jordan Connerton

The Lancaster-born striker started his career with amateurs Marsh United and made his debut for Lancaster City at 16, making a couple dozen appearances in the Conference North.

Connerton, 20, has got 26 goals so far this term in the UniBond North and a move to Motherwell looks increasingly likely with a loan move almost agreed.

Connerton’s form this season has interested many clubs and several league scouts clubs have been present at Lancaster games to watch him but it looks as if he will be moving north of the border.

Lancaster boss Tony Hesketh doesn’t believe it will be a problem for the prolific striker though and tells the Manchester Evening Telegraph: “Jordan has enjoyed a phenomenal six months and we are talking to the interested club again.

“He is a natural goalscorer, a very athletic boy, but his all-round game gives him a great chance of making it professional.

“He did well in his trial in Scotland and if he makes the move, then I’m sure he will do well because he has the right attitude.”

Sounds a good young player but its still a decent jump up in level to play SPL football compared to where he is now. Hope Gannon has plans for another more experienced striker. I've said it before but Dobbie would fit the bill for me. Swansea fans thought he looked good but Sousa wants glamour and does not seem to rate him. Now looking unhappy turning out for the reserves.

This lad is also available. Saw him play a couple of times this season, most recently against Norwich in FA Cup (Carlisles only 18 miles away from me) He looks a good player and seems to have settled.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/20..._in.html#177458

Sorry should probably have put that last bit in Jan Transfer thread.