East Stand Rockets

trafficlight

Especially those of you who sit near the halfway line, I'll be seeing you at the Lanarkshire derby on 2nd Jan - touch wood after being denied earlier in the season.Tickets arrived in the post this morning and I'm really looking forward to my Fir Park debut. £36 the two, and whilst I know there have been some complaints on here about the price of football, from an EPL perspective it's a bargain. I pay more than that just for myself down here. Pitchside for a local derby too - job's a goodun :huh: . What's the best place for a good pint of Guinness ?

I met up with Andy Ross, Colc and a couple of their pals who came down for the match against Everton recently. Top guys and a credit to Motherwell. Andy, I still have your match programme, pm me so I can post it on.

See you on the 2nd. Mancs in the hoose ;)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? You're missing Man U against the mighty Leeds. Funnily enough, I'm thinking of going down to Manchester for

that game. Although travel and match costs might scupper my plans :lol:

Just ask him for a loan of his season ticket and house keys problem solved :lol:

I met up with Andy Ross, Colc and a couple of their pals who came down for the match against Everton recently. Top guys and a credit to Motherwell. Andy, I still have your match programme, pm me so I can post it on.

Must have been an imposter, I've never been to Manchester.

Only time I spoke to Andy that day was at HT when he asked me to put on a few bets for him (yes he trusts me enough to give me 1. His betfair log in details and 2. The security code off his credit card :ph34r: ). He asked the odds on 3-0 FT but then decided against it, rather putting his hard earned cash on Owen to score next ;)

Tin hat on here. Decent pub, but, lager is one of the worst in Motherwell :nod:

Tennents isn't the best in JDs, I'll admit. Usually looks like it should have a flake in it and has a wee bit of an aftertaste, but still does the job. If we're going to be lager snobs, pay the extra 20p for a pint of Budweiser and it's top notch.

Also, you can't slate the lager anywhere and then drink at the Cooper!

Get yirsel up the Cooper fella, be rude no' tae.

I'm sure we'll be bump into you, Matt, and I'll even buy you one of those terrible lagers in a bottle you drink. B-)

Must have been an imposter, I've never been to Manchester.

Only time I spoke to Andy that day was at HT when he asked me to put on a few bets for him (yes he trusts me enough to give me 1. His betfair log in details and 2. The security code off his credit card :lol: ). He asked the odds on 3-0 FT but then decided against it, rather putting his hard earned cash on Owen to score next :huh:

Andy tells me it was Jonny Kerr he was with, apologies Colc. I'm sure he said it was you, but he must hvae mentioned you on the day I got the wrong end of the stick. Good to meet them anyway.

Aye, and this eejit can point out where I threatened him.

Fanny.

:lol:

What are you talking about, fella ? I've never accused you of threatening me.

The day you behaved like a total sack in the 'Today's football' thread and were getting all in our faces accusing everyone of giving a fuck about Man U, when some of us clearly don't.

No it was a 'Fuck Man U' thread, clearly started for mischievous reasons, knowing I was on the forum. It wasn't in the today's football thread. I shouldn't haven't taken the bait but I did.

And I didn't accuse you of threatening me. You sent me a PM about that, and I ignored it, thinking you had sent it to the wrong person. Perhaps you could quote me verbatim ?

Yes, yes he is. For fuck sake, nothing like holding grudges - over a Football Forum. :lol:

Traffic, good to hear you are coming up for the Accies game, unfortunatley it's not much of a derby atmosphere at Fir Park. Now if it was Airdrie-Clydebank United (Or against the Old Firm) it probably be a little bit better atmosphere but Fir Park is a ghost stadium on most match days - Accies is no different. Although a merry band of East Standers try and trying to change that.

Yes, yes he is. For fuck sake, nothing like holding grudges - over a Football Forum. :lol:

Traffic, good to hear you are coming up for the Accies game, unfortunatley it's not much of a derby atmosphere at Fir Park. Now if it was Airdrie-Clydebank United (Or against the Old Firm) it probably be a little bit better atmosphere but Fir Park is a ghost stadium on most match days - Accies is no different. Although a merry band of East Standers try and trying to change that.

1984, I'm looking forward to a new experience, and one that's very different from my own life watching football. I'm used to being part of a crowd of 76,000 in a magnificent stadium. The Motherwell experience will be totally alien to me, but that's exactly why I'm looking forward to it. Almost within touching distance of the players, and for £18 in a derby game - I'll have a bit of that. I mightn't know all the players, and I won't demand to see football a la Rooney, Berabtov, Giggs, but I'm really looking forward to it and I'll create my own atmosphere if I have to. 'Well bar scarf/United beanie hat ensemble I think. Come and say hello, you rockets B-)

trafficlight, with you offering lots of people a drink i say you just buy everyone in the cooper a pint before the game :lol:

I sit right on the half way line east stand so I'm sure I'll see you there matey

Mon the Well!

trafficlight, with you offering lots of people a drink i say you just buy everyone in the cooper a pint before the game B-)

I sit right on the half way line east stand so I'm sure I'll see you there matey

Mon the Well!

I'll buy a Bellshill boy a beer, no problem. The land of Sir Matt and her indoors ! I hope you're a Guinness man :lol: