• Lukas Jutkiewicz
    • Steven Meechan
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Giles Coke
    • Jamie Pollock
    • Ross Forbes
    • Null Vote

Ruddy was brilliant.

Jennings was excellent, and Murphy played well, especially int he first half.

Meechan played ok, but was out of his depth, and Yass was awful except for a couple of spells in the first half.

Which makes me wonder what was going through Gannon's mind when he took off Murphy, then Jennings. I found it absolutely unbelievable that he took off the players playing well and left on the ones who were struggling. As I watched Pollock get completely overwhelmed by Celtic's defense, I wondered why he was on instead of Sutton.

Gannon's tactic of trying to support Hammell against McGeady with Meechan failed, as McGeady bypassed the pair of them repeatedly, and they were both standing off him, but there was no change made by Gannon on that front.

Don't get me wrong, the team Gannon put out did pretty well and fought well at times, but he didn't help them at all, and just managed to weaken the side as the game progressed.

Others may disagree....

Ruddy is the obvious choice, but I though Jutkiewicz, Murphy, Jennings were good too. The decision to play Meechan and bring on Pollock considering Lasley and Sutton were available is baffling bordering on worrying. But that's possibly for another thread.....

A Well deserved Ruddy gets my vote, certainly kept us in the game.

I was very impressed allround with the team effort and some players such as Hately, Murphy, Jutkewicz.

Only criticism is with the Manager, the second half was unbeleiveble, the team needed fresh legs, experience to earn a draw. There was no emphasis to go on and win just defend and stand off which yes cost us a point at least.

Difference is Celtic can afford to keep a £4million striker on the bench and he gets 10 mins and scores after 56 seconds. All credit it was a beauty strike but i think celtic must feel very lucky to beat a team of under 21 players.

I thought that Gannon responded to Celtic's moves. They began to bypass their midfield by placing four strikers on to go for the win, almost like the game was being played without a midfield at that point.