Ruddy Offski In January?

postiejim

Might just be me putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 but the gaffers comments make me think the big man could be away come January .

The manager also took time to praise on-loan Evertonian John Ruddy who had yet another fantastic afternoon between he sticks.

The 22-year old turned in a man-of-the match performance, one of several this campaign, prompting Gannon to reiterate his claim from earlier in the season that the former Cambridge Utd stopper is the best the SPL has to offer.

“I don’t often make lewd statements- I said a few weeks ago that he’s the best goalkeeper in the SPL in current form and I stand by that,” Gannon claimed.

“John has matured into a top class keeper and coming here as been a fantastic experience for him. He’s loved it and once again today he has shown his class and ability.

“We’ve been lucky enough to secure his services in the last few months and obviously I thank John for coming up here. If we can help guys like him improve as a player then I will obviously be delighted.

“When I retire from my career I want to look back and remember a good group of young players who I helped develop their career and I can already see that with players like Ash Williams who is now the captain of Wales.

“I see John in that same bracket and I am sure he’ll go on to have a fantastic career. If we lose him it’ll because he’s on a remarkable journey to the top.”

I'd think there are only three reasons Ruddy would be going in January. Either he's going to be No.1 or 2 at Everton, or they are about to sell him. If none of that applies, then it's in his and Everton's interests to keep him where he is.

Everton and Ruddy need to act in their own best interest. The way John's form is at present, I believe the best option would be to extend his loan here to give him a whole season of regular 1st team football at a good level. I don't see him replacing Howard yet but by next season he could be knocking at the door. I don't see the point in Everton selling him either. I assume he is still under contract.

Sadly, the one scenario I know we'd all like, is probably way out of Motherwell's reach. We can't afford him.

Let's enjoy him while we can.

I would be delighted to get Ruddy signed up for the rest of the season. If there was any possibility to sign him i'd love it but doesnt look to happen.

Im sure Ruddy will be knocking on the door at Everton soon and asking what future he has with them first then he may look to us or elsewhere?

He has been our best player so far this season and has been an absolute pleasure to watch him.

Mebbes wages won't be an issue. Signing-on fee could offset that, sure it has been done before.

Depends who we're competing against. If any League One/Championship teams are in for him then we will be outdone in ters of what we can offer him financially. I suppose, If and a big IF, we could afford the fee it would be all about how Ruddy would feel about staying here, playing guaranteed 1st team football week in week out for a season or two and get an even bigger move than what might come along in Jauary for him.

It could well be. I like your thinking. :D
i would have thought everton would want him to get experience in league 1 or the championship where he'd have to deal with more crosses and more physical players.doing well for us doesn't mean he'd do well in the prem.think it would show how good he really is to moyes if he played for a mid-table champ team.oops wrong quote.gullane i was trying to quote.