Forbes And Oxygen

WellAyrshire

Just a wee observation earlier when Ross was taking a free kick. Special AKA noticed it too. He just seemed to be struggling for air when the camera gave a close up and he was only on 10-15 minutes maybe. Think all the sports scientist nuts and maybe other folk in the know say that breathing is really important when it comes to performance and being focused. Ross was breathing heavily through his mouth, quite rapid. Just wondering if wee shit like that does make much of a difference?

I've not tried running about in cold weather since I was a kid but as I remember it took a lot more out of you than in normal conditions. He might also have a cold, a lot of people don't have two operational nostrils at the moment!

It can also be difficult for substitutes to get to come on and get to grips with the pace of the game and it was quite a high pace today.

Could be a combination of factors.

forbes isn't athelte. meechan was blowing early on as well but he looks more likely to be able to build up his fitness than ross.

it seems to be a scottish thing. if you were to say who's the fittest in the squad the answer would be ruddy, yass, hutch, hateley, coke, humph, lukas and the only scottish player would be reynolds.

I've not tried running about in cold weather since I was a kid but as I remember it took a lot more out of you than in normal conditions. He might also have a cold, a lot of people don't have two operational nostrils at the moment!

It can also be difficult for substitutes to get to come on and get to grips with the pace of the game and it was quite a high pace today.

Could be a combination of factors.

He did actually have the cold/flu a few weeks ago thinking about it, it could still be lingering on a bit.

What made me think about it was how i try and do a bit of exercise on the running machine on our ship. (mental trying to stay on it.)

Anyway, it's got a heart monitor and running is boring. So, when i'm doing it i have wee competitions with myself trying to control heart rate. When i'm breathing heavy my heart rate is off the scale. Been trying to reach 200 but 198 is the max so far. You get all dizzy and your not sure what the fuck is going on. If i keep changing the speed of the machine to keep the heart rate down, i still function all right. Breathing just through my mouth makes exercising more difficult.

What made me think about it was how i try and do a bit of exercise on the running machine on our ship. (mental trying to stay on it.)

Anyway, it's got a heart monitor and running is boring. So, when i'm doing it i have wee competitions with myself trying to control heart rate. When i'm breathing heavy my heart rate is off the scale. Been trying to reach 200 but 198 is the max so far. You get all dizzy and your not sure what the fuck is going on. If i keep changing the speed of the machine to keep the heart rate down, i still function all right. Breathing just through my mouth makes exercising more difficult.

hopefully the young players will be living a bit more quietly than you are :O

forbes isn't athelte. meechan was blowing early on as well but he looks more likely to be able to build up his fitness than ross.

it seems to be a scottish thing. if you were to say who's the fittest in the squad the answer would be ruddy, yass, hutch, hateley, coke, humph, lukas and the only scottish player would be reynolds.

I think this is a bit unfair.

A lot of those young guys in our team are 18 or 19 years old and are still developing physically and they have been thrown in at the deep end against strong experienced players. Ideally most of those players would have had at least another year at U-19 level before stepping up but as we all know circumstances dictated that wasn't possible.

U-19 football is played at a completely different pace from the full team and you have to give them time to, quite literally, grow up.

Take someone like David Clarkson, he was obviously a much stronger and fitter player at 22 - 23 than he had been at 18 - 19.

i don't think jamie's stamina is an issue it's his lack of strength. he looks timid in the tackle and is easily brushed of the ball.

even faddy has been held back by his lack of athleticism. there are far less talented players playing at a higher level (eg. dirk kuyt, stewart downing) because they are faster and stronger.

Ross Forbes, central midfielder, came on to the field to play a winger role. He clearly gets tired in his preferred role so to be blowing out his arse after 15 minutes, in that horrific weather, playing as a winger is fine. For people to suggest it's something that will hold him back is fucking stupid. The guy has played around 20 games for us and has plenty of potential.