CB- Reynolds

A diamond in midfielf of :

DM - Hately

CM- Jennings

CM- Coke

AM- Murphy

CF- Sutton

CF - Jutkiewicz

3-1 to us I think. We have a decent record in MUST win games and I think we will win comfortably all though there will be inevitable nerves until we get the 3rd goal. Sutton Lukas and I think hately is due a goal.

The St. Johnstone game is our most important game of the season so far, it could define the whole campaign for us.

Gannon's experimentation with formations and young players hasn't worked and we can't afford to take any unnecessary risks in this one.

I think Craigan should come back and we need to keep it tactically simple, i.e a 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2, the three centre half tactic has to be ditched right now to avoid any further embarrasements, it simply doesn't work.

GK - Ruddy

RB - Moutaouakil

DC - Craigan

DC - Reynolds

LB - Hammell

DMC - Hateley

MC - Jennings

MC - Forbes

AMC - Murphy

AC - Jutkiewicz

AC - Sutton

IMO we need to stop leaking easy goals and the way to help do that is to abandon the attacking full backs theme. First and foremost full-backs need to be solid and dependable and able to defend and I'm afraid at present, that's the last thing you could accuse Moutaouakil and Hammell of. I've also never been convinced that Reynolds is a centre-back.

So for me get Saunders to RB and Reynolds to LB. Field team in 4-3-1-2. Murphy to play slightly withdrawn just behind the big two front men.

GK - Ruddy

RB - Saunders

CB - Craigan

CB - Hutchison

LB - Reynolds

RM - Hateley

CM - Coke

LM - Jennings

CM - Murphy

AC - Jutkiewicz

AC - Sutton

Agree with Ruddy as GK. Also agree that we are needing to bring Craigan back. My back line would be Hammell, Craigan, Reynolds and Saunders or Hutchinson. Sutton and Jutkiewicz up front with Coke, Jennings, Forbes and Murphy in midfield. I think we are needing Craigan's experience back in the team as we have to get some wins in to stay top six.

All I want for Christmas is 3 points on Boxing Day!

Win this and all is forgiven for Ibrox. Hopefully get a big response from the players after that and if there's any justice we'll win with a bit too spare. St Johnstone are no mugs though and this will be a really really tough game.

We were 15 points ahead of bottom spot not long ago and that's now down to 8 so as much as it's not a "must win" in the most literal sense, it really could have a big bearing in whether we go on to remain out of the dogfight at the bottom, or get sucked into it. The league is spit in two now and with even a modest haul of 6 or 7 points from the last 5 games, we could've been on the right side of the split. As it is, our tally from recent games (albeit against the best teams in the league) has been crimminal and we have allowed the teams below us to gain a lot of ground.

6 points from Saints, Hearts and Accies really is the minimum we want to be taking as we are on the slippery slope and need to halt it.

In short, I'm bricking it.

Since when exactly?

Rangers in '97?

take in Malpas horerendous season. If my memory serves me right in the middle of the season we had a couple of games where if we lost we may have been rooted to the bottom. We played Dunfermline and beat them. In McGhee's season alot of the games against the Dundee United's , Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen were must wins and we won them. Even last year when we were on the same points as bottom of the league Hamilton we faced a few games where we had to win to avoid hitting the bottom of the table and we won them. So all in all our record is pretty good when we have to win. I grant you there is exceptions like St Mirren for the top six but I blame Mutley for that.

the games you mention weren't must win with direct consequences,

That I agree with. I was meaning indirectly I suppose because if we did lose those games it could have set a tone for the rest of the season. It wouldn't have meant we would go down but it is hard to claw your way back if a gap opens up at the bottom. I suppose the only game we did win that had direct consequences was the Aberdeen game in McGhee's first season. Although with that argument this isn't a must win game and this debate is pointless :lol:

We need to go back to a formation that the players are comfortable with and make us hard to beat.

How about a traditional 442?

.......................Ruddy

Moutaouakil Sauders Hutchison Reynolds

......Jennings Coke Hateley O'Brien

.................Murphy Juke

For me, Murphy has to play but we are sacrificing the shape of the team too much by playing him behind two striker. I don't think we can afford that luxury at the moment.

I'd also bring O'Brien back, regardless of where his future lies, as we have been a shadow of our former selves since his ommission.

-------------------------Ruddy-------------------------

Saunders---------Craigan----------Hutchionson-----Reynolds

-------------------------Hateley-----------------------

------------------Forbes--------Jennings---------------

-------------------------Murphy-----------------------

-----------------Sutton--------Duke------------------

2-1 Well wih Duke and Sutton scoring.

St Johnstone will come out and pressure us and push us about. Something we've not coped too well against so far this season. I think we need to bring Sutton back in as his link up play will be exactly what's needed for this sort of game. I'd also be tempted to get Craigan back in, I think his experience could be a settling influence on the team after this weekend's humbling.

Whatever the team is though, it's a big game and an important one to win. Luckily the teams around us have been dropping points too so there's not much change in the table but the chasing pack are slowly edging up the way. We need to get a couple of wins in the next few games to earn a bit of breathing room.

Unless Ruddy, Juke and Yaas have agreed to stay on i would drop them. Apart from that i'm not really bothered who plays. Hopefully we can pick up a few wins now over teams below us and to me these are a crucial few games coming up.

You should always play your strongest team, even if they are leaving us in January, all points are prisoners.

The boys are here till january at least, signed and sealed. So play them. Jim O'Brien's here till otherwise, as contracted, so play him or stick him on the bench. All four, alright 3, are capable of producing something that might see us claim the 3 points on saturday and to leave them in the stands because they might not be here in a few weeks is silly, imo. As Yabba said, strongest squad possble, we're not in a position to start picking and choosing.

I'd go for

------------------------Ruddy-------------------------

Saunders---------Reynolds----------Hutchionson-----Hammell

hump-------------Forbes--------Jennings------------Slane(if fit)if naw O'brien

-----------------Murphy--------Duke------------------

reckon we will be 1 or 2 up by halftime. just hoping our second half performance improves greatly from what they have been recently where we seem to fadeing badly

I wouldn't be too surprised to see Craigan still on the bench come Boxing Day. I would not be unhappy were he to return, but I think we can assume that Gannon rates Reynolds, Saunders and Hutchison as first in line for CB positions. The good thing about Hutchison is that he also offers a potent goal threat for a CB. I make it 5 league starts and 3 goals.......better than most strikers :P

Assuming Gannon wants to start with all 3 - then he has to drop one of Yass or Hammell. Right now I would choose Saunders at RB (and not Yass) ahead of Reynolds at left back (and not Hammell).

I would also bring either Slane or O'Brien back to give us some creativity from midfield.

--------------------Ruddy-------------------------

Saunders------Hutchinson-----Reynolds--------Hammell

--------------------Hateley-----------------------

------Coke--------Jennings-----Murphy------O'Brien/Slane

---------------------Duke---------------------------

With that line up Mr G - we will edge the game 2-1 B-)

-------------------------Ruddy-------------------------

Saunders---------Craigan----------Hutchionson-----Reynolds

-------------------------Hateley-----------------------

------------------Forbes--------Jennings---------------

-------------------------Murphy-----------------------

-----------------Sutton--------Duke------------------

2-1 Well wih Duke and Sutton scoring.

Young fella here with his diamond formation. I hope you spent this much time thinking about your homework B-)

Looks a decent shout, too.

Any reason Slane is being included (even as a maybe) in some folks line ups? Have I missed something? Last bit of news I heard was that things weren't exactly going to plan and he hadn't even started jogging again, nevermind returned to training or ready to play. That was quite a few weeks ago though. I'd be delighted if he was on the brink of return.

Edit: just read Andrew Westons Twitter page. He was back in training last week, good to hear! B-)