Boxing Day Match Thread

Malky79

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm now of the opinion after an hour and 20 minute long phone call with Frazzle that the best we can hope for from this game is a point.

Don't blame me for that - I'm still expecting a win! You're the prophet of doom!

(although I admit I will have completely pressed the panic button if we lose on saturday!)

frazer.jpg

<br />I'm now of the opinion after an hour and 20 minute long phone call with Frazzle that the best we can hope for from this game is a point.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Just be grateful after that long a phone call with Frazzle talking about Motherwell it didn't end up in a mutual suicide pact! :P

Game aff.

I should point out, that this isn't official, but pretty much guaranteed.

For what it's worth, I reckon you're right. Having said that, it is only Wednesday, plenty of time for the weather to take another mental turn. I have a funny feeling ir could be that the roads and concerns about fans travelling being sued might be the reason and not the pitch...

I am beginning to wonder how much the speculation surrounding McInnes with the now vacant post at Tannadice will affect Saint Johnstone. Always has an effect on a team, and if he goes or looks like going I think their players might well have their minds somewhat distracted.

Who I think will play...

----------------Ruddy

Yass - Saunders - Hutch - Reynolds

---------------Hateley

--------Jennings - Meechan

--------------Murphy

-----------Juke - McHugh

Who I would play...

-----------------Ruddy

Yass - Saunders - Hutch - Reynolds

---------Jennings - Forbes

Humph--------Murphy-------O'Brien

-----------------Juke

Hateley has been getting worse week on week now, Forbes is as good a passer of the ball and they wont let any of our players dilly dally on the ball.

The game will be on if the only concern is the pitch, as we know we have fully functioning undersoil heating and also a cover on top I believe.

In terms of the team I feel we need to get back to what we did well early in the season. We need to pass the ball well but not be brushed off the ball so easily. We also need to mix it up a bit more and go direct if the occasion merits it.

I would set the team out in a 4-4-2 formation with the following personnel:

Ruddy

Moutouakil

Hutchinson

Reynolds

Hammell

Murphy

Hateley

Jennings

O'Brien

Jutkiewitz

Sutton

With that team and a decent performace I'll say 3-1 to us.

I was in the shop today asked about the pitch guy in the shop said the game will be on he said there is not a cover on the park as we dont need it now can anybody confirm this?

Can't confirm it, but now that we have functional undersoil heating, I'd guess the covers would only be useful now if there's any further heavy snow forecast between now and the game.

Can't confirm it, but now that we have functional undersoil heating, I'd guess the covers would only be useful now if there's any further heavy snow forecast between now and the game.

Snow forecast for tomorrow night.

Anyway back the the match, I'm going for 2-0. Lukas and McHugh on the scoresheet

See the thread 'Help! Saturday's Match Support' started by DosserJoe for more info.