Help! Saturday's Match Support

DosserJoe

Dear All

I've just had a call from the club asking for the Trust to help organise support from any supporters willing to help get Saturday's game on.

At this moment the covers are on the park and the heating is on... the park is almost certain to be playable.

The big danger comes with the surrounding areas. The club MAY need help scooping snow from the side of the park, spreading salt over the stands and on the pavements around the entrances to the park. The covers also weigh a ton so the club may need help lifting these off of the park.

I would like any fans willing to lend their help and support to the club to drop me a PM with your name, number and where you live (don't need your address - just your town area) so I can put together a list of names who can be "On Standby" to come up and lend a few hours of graft in the morning to make sure the game goes ahead.

Please be assured, this is just a precaution and there is a greater than 50% chance that your services wont be called upon.

Any help, very much appreciated by both the Trust and the Club.

I've also volunteered for the Trust to donate Rock Salt to the club in the future to support their efforts to get games on now and in the future.

Thanks in advance

Joe

Cheers for all the PM's offering help guys.

I'm not able to send messages back due to the flood control on this board.

Basically - The club have called today and have said they certainly will need help on Saturday morning. The covers are being left on until the morning to be on the safe side so they would like us to help for an hour taking them off.

Start time is 8.30am infront of the main stand if you can come along. Will text everyone who has left me a number if there is any change.

From the clubs end, everything is being done to make sure this game goes ahead.

Hope the council do the same for the roads around in general!

Sorry guys but saturday's forcast is snow. I hate to be a wet blanket but i think this game will be off due to hazardous conditions around the Ark. :P . On a bright note i was going to miss it anyway as i'll be in Tenerife... :wallbash: .

I'l bet you a score this game will be on !!! :P

Cheers to the couple of lads who made it along this morning. Great effort in helping the club get the covers off and scooping the snow off the ground round the park!

I guess a few folk that had commited to come along had worse than expected hangovers :thumbup:B-)

Sorry mate, I set my alarm for Jack Daniels opening but thought my daughter would have woke me up earlier.

Well done to those guys. I assume the game is definately on????