Why Can't Some Of Our Fans See The Bigger Picture?

nethertonwellfan

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah well I think unless we see the fact we are going backwards and on a four game losing streak with Hearts to come on Wednesday then the bigger picture could become that we have a real fight on our hands.

How long have you been supporting Motherwell ? How many four game losing straks have we been on. We have had them under McLean, McLeish, Kampmann, Davies, Black, Butcher, Malpas and now Gannon. Now I maybe wrong but i think McGhee is the only manager I have known that hasn't lost 4 in a row. BOO HOO all they managers should have been sacked before there time.

Where did I say he should be sacked?

I reckon we're really gonna struggle to come out of this poor run of performances with the players looking very short of confidence.

Stop jumping up and down trying to be a smart arse all the time.

Not you personally but people - whether you admit it or not - are shouting for Gannon's head. Personally I think that is folly. But hey It is a sorry day when you actually SUPPORT your manager.

I can fully understand why some fans would be frustrated and angry after the very poor second half today. Its now seven games without a win and four defeats on the bounce. with our recent defensive efforts being nothing short of dreadful.

However, we do have a lot of youngsters in the squad who need some confidence, so too much abuse is without question counter-productive to their performances and development. Even many of the more experienced players like Crags and Las haven't featured much and will be a tad rusty, so our support is needed at this tough time.

I can see what the bigger picture is, but short term we do need to show an improvement as the teams below are closing in and I don't believe we're equipped to deal with a scrap at the bottom.

Still, I'm still behind Jim and the lads, bring on the Tarts!

We are 6th! We will get our act together and finish 6th. Even you must have had a bad day at the office.

You just can't say that and expect people to take it as fact. Aberdeen and Hearts, imo will pick up points in places and games we won't i.e. as evidenced against Old Firm. If they go on any kind of run (which Hearts look like they could be) then we could be well out of top 6 contention rather quickly. Then teams like Accies and St Johnstone could easily finish above us. We are only 8 points ahead of Falkirk. We should be focusing more on this end of the table imo. 3rd and 4th are long gone. 5th is slipping away. 6th is a chance if we get a run together. Not getting involved in a relagation dogfight with Killie and Falkirk is the priority.

Serious questions are being asked of Gannon and the team. Quite right too.

You just can't say that and expect people to take it as fact. Aberdeen and Hearts, imo will pick up points in places and games we won't i.e. as evidenced against Old Firm. If they go on any kind of run (which Hearts look like they could be) then we could be well out of top 6 contention rather quickly. Then teams like Accies and St Johnstone could easily finish above us. We are only 8 points ahead of Falkirk. We should be focusing more on this end of the table imo. 3rd and 4th are long gone. 5th is slipping away. 6th is a chance if we get a run together. Not getting involved in a relagation dogfight with Killie and Falkirk is the priority.

Serious questions are being asked of Gannon and the team. Quite right too.

I'm sying it because I beleive it mate. I may be over positive but i would rather be theat than uber negative. All I am asking for is a bit of positivity for a change. Is that tp much to ask for? We are better than Killie Falkirk , Hamilton, St Mirren, aberdeen and hearts and that is is belief and not blinkered.

I'm sying it because I beleive it mate. I may be over positive but i would rather be theat than uber negative. All I am asking for is a bit of positivity for a change. Is that tp much to ask for? We are better than Killie Falkirk , Hamilton, St Mirren, aberdeen and hearts and that is is belief and not blinkered.

Are we though? I've been to every domestic game, home and away, this season and I don't think that can be said. We gave Killie a going over but were lucky to beat Falkirk and Hearts (who had ten men) 1-0. Hamilton should have beat us (with ten men) and St Mirren scored 6 past us in two games.....and HUMPED us in the CIS Cup. Aberdeen should have beat us at both Pittodrie and Fir Park (ten men in this one too). Ruddy saved us on countless occasions against Aberdeen at Fir Park.

No way we are better than ALL of those six. There is positivity then there is holding your hands up and being honest mate.

Are we though? I've been to every domestic game, home and away, this season and I don't think that can be said. We gave Killie a going over but were lucky to beat Falkirk and Hearts (who had ten men) 1-0. Hamilton should have beat us (with ten men) and St Mirren scored 6 past us in two games.....and HUMPED us in the CIS Cup. Aberdeen should have beat us at both Pittodrie and Fir Park (ten men in this one too). Ruddy saved us on countless occasions against Aberdeen at Fir Park.

No way we are better than ALL of those six. There is positivity then there is holding your hands up and being honest mate.

Shit happens! We are above everyone of them im the league! That is a stat you can't dispute!!! (except hearts, I just noticed that :lol: )

Because today we witnessed the net result of JGs fucking about with the team selection which was today baffling to say the least, not sure what formation it was supposed to be, lets look at the substitutions , Craggs was having a 'mare and lasted 90 mins Las and O brien having good games and get hooked , we were 1 nil up and should have pressed home our advantage instead we came out 2nd half and before any of our players got going we were 2-1 down.

Today was the worst performance I've seen all season so if people who forked out thier hard earned to turn up and freeze there bits off want to Boo not only a defeat but a piss poor performance then Boo away.

Because today we witnessed the net result of JGs fucking about with the team selection which was today baffling to say the least, not sure what formation it was supposed to be, lets look at the substitutions , Craggs was having a 'mare and lasted 90 mins Las and O brien having good games and get hooked , we were 1 nil up and should have pressed home our advantage instead we came out 2nd half and before any of our players got going we were 2-1 down.

Today was the worst performance I've seen all season so if people who forked out thier hard earned to turn up and freeze there bits off want to Boo not only a defeat but a piss poor performance then Boo away.

So what positive effect does booing have ?

why all the negativity.Gannon hasn't been able to play his style coz it's all wing play and two of our wingers have been injured and the the other one has his head up McGee's arse.Humphrey and Slane are back 'good times around the corner.Believe!!! :lol: we are goin to run riot at tynecastle.

Are you serious ?

So what positive effect does booing have ?

If you read my post you'll note I answered the question asked, at no time did I say Booing has a positive effect, however what positive effect does a performance like today have on our ability to generate bigger crowds and a succesful football team ?

If you read my post you'll note I answered the question asked, at no time did I say Booing has a positive effect, however what positive effect does a performance like today have on our ability to generate bigger crowds and a succesful football team ?

Finishing 3rd doesn't generate bigger crowds so what's your point?

Can it not be that we are a work in progress or is that thinking beyond you ?