Ruddy, Lucas And Co - Bye Bye

Burma

Yass - Away

Lucas - Away

Ruddy - Away

Coke - Away

Hateley - Away

Fraser, McGarry, Ftizpatrick, Craigan, all back in the first team then?

Forbes, Hutch, Slane, McHugh, all back to being n the bench.

cant wait to see our new 4-5-1 formation.

cant believe this insane decision. And for all you optimists out there. lets be realistic, there is NO-ONE lined up to step in.

In my opinion this has clearly come from the "older" players who did not figure in Gannons plan.

Insane decision.

Im now preparing myself for the relegation dogfight - the blame for which will now be layed squarely at Gannons door by those who hated him.

I am really struggling to see where we go now and Burley wont be coming. Doubt Tango will be either, as Utd have more pulling power than we do.

What first division managers are out of work right now?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yass - Away

Lucas - Away

Ruddy - Away

Coke - Away

Hateley - Away

Fraser, McGarry, Ftizpatrick, Craigen, all back in the first team then?

cant believe this insane decision. And for all you optimists out there. lets be realistic, there is NO-ONE lined up to step in.

In my opinion this has clearly come from the "older" players who did not figure in Gannons plan.

Insane decision.

Im now preparing myself for the relegation dogfight - the blame for which will now be layed squarely at Gannons door by those who hated him.

I am really struggling to see where we go now and Burley wont be coming. Doubt Tango will be either, as Utd have more pulling power than we do.

Coke and hately sre here until the summer at least.

Yass - Away

Lucas - Away

Ruddy - Away

Coke - Away

Hateley - Away

Fraser, McGarry, Ftizpatrick, Craigen, all back in the first team then?

Insane decision.

This has come because he was displaying a patronizingly superior attitude to our players, the club and it's supporters. Get over it.

I thought Hately had signed a new contract?

Either way, Jays point is spot on. Ruddy knows how much the fans rate him and the Duke is in the best form of his career.

Gannon unearthed some absolute gems, just a pity he had no idea how to manage them.

Maybe we could bring him back in as a scout? ;)

all we need is a bell and someone saying "bring out your dead".

We shall see in the next week if JB has a replacement set up.

We have as much chance keeping our loan players and even our contracted ones as we had with jim as gaffer.

It certainly aint boring following our club tho and Young's team formation and selection will be interesting on wednesday

Really? My opinion is that it was because of his refusal to commit to the club for any length of time while applying for jobs down south.

Add it all together mate.

No commitment, applying for other jobs means he will be out the door soon. Falling out with the senior players means they would have been out the door in the January window. If Gannon was certain to be going sometime in the next few months, Boyle had to act now or we would be left with a team of under 19's and no manager in February.

Really? My opinion is that it was because of his refusal to commit to the club for any length of time while applying for jobs down south.

It was strange how the negative press really only started when he began regularly dropping Craigen, someone with good links to the media. Other managers made more of a big deal and were more critical of referees and the media than Gannon was for a longer period than Gannon was. This refusal to commit was obvioulsy discussed at his interview and subsequently for the last few months, so why did it suddenly become an issue today.

What is becoming clear to me today is that Gannon was critical of Craigen in the dressing room (quite rightly so as he was gash) and made comments about players inability to pass the ball (clearly indicating Craigen and Lasley) in his press conference on Saturday night. Both of these guys were told they were out the first team and both went crying to JB who sided with them.

As for his applying for jobs down south. Unsubstantiated rumour. No basis or evidence of that from anywhere and it certainly was not the impression gannon gave in any of his interviews or at the forum. In fact he often claimed the very opposite and stated that he was here for the long term on many occasions. Not exactly the sign of a man looking to leave was it.

Gannon was totally different to any manager we've had in my time. Whose to say the next one won't bring another completely different style? The players that have impressed under Gannon won't be swept right back under. Hateley is on a two year deal as far as I know anyway, and Coke hasn't played well since about September. I think Forbes has a huge future and is a fantastic talent, but he has also stagnated. Everything about us has stagnated in the past six or seven weeks and I think a change will benefit absolutely everyone.

Gannon was totally different to any manager we've had in my time. Whose to say the next one won't bring another completely different style? The players that have impressed under Gannon won't be swept right back under. Hateley is on a two year deal as far as I know anyway, and Coke hasn't played well since about September. I think Forbes has a huge future and is a fantastic talent, but he has also stagnated. Everything about us has stagnated in the past six or seven weeks and I think a change will benefit absolutely everyone.

Hately is on a 1 year deal.

If Gannon even had the remotest concept of man management and was showing willing to get on with anyone - then I am sure he would still be in a job.

But it appears as if he fell out with - and in no particular order - Senior Players, Referees, Media, New players, Board and MFC staff. That would be acceptable if you were Fabio Cappello or Jose Mourinho but patently Boyle had had enough.

Fine - we move on and hope that we can get a manager that will not start a fight on his own in a telephone kiosk .

Yeah I agree. If Gannnon lost the dressing room a few weeks ago then these players reli have no reason to leave just coz Gannon has.

Ruddy has had a great season up here and has said himself how he enjoys regular first team football and that will play a big part of his decision to stay or not. Same for Lucas and the lyks.

Also it depands how quickly we get a manager sorted how and the contacts they have.

As for the younger guys, the new manager will know how well they are able to play now they have built a bit of a reputation for themselves so am sure theyll give them a chance to continue to show themselves.

Yass - Away

Lucas - Away

Ruddy - Away

Coke - Away

Hateley - Away

Fraser, McGarry, Ftizpatrick, CRAIGAN all back in the first team then?

Insane decision.