• no . and he never will
    • mainly yes. but still getting it wrong sometimes
    • mainly no. but still getting it right sometimes

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would seem that many on here dont like it when people come on and air their views unless they agree with them. This is regularly resulting in a name calling exercise. I have called ohers names true, but only after they called me names first. Childish? Absolutely, but thats the way many want it

Very true but you just keep banging on about it like Boyle knocked you back for a date or something. Seems like you have a personal vendetta against the man actually. I spend more time on here than I would like to admit to and I've never seen you post until today and all day you've been on here just generally being a complete dick. I would like to think you're at the wind-up because if you're not you may want to seek professional psycological help

Very true but you just keep banging on about it like Boyle knocked you back for a date or something. Seems like you have a personal vendetta against the man actually. I spend more time on here than I would like to admit to and I've never seen you post until today and all day you've been on here just generally being a complete dick. I would like to think you're at the wind-up because if you're not you may want to seek professional psycological help

Beeing a dick? Like you right now you mean. I assume by this you mean not sucking John Boyles boaby every time he says something or makes an announcement. I have no personal vendetta against him, I just feel he has made a mess of my club. Never before him have i seen organised protests by fans at Fir Park such as we saw in the Cooper/NO campaign.

Ive never said anything to wind people up and i posted here today because im genuinely concerned at the lack of direction in our club. I only spoke about John Boyle when others did and only answered people when they spoke directly to me. If you dont like my views then argue agaisnt them or ignore them, but it does you no credit to attack me personally. Still that seems to be the way of it on these boards. So I react in kind.

Maybe if your on here so much you should get some psychiatric help :lol:

More right than wrong of late.

Only time will tell if sacking Gannon is/was a blunder. The biggest blunder he has made is by not making him sign a contract in the first place! Even if it was a 6 month rolling contract or something like that.

As I have said in previous threads, Brown will lead us to a higher position in the table this season than Gannon would have. Next season but, I have no doubt Gannon would have put us in better long term shape due to his philosophy... That said if he didny have a contract he could have jumped at the first sniff of a bigger opportunity and if the rumours on other threads are true about him having interviews with other clubs then we would never have seen the long term benefits.

His best decisions of late have been...

-The way he got rid of Malpas,

-Attracting a high quality of candidates when Malpas left,

-Attracting even higher quality of managers when McGee left,

-Being brave enough to take a manager onboard with less of a track record than these candidates because of his long term plan he presented to the club

-Appointing Leeann Dempster

More right than wrong and the club still punches above it's weight whilst remaining out of debt.

John Boyle is possibly the best owner that we could wish for. He has once again acted on the best interests of the club by sacking Jim Gannon.

Some people really don't appreciate what he has done for the club. With the exception of putting full trust in Pat Nevin almost every other decision has been spot on.

- Knocked back the sale to Coakley for the club a few years back. Tommy Coakley would never have had the best interests of the club. Asset stripping was his aim!

- Cooper to the Old Firm fans was not popular with our support but he was maximising the income for our club. He was doing this to improve our playing budget and put a better product on the park. It didn't work and he has reverted back. All avenues need to be explored to improve budget.

- Removal of Maurice Malpas was a great move by John Boyle. He got rid of Hegarty knowing that Malpas would stay loyal to his assistant and walk too. Once again a great move by John Boyle.

- Appointment of Mark McGhee. He never took the usual load of journeymen managers and brought in someone who knows the game and it benefited us.

- Compensation agreement for McGhee moving on. £200k is not to be sniffed at.

- The rumoured moves for Stephen Hughes and Chris Porter were being personally paid for by John Boyle.

- Rumour posted and heard elsewhere that John Boyle has sanctioned a £400k move for John Ruddy in return for a percentage of the future transfer fee. We would need to punt him for £2m for Boyle to recoup his money.

Well Done John Boyle and I hope you continue to run our club as you currently are doing....

John Boyle is possibly the best owner that we could wish for. He has once again acted on the best interests of the club by sacking Jim Gannon.

Some people really don't appreciate what he has done for the club. With the exception of putting full trust in Pat Nevin almost every other decision has been spot on.

- Knocked back the sale to Coakley for the club a few years back. Tommy Coakley would never have had the best interests of the club. Asset stripping was his aim!

- Cooper to the Old Firm fans was not popular with our support but he was maximising the income for our club. He was doing this to improve our playing budget and put a better product on the park. It didn't work and he has reverted back. All avenues need to be explored to improve budget.

- Removal of Maurice Malpas was a great move by John Boyle. He got rid of Hegarty knowing that Malpas would stay loyal to his assistant and walk too. Once again a great move by John Boyle.

- Appointment of Mark McGhee. He never took the usual load of journeymen managers and brought in someone who knows the game and it benefited us.

- Compensation agreement for McGhee moving on. £200k is not to be sniffed at.

- The rumoured moves for Stephen Hughes and Chris Porter were being personally paid for by John Boyle.

- Rumour posted and heard elsewhere that John Boyle has sanctioned a £400k move for John Ruddy in return for a percentage of the future transfer fee. We would need to punt him for £2m for Boyle to recoup his money.

Well Done John Boyle and I hope you continue to run our club as you currently are doing....

+1

Always felt that Mr Boyle has the best interest of Motherwell FC at heart, and that we are lucky to have him owning and running our club. He's made mistakes, who hasn't, but agree with Mitch that whatever has been done, sometimes contoversial, has been intended to be for the greater good.

The cooper is the least of my worries.

Jim Gannon should in no way shape or form have went near the players or training ground until he'd signed a contract. It's business basics. To have someone that can walk out on the club for nothing, 6 months down the line, is nothing short of scandalous and a testament to John Boyle's business sense.

Yeah, I'm sure deep down he is really just an evil man who doesn't give a shit. One of James Bond biggest adversaries apparently.

No Bond villian, he's a businessman, allegedly.

We can talk about John writing off the debt he was owed. But in fairness if i left skidmarks splashed across the toilet, i'd be embarrassed enough to clean it up.

Some people's heads have been turned the last two years or so, i do believe he has made two excellent appointments in McGhee and Gannon. Ending Malpas's reign, was a masterstroke. However, his penny pinching with regards to our pitch could of cost us points and turned us into a joke. His negligence over Gannon's contract is quite shocking. Whilst we bumped Gannon off and it cost us nothing, we ran the risk of any club coming in at any time and taking him without a penny in compensation. In these post setanta times, every penny is a prisoner and six months down the line and still no signature? C'mon!

Bringing in Jack and Victor i feel is a good move. But bring them in till the end of the season. Review it in the summer, Craig Brown could well be the new messiah. He may appeal to the folk who like football played the Scottish way. Why give him three games and bring in a manager towards the end, if not after, the transfer window shuts?? Its comedy.

Here's a suggestion John. Once you've taken a few snaps of the baby chimps in Taronga Zoo and had a wee scoot about Darling harbour..maybe you would like to head back to Motherwell and find our club a manager.

Here's a suggestion John. Once you've taken a few snaps of the baby chimps in Taronga Zoo and had a wee scoot about Darling harbour..maybe you would like to head back to Motherwell and find our club a manager.

This. He should be here RIGHT NOW.

Oh, and I think Craigie and Erchie should be given the job until the summer and, if things go well and they want it, they should get it permanently. These two guys might just be EXACTLY what we need at the club right now, age be damned. For once we would have guys in charge that weren't using us as a stepping stone, or who aren't 'fresh out the packet' and cutting their teeth. They have a wealth of experience at the top level and, in Erchie, have a guy that won't stand for bullshit.

I have critised Boyle in the past and praised his stewardship in recent times. Only time will tell as to whether this latest chapter is a decision MFC will regret or not.

I've commented before that I would like Boyle to give the fans the chance to buy into the club. I'm not minted but if given the opportunity to buy a small stake and then collectively vote on decisions concerning the club, I'd jump at it.

I'm not talking about `the Ebbsfleet way` but there are definately opportunities to raise finance and take our club forward. Sorry about Nevin.

Motherwell FC and Boyle have made progress lately and I applaud the decision to appoint Brown and Knox at this moment in time. Maybe its because I'm getting old, but recently I keep asking myself what exactly (side from attending a match) do I get from continually handing over a significant proportion of my wage on a monthly wage to Boyle.

The cooper is the least of my worries.

Jim Gannon should in no way shape or form have went near the players or training ground until he'd signed a contract. It's business basics. To have someone that can walk out on the club for nothing, 6 months down the line, is nothing short of scandalous and a testament to John Boyle's business sense.

Football managers not having written contracts isn't that unusual, even in our own league.