The Truth

lynda_block

Right, it's about time some truths were put to bed, etc.

From the players' perspective.......what was the dressing room's view of gannon?? Had he really lost their confidence as was reported? Whilst I have a lot of time for some of our senior players who had been pushed to the fringes, was there some kind of whispering campaign against Gannon?? Please tell us why Gannon could not motivate the dressing room over the last few weeks, when he had started the season so well.

From the board's point of view,.......why did they feel the need to make the change NOW?? Have they got a realistic alternative ready to step in and wrap up our loan signings (I don't mean Brown & Knox - they are in no way long term replacements).

I really believe the club has taken a massive step backwwards on sacking Jim Gannon, he was a breathe of fresh air in the SPL, and really could have made a difference to our club

Never mind that prairie shite.....ah want tae hear fae all these "distinguished players" to come oooooot and publicly dis the Gannon flaps.

Lets see how many come out - bawless wonders!!!!

PS CRAIG BROWN DEMENTIA ARMY, CRAIG BROWN WHIT??? YE TALKING ABOUT ME??

Crags pretty much did speak out in the interview he did with Alba for Accies away game, talked bout results hiding what goes on behind the scenes etc.

Also spoke to McGarry a while back and he said a lot of things that were none to positive bout JG also that none of the older lads liked him and mentioned "that even Keith, who loves Motherwell to bits, even he's fucked off with it now".

It's obvious JOB had run-ins with him too, hence the dropping of him from the team. Guess something had to give and in the end it was the gaffer, hopefully his legacy is the young players he blooded and the decent players he's brought to the club. Special mention for Wardy, still a legend!

Right, it's about time some truths were put to bed, etc.

From the players' perspective.......what was the dressing room's view of gannon?? Had he really lost their confidence as was reported? Whilst I have a lot of time for some of our senior players who had been pushed to the fringes, was there some kind of whispering campaign against Gannon?? Please tell us why Gannon could not motivate the dressing room over the last few weeks, when he had started the season so well.

From the board's point of view,.......why did they feel the need to make the change NOW?? Have they got a realistic alternative ready to step in and wrap up our loan signings (I don't mean Brown & Knox - they are in no way long term replacements).

I really believe the club has taken a massive step backwwards on sacking Jim Gannon, he was a breathe of fresh air in the SPL, and really could have made a difference to our club

This is the thing i don't get Why today??

Wherever he ends up,,,,,I really wish Jim Gannon the very best in his future career - am sorry it hasn't worked out at Motherwell, but am sure he will find a club willing to give him the time required to create his vision!

It hasn't worked out because he didn't want to sign a contract because he was looking for another job. He had no vision for Motherwell obviously under the circumstances. Not professional and I certainly cannot wish the man luck, albeit no ill will.

Peter Ward's comments - something in all of this is a bit 'fishy'

The Last Supper

JIM GANNON and Peter Ward outlined their future plans for Motherwell at a festive dinner with Fir Park chairman John Boyle.

Little did they know it would be a last supper - and it's left a bitter taste.

Gannon and trusted No2 Ward enjoyed the hospitality of their chairman and - they were convinced - his full support.

It's why they felt shafted when the axe fell on them.

They had been in charge at Fir Park without contracts and were fully expecting to take training yesterday afternoon.

But fateful phone calls abruptly changed their plans.

Ward, 45, hadn't long settled in his rented Hamilton flat after driving from Manchester when he got the news from Well's general manager Leeann Dempster that his services were no longer requited.

He told SunSport: "It was a bolt from the blue. We didn't see it coming.

"I don't know what's been going on and I've been trying to get back in touch with Jim.

"The chairman's away at the moment and he left it to Leeann Dempster to inform me that they were terminating my employment.

"I had travelled up this morning because we were due to train in the afternoon.

"It's a shock and very disappointing because I have really enjoyed my time at Motherwell. We had been busy trying to make improvements to the squad. We were getting stuck into the job.

"Recent results hadn't been great, we know that, but we weren't too concerned. It's what happens when you have a young team. Some of the kids have been looking tired.

"But there have still been encouraging performances and we were looking forward to the second half of the season.

"The board had been very supportive and there was no indication of any unhappiness.

"In fact, it was only a few weeks ago we went out for a meal with John Boyle and there was nothing negative said.

"We met first at John's office and we had been making plans to improve the squad ahead of the January transfer window.

"John was, and had been, very supportive. We felt he was behind us.

"We had a nice meal and a few drinks. It was a good night. So you can understand why I'm feeling shocked right now."

Well chairman Boyle accused Gannon of lacking commitment, but Ward insisted: "Jim WAS committed to the club.

"As soon as he came in he wanted to get more youths into the team and he was anxious to improve the training facilities. We were all trying to improve the club."

While boss Gannon was high profile, making a few enemies, assistant Ward preferred to stay in the background.

They worked wonders at Stockport, including a Wembley play-off triumph in 2008.

Ward will now return to English football and could reform his partnership with Gannon at Crewe Alexandra.

But regardless of his ruthless sacking, he insisted he will still hold warm memories of his stint at Motherwell.

He said: "Of course what's happened is very disappointing, but that's football.

"I have really enjoyed my experience of the SPL. I think the team gave a good account of themselves in the first half of the season.

"But we always knew we had a lot of hard work ahead of us.

"Experience told us there was going to be a bad spell during the season.

"We haven't been on a good run of results lately, but we were confident that would soon change.

"We were working hard on the training ground and it was our hope to get a few signings in.

"I'm sad it's come to an end for us, but we move on."

From the board's point of view,.......why did they feel the need to make the change NOW??

Im just floating this, but if Gannon was actively seeking a way out then they couldn't let it go on. Gannon would have had the senior players out the door in the January transfer windon, he would then have walked himself first chance he got, leaving us with a proper under 19 team.

I wouldnt have minded craigan, lasley and co getting punted as long as JG was here long term to implement his plan, but there would be no sense in letting him decimate the club if he was going to leave in a couple of months.

The thing I liked about Gannon is that he knew that the older players weren't good enough. Seriously what have Craigan, Lasley and McGarry done since they have been here. From what have heard all McGarry has done this season is moan about Gannon.

Don't say that, you'll upset the senior players. Saying that, they'll get a game now if Broon gets the gig. Expect Colin Hendry to come out of retirement as well.

This is the thing i don't get Why today??

Probably because he was going to walk out on us for the Crewe job.

You can't tell me that he has gone from being sacked yesterday, to being clolse to being appointed the new Crewe manager in the next few days.

He'd have had to express an interest earlier and an interview. So this isn't out of the blue as Ward thinks it his. Unless of course Gannon was also being disloyal to him.

The thing I liked about Gannon is that he knew that the older players weren't good enough. Seriously what have Craigan, Lasley and McGarry done since they have been here. From what have heard all McGarry has done this season is moan about Gannon.

Became a living legend for his homeland! :wallbash:

That is a good point. We all thought we were finally going to see the back of McGarry. Now I would imagine he'll be here until the summer at least. :wallbash:

Another thing that bugs me is the players haven't kicked a ball for three months. Surely they have to be looked at aswell. They didn't like the manager so some of them chucked it.

We might like managers but we still get on with our jobs at the end of the day ( well my boss is my dad :wallbash: ). Shows you how different the world of football is.

Years of solid service that I think earned them the right to be treated with a bit of respect, very little room for sentiment but neither player is exactly in the knackers yard yet but Gannon treated them like something he trod on and seemed to wish they were elsewhere.

Ok McGarry not a lot, a player than even when he briefly looked the part under McGhee has for a long time looked unable to cut it.

Another thing that bugs me is the players haven't kicked a ball for three months. Surely they have to be looked at aswell. They didn't like the manager so some of them chucked it.

We might like managers but we still get on with our jobs at the end of the day ( well my boss is my dad :wallbash: ). Shows you how different the world of football is.

I agree to some extent. I think players are often very quick to deflect responsibility, however the Motherwell players were still getting on with their jobs in the sense that they turned up and were playing a game of football.

The difference is that they were giving maybe 80% effort when for a club like Motherwell 100% is required at all times just to stand still. I think where Gannon has got it wrong is that he has been too focused on the technicalities of the game and not focused enough on the man management of the players.