Hypocritical

andybug

John Boyle cant exactly come out and say "the chairman of XXXXX phoned me to tell me that my manager had unofficially made it known he was interested in the managers position at his club, so for that he is sacked!" instead we get this shite about no signing a contract!

John Boyle cant exactly come out and say "the chairman of XXXXX phoned me to tell me that my manager had unofficially made it known he was interested in the managers position at his club, so for that he is sacked!" instead we get this shite about no signing a contract!

I dont understand why he cant?

If its true then there should be no issue with him saying it.

To be honest I wish it was true. As I said, I would feel better.

I'm curious about how definite this statement is.

I heard several weeks ago from someone inside the club that Gannon had been for interviews with at least 2, probably 3, clubs down south. Then heard from another source that he JG had been stunned when Gus Poyet was appointed, as he was conviced he had got that job. I didn't mention it at the time as it was told to me in confidence, but that doesn't matter now.

There was also a newspaper report yesterday that Gannon had a habit of disappearing for a day without anyone at the club knowing where he was or being able to contact him.

Now this may or may not be true, but imagine for a moment it is. if you are Jim Gannon, on a forum, speaking publicly, would you say:

(a) Yes, actually, I've been for three interviews already despite not even having been at the club for half-a-season, but am still here because I didn't get any of the jobs;

or (b) no, I've not been for any interviews and feel that I owe John Boyle for giving me this chance at MFC.

Do you honestly think that, as an employee of MFC at the time, he would tell a group of fans or even Tam Cowan on his own that he had been interviewed for other jobs?

So, on that basis, how can you say that he definitely never went for a single interview anywhere? All I've heard one way or the other is hearsay, so if you have a reliable source on this I'd find it interesting.

No more or less definite than your statement.

But as there is no evidence to suggest he did then why is it being purported as fact on here.

When i say that its pish I have to come up with reliable sources whereas when others say its true it is immediately accepted as the real reason for his departure.

I think in pointing out my flawed logic it has highlighted the flawed logic in the arguments of others who blindly accept boyles version of events.

I dont understand why he cant?

If its true then there should be no issue with him saying it.

To be honest I wish it was true. As I said, I would feel better.

He can't becuase like most things in football it's all cloak and dagger stuff. It might be possible that Gannon thought Boyle wouldn'f find out about it, but what I believe is he just didn't care if he found out, didn't care about getting the sack and didnt care about the Club.

I did say in my post that what I had head "may or may not be true" and only asked you to imagine that it was for the sake of argument.

However...

If you were making the statement as fact, then I disagree.

Ifyou were doing it to point out that we shouldn't take anything at the moment as fact until we definitely know one way or the other, then I wholeheartedly agree. There are always going to be stories for and against someone coming out of a situation like this.

Having said that, on the different man-management side of his job, rather than allegations of his comitment or lack of it... there do seem to be a lot of happy people around Fir Park at the moment. I think there were probably a whole host of factors affecting this.

He can't becuase like most things in football it's all cloak and dagger stuff. It might be possible that Gannon thought Boyle wouldn'f find out about it, but what I believe is he just didn't care if he found out, didn't care about getting the sack and didnt care about the Club.

But the clubs statement alludes to the fact that Gannon was the cause of deterioration in relations amongst the club. As a reference it fairly rips into his character. So if they come out and say he was applying for other jobs then from Gannons point of view it would be no better or worse than what has already been said. But if they just come and said it then anything Gannon says would be indefensible.

Went onto jimgannon.co.uk to have a shuftie to see if he has anything to say yet. Sounds like there maybe some legal stuff going on in the background as he has been advised not to respond to fans e-mails yet and will be releasing a statement at some point - look forward to reading that.

From website jimgannon.co.uk

I have today (29/12/2009) received a message from Jim Gannon, thanking all the fans that have emailed through the website. Jim wanted to reply to you on an individual basis, but has been advised not to do so at this present time.

Jim has assured me that, when possible, he will release a statement. Once again thank you for all your kind comments and support.

Peter Wilson

Website Administrator

But the clubs statement alludes to the fact that Gannon was the cause of deterioration in relations amongst the club. As a reference it fairly rips into his character. So if they come out and say he was applying for other jobs then from Gannons point of view it would be no better or worse than what has already been said. But if they just come and said it then anything Gannon says would be indefensible.

any information Boyle received would have been given in confidence. if he had commented in the statement that it was due to applying for other jobs then he would have had to reveal which jobs possibly revealing his source. on the other hand if gannon comes out and denies there was any detereoration of relations with club officials then its easy for boyle to rhyme off some examples.

Sounds like there maybe some legal stuff going on in the background as he has been advised not to respond to fans e-mails yet and will be releasing a statement at some point - look forward to reading that.

I wonder what kind of legal stuff he may be looking into.

If he hasn't signed a contract with the club, and didn't sign the deal that was offered to him, then what claim does he have?

Went onto jimgannon.co.uk to have a shuftie to see if he has anything to say yet. Sounds like there maybe some legal stuff going on in the background as he has been advised not to respond to fans e-mails yet and will be releasing a statement at some point - look forward to reading that.

From website jimgannon.co.uk

I have today (29/12/2009) received a message from Jim Gannon, thanking all the fans that have emailed through the website. Jim wanted to reply to you on an individual basis, but has been advised not to do so at this present time.

Jim has assured me that, when possible, he will release a statement. Once again thank you for all your kind comments and support.

Peter Wilson

Website Administrator

Saw that yesterday. Facts are, John Boyle has released a statement, Gannon hasn't yet.

Add to this the usual 'Inside Info from club sources' 'Ma Da's brothers, sisters, auntie, ect'

Funny how all these leaks to fans, journalists, happen when it suits eh !!

I like to hear both sides of a story, somewhere inbetween, you'll usually find the truth.

I can't see any lawyers getting involved at all.

Gannon's post-match interview is probably still on the BBC website at present and Boyle will have listened to it several times. They happen to have the internet in Australia.....

Look at Ward's statement, posted on another thread. Watch Craig Brown's interview with the BBC yesterday.

This is nothing other than Ferguson vs Le Guen a couple years down the line.

However, I think we have to admire Boyle's decisiveness from the other side of the planet.

Just the way I see things now.

However, time to move on and get it right up them Jambos <_<

SD

Not having signed a contract is a red hearing. You don't need to sign a contract for it to be binding and having continued to work when presented with it he could well be deemed to have accepted it anyway (depends what he said in refusing). Both he and the club have a contract whether they like it or not. As I don't really know any details it's difficult to say much more. It could be that a tribunal will decide the details of the contract. At tribunal he really would only have the option for wrongful dismissal or breach of contract (costs would be minimal). If he takes civil proceedings it could be much more. That said there is suggestion in yesterdays Sun that he resigned first.

What ever happened it's not just about an unsigned contract.