International Player Revealed?

Bobby Russell's lovechild

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno if there's anything up on the BBC website yet but they had a clip of an interview with Broon on Radio Scotland there where he confirmed he was in attempts to bring a player who could potentially play in the World Cup to the club. Seemed to deny he had said it was striker though if I heard it right.

They also played a short clip of an interview with Lasley where he admitted if Gannon had stayed he would have been looking to move on but that he now hoped to impress enough to get his game and stay at the club.

His first choice was a move to Rangers, as he approached them, but he was told he could only join them on a pay-as-you-play deal so he knocked it back. He has options in three different countries - Scotland, Holland (AZ Alkmaar I believe) and another which I genuinely can't remember.

He gets a regular game for Fulham though.

He has only played 31 games in 2 years that is hardly regular. However I do admit when I originally posted that it was only because of Craig Brown's interview where he said he was signing a player who could play at the world cup and in the same interview that he has contacts at Fulham. I did say I was putting 2 + 2 together and coming up with 5. It would be great though if it happened.

Aye, Greece/Cyprus is what I was told.

Confirmed.....

MOORE SECURES GREEK SWITCH Australia defender Craig Moore has signed an 18-month contract with Greek Super League side Kavala to maintain his World Cup aspirations.

The 34-year-old was released from his contract with A-League side Brisbane Roar at the end of last month after a fall-out with coach Ange Postecoglou.

And the former Rangers and Newcastle defender was seeking a loan move to a European side in order to boost his chances of making the Socceroos squad for this year's World Cup.

He had been linked with a move to St Johnstone in Scotland, but has instead opted to join former Australia goalkeeper Zeljko Kalac in Greece.

Kavala are currently seventh in the Greek top flight after only being promoted at the start of the season and also boast two other Australians in youngster Robert Stambolziev, who is on loan from Panathinaikos, and Paul Giannou, who was born in Greece but grew up in Melbourne.

Moore started all four of Australia's matches at the 2006 World Cup finals in Germany and won his 47th cap in Wednesday's Asian Cup qualifier against Kuwait.

I had to wikipedia Michael McGinchey to see who the fuck you were all talking about! I'd never heard of him, but I suppose after only one game for Celtic (at least according to wikipedia anyway!) that's no real surprise. Like the majority of previous posters, can't say that name fills me with any great excitement.

I think your right Melvin with regards that tournament but not 100% sure.

I have however seen him play for the U21s, Malpas may have been in charge at the time, and he struck me as an ineffective and lightweight right winger.

May well have came on a lot since then but I'm sceptical. I very much doubt he is any better than Humphrey.

Were we no linked with him before?