New Manager Required, We're In The Middle Of The Transfer Window Etc Etc

Haggischomper

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not. Apparently he was ona cruise, which explains why he couldn't easily get away and back again.

Might have been mentioned in the Killie thread as I haven't had a chance to go right through that one (if it is, apologies)but on Saturday, Brown mentioned that Boyle was on a cruise and comes back on Monday. Also just heard on Sky Sports News that Brown has "apologised" to Boyle for Motherwell's Scottish Cup exit to "lowere league" Inverness.

So, why no statement now that Boyle is back? All the fans want to hear is a) Brown is the manager till the end of the season b) Brown is now the permanent manager c) we are now accepting applications for the job of Motherwell manager.

A bit of stability in the situation for the fans would be good.

I'm still unsure why we don't have a full picture of what is happening........especially in the wake of last night.

Might have been mentioned in the Killie thread as I haven't had a chance to go right through that one (if it is, apologies)but on Saturday, Brown mentioned that Boyle was on a cruise and comes back on Monday.

IN the interview I heard, Brown didn't seem 100% sure that JB was due back today, so he may not be. (If I'd just flown back from NZ at the weekend, I certainly wouldn't be going into work on the Monday!)

Also just heard on Sky Sports News that Brown has "apologised" to Boyle for Motherwell's Scottish Cup exit to "lowere league" Inverness.

Yep, it's on the fishel site: http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?op...&Itemid=132

IN the interview I heard, Brown didn't seem 100% sure that JB was due back today, so he may not be. (If I'd just flown back from NZ at the weekend, I certainly wouldn't be going into work on the Monday!)

Yep, it's on the fishel site: http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?op...&Itemid=132

I think he needs to get into FP asap and make some kind of decision. As soon as possible. Maybe the decision has been made behind closed doors but why we don't know I haven't a clue.

He was at the game last night .

Him and Leanne Dempster met WellAyrshire on the train at Perth and confirmed to him that they were talking to Craig Brown's agent and he will be here at least until the end of the season.

Caretaker Motherwell boss Craig Brown says he hopes to meet with club chairman John Boyle by the end of the week to discuss his future.

Brown arrived at Fir Park along with assistant Archie Knox following the departure of Jim Gannon in December. They were unable to avoid defeat in their first match against Hearts but recorded a 3-0 win over Kilmarnock in their second match before suffering a 2-0 Scottish Cup defeat at Inverness on Monday.

It is felt that Brown has boosted spirits at the mid-table club despite the mixed results, but it has not been made clear whether he has a long-term future and he wants to resolve the uncertainty as soon as possible.

"I have been asked by one or two media people, 'I hear you are here until the end of the season'," he said in the Daily Record. "Well, we haven't had a meeting.

"We are going to sit down with him in the next couple of days - he has said that. He did indicate that he wants to have a bite to eat with us and a chat. We'll get his feelings and he'll take our feelings on board and, as a result of that, there may be some short-term decision, if not long-term decision.

"He just needs to come in and see us or pick up the phone and have a chat, but he has business matters to deal with. I would have thought, if he is going to sack us, he would have come in to sack us."

Craig must have his phone off.

if this is an accurate reflection of Craig Brown's situation as of today - it's completely unacceptable

A further update from the Beeb.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ell/8472338.stm

Craig Brown expects to find out within the next 24 hours whether he has a long-term future at Motherwell.

The 69-year-old current caretaker boss will hold talks with chairman John Boyle, who has returned from holiday.

Brown and assistant Archie Knox were appointed on an interim basis following Jim Gannon's dismissal last month.

"I'll be speaking to John tonight or tomorrow and maybe something will emerge from that chat but we're not pushing him," Brown told BBC Scotland.

Well suffered disappointment in midweek when they lost 2-0 away to Inverness in the Scottish Cup.

However, Brown said he and Knox were planning for their first game in charge at Fir Park - Saturday's league visit of St Mirren.

And, with the transfer window to close at the end of the month, Brown still hopes to bolster his squad.

"Well, to be fair, we've been told to carry on as if you were in the job and within the financial constraints that exist within every club," Brown added.

"So, we're doing that and are on the phone constantly. Agents have been phoning us constantly and we've got a lad on trial at the moment and we'll take a look at him in training.

Motherwell aim to retain John Ruddy (left) and Lukas Jutkiewicz

"It's not the best environment in which to judge, so we're frustrated from that point of view.

"But we've got a couple of irons in the fire and trying to get a loan deal and maybe a signing."

However, Brown said he was confident the current squad at Fir Park was good enough to retain a place in the top six.

The interim boss also revealed that chairman John Boyle would decide whether Well's Scottish Cup exit would impact on hopes to keep Everton loan pair John Ruddy and Lukas Jutkiewicz beyond January.

"If exit from the cup means these guys have got to go back to Everton then that will be a major disappointment," Brown added.

MY SPORT: DEBATE

Give your reaction to this story

"They both like it here and want to stay. As long as Everton manager Davie Moyes has a fully-fit squad, particularly the goalkeeping situation, it'll mean that he can leave the players here."

Brown said he was delighted with the Motherwell players since he succeeded Gannon.

"They deserve to succeed because the application has been absolutely first-class; anything they've been asked to do in training they do," said Brown.

"When we arrived, Motherwell were bottom of the form league, so we've got to get up this form league with some victories.

"We've got St Mirren, Falkirk and Aberdeen and these three fixtures are very important and we hope to get something."

I think the reaction from the fans regarding yet another pathetic exit from the cup has been very understated, but if it comes to pass that we are unable to retain Ruddy and Jutckiewicz till the end of the season because of this then the dummy will be well and truly spat!

I think the reaction from the fans regarding yet another pathetic exit from the cup has been very understated, but if it comes to pass that we are unable to retain Ruddy and Jutckiewicz till the end of the season because of this then the dummy will be well and truly spat!

Was it really that pathetic? I mean are we any better than ICT? I have said it before most of the teams in the first division could easily hold their own in the SPL - christ I would make Dundee favourites to get third place!

Just becuase we are one league up doesn't make us some billy big baws!

Where is John Boyle?

Time is marching on now and the chairman is nowhere to be seen. For all the good work he has done the past few seasons I've been disappointed he hasn't cut short his (rather long) holiday and steadied the rudder of the Good Ship Motherwell. We're a wee bit adrift and directionless right now and, at a hectic and important time like this, I must admit to being a bit scunnered he's not here to provide some direction.

He can always resume his holiday later, after all.

Nae Fans, Low attendances, Club needs more funds etc etc.

Where are our fans?

oh they are in chicago.

For al the games they've gone to in the past I'm dissapointed they haven't cut short their (very very long) time away.

With finances very very short we need as many people to attend games as possible in hectic skint times like this, I'm dissapointed our fans aren't here to give their cash up but choose to bleet about over the net.

they could always go to chicago in the summer when there is nae fitba

Of course we have no divine right to beat anyone, even a team from a division below us, and anyone that thought that perviously surely doesn't anymore. But I'd say going out the Scottish Cup to entirely beatable opposition for the 6th year running with not so much as a whimper is pretty fucking pathetic. And an embarrassing trend that shows no sign of halting.

Still surprised at no official decision being made yet. I was under the impression it had been but was being kept quiet. If so Brown is lying and I doubt he is. Perhaps Boyle is heging his bets and is frantically trying to find another manager and keep under this under the radar. Or perhaps he just isn't as interested anymore. According to Brown he expects to speak to Boyle in next day or so. I'm sure a decision, along with whether we play Accies on Feb 6th, will be made ASAP :ph34r: