For Those Who Knew Elky

fatcalf

Not sure where to put this so Club Chat for maximum exposure for now. If Mods want to move it feel free.

On Friday coming at 11am there will be a short service to spread Elky's ashes at Fir Park, anyone who wishes to attend is more than welcome. His immediate family are coming down to give anyone from this neck of the woods the chance to say their goodbyes in case they didn't make it up North for his funeral.

Not sure if there's a dress code for this kind of thing, haven't been to one before being totally honest but all those wishing to attend are invited to gather at the Chapman Building from 10.45 onwards.

One of the hardest things I've done that, almost broke down a couple of times when I looked at his daughter. A wee goal in the Cooper end for him tomorrow please, he'll be watching.

Sorry to quote masel but had a wee glance over when our goals went in, sure he was watching with a big cheesy grin and a GIRUY. His Mum and bro were sitting just down from me, tears streaming down her face when we scored. Hope she (and the rest of the family obviously) can take a bit of comfort from this weekend.

Sorry to quote masel but had a wee glance over when our goals went in, sure he was watching with a big cheesy grin and a GIRUY. His Mum and bro were sitting just down from me, tears streaming down her face when we scored. Hope she (and the rest of the family obviously) can take a bit of comfort from this weekend.

<_<

Must have been very difficult for them.

Is there any chance of getting a wee fund set up for his family?

That's a nice gesture.

Thanks go out out to all who made our bearevement tht little bit easier. He would be so proud knowing his ashes are at his scond home, his love of the well was second to none and he is home at fir park resting and now getting in free to all home matches. The result on saturday made it all that sweeter and poignant. On yersel big elky that was for you. A massive massive thank you to Matt J who went out his way to help the family in everyway he could. A real rare and sound guy. Thak you Matt you've been a true gentleman and words cant describe your help, time and energy. My bro will be watching over you from now on so watch what your doing when you're on your own in bed, toilet etc. ha ha. Serious now thanks again to all on this forum it meant and means a lot that people cared for him. So all Ive left to say is MON THE WELL! UP THE DOSSERS! His wee bro (but the best fighter) HA HA. LOVE N CHERISHED MEMORIES. Andy G. X