Our Record

maxywell

How far back does that go? The most recent televised wins I can think of were Skippy Sunday and against Aberdeen in the League Cup when Kerr scored.

I'm assuming BBC Alba doesn't count...

A point I was going to make. Think we have a good record on this channel. What is our ESPN record? Is this our first match on the channel?

I'm not sure. Our Setanta record was awful - one win (Skippy Sunday) in god knows how many games. The game Kerr scored was on BBC I think, but I also think the Nancy games were aswell so maybe 1 in 3 on there for us. We used to do pretty well on Sky when Ged Brannan used to pull his finger out when the cameras turned up but no idea of figures. Also can't mind us being on ESPN before to be honest.

For anyone with a freeview box (maybe even a sky or virgin box not 100% sure if it'll work on that) and isn't subscribe to ESPN, i got a message on my freeview+ box saying that from 2pm on friday til 4am on monday ESPN will be available to watch for free :lol:

so if anyone cant make the game and hasn't subsribed ESPN, then you'll defs be able to watch it on your freeview box, channel 34 :lol:

mon the 'well :angry:

I'm glad this thread was started as I had completely forgot that Saturday's game was live on telly. Had I not read this, I'd be turning up at about quarter to three at FP on Saturday. Of course, after the game I might not be so thankful for the reminder...

Me too!!!

This is absolutely ridiculous putting this live on the telly!.

This is absolutely ridiculous putting this live on the telly!.

Completely agree. They need to have a re-think about what games they actually put to air. I can't remember the last time I was a t a well / St Mirren match and thought - "It's a shame this isn't being aired live to the planet"

Only saving grace though is there will be less folk tuning in to see it than there will be in the ground. To see a game of football played with less atmospere than there is on the moon.

Completely agree. They need to have a re-think about what games they actually put to air. I can't remember the last time I was a t a well / St Mirren match and thought - "It's a shame this isn't being aired live to the planet"

Only saving grace though is there will be less folk tuning in to see it than there will be in the ground. To see a game of football played with less atmospere than there is on the moon.

By recent standards the 3-3 draw earlier in the season was a belter.

Its a free weekend on ESPN so all platforms can watch for nothing.

That should mean attendance of about 3000! :(

In circumstances like this the club should be looking to drop £5/£7 of the entrance price to try and get people through theturnstyles. I expect St Mirren will bring a very low away support and it wouldn't surprise me if it is just the Motherwell season ticket holders in attendance as well.

EDIT: For the record I DESPISE these 1230 kilck offs as well. Hopeless.

Someone posted the list last year but the last win on live TV was the BBC game when Brian Kerr scored that screamer into Aberdeen.

How many games have taken place on Setanta / Sky since then I think is in the late 20's!

That's not counting S4C (or whatever it was called) for the Llanelli game...

Someone posted the list last year but the last win on live TV was the BBC game when Brian Kerr scored that screamer into Aberdeen.

How many games have taken place on Setanta / Sky since then I think is in the late 20's!

That's not counting S4C (or whatever it was called) for the Llanelli game...

That's an abysmal record nearly a full league season <_< albeit most of them would of been against Rangers or Celtic. I don't know if we'll win on Saturday either, hate playing against St Mirren.