• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would personally play:

Ruddy

Saunders Craigan Reynolds Hammell

Humphrey Coke Hateley O'Brien

Jutkiewicz Murphy

Subs: Fraser, Jennings, Sutton, Lasley, Slane, Hutchinson, McHugh.

And my prediction is that it will be a slow start to the game before St. Mirren score an opener against the run of play in about the 35th minute, we will then spend the next 40 mins in their half but not creating many if any chances before they will score the second to seal it around the 75 minute mark. Sorry for the negativity, but that's the way I see it happening.

We will win on Saturday 2-1 or 3-2.

It would be refreshing to see a decent gate for the 1st home game in ages BUT with free ESPN I suspect we will be extremely lucky to see 3500. I also predict a very low St Mirren crowd 2-300 at most.

Disappointing to see season ticket holders talking about watching the game in the house. This is a critical time in the season for us. We have winnable league games coming up and a wee run now would put us in a strong position for the top 6. Get behind the team......

With the Free ESPN deal this weekend (I bought it anyway to get the Rangers game in the house too) I am a bit bemused as to why the club isn't doing EVERYTHING they can to get arses on seats. Like you say, regulars like myself and ST holders perhaps with travel expenses to take care of will be giving it a miss and the place is going to look very deserted.

This doesn't look good and although I'm part of the problem for opting for ESPN I siply can;t justify £18 on the gate plus £10+ on petrol for a game that I can watch in my living room in my fecking under crackers. Many will feel the same and you can't blame them. This could lead to a crowd of sub 3000. Solution?

How about free schools tickets? - literally deliver hundreds of wee vouchers or something to every school in a 15 Mile radius. Perhaps accompanying adults in for a tenner.

This is THE game we should be doing this. There will be practically ZERO cash income on the gate so WHY NOT??

OK, so it won't bring much cash in but the seat is lying there EMPTY anyway. It could put a thousand or so punters in front of the cameras and if even one wee kid persuades his dad to bring him back surely it is worth it.

Perhaps this is happening but I haven't heard anything

We acepted the booty for live TV so we have to put up with the inevitable shite crowd that comes with the package. Can't really argue with some valid reasons, mostly financial.

No chance I'l be in the hoose though, East Stand as usual, no doubt see you all there cos be difficult tae miss ye :D

Disappointing to see season ticket holders talking about watching the game in the house. This is a critical time in the season for us. We have winnable league games coming up and a wee run now would put us in a strong position for the top 6. Get behind the team......

If you're talking about me, the initial rage has died down from Monday and I shall be there as usual!

If you're talking about me, the initial rage has died down from Monday and I shall be there as usual!

Actually I could not remember who it was - just remember reading it somewhere. Fact is I have no beef with anyone who wants to save a few shillings at this time of year if transport is involved etc. But if you are a season ticket holder and live in Motherwell then yeah I don't see an excuse not to along and support the team.

Living in Edinburgh the urge should be greater for me to stay at home - but I would never miss a home game, unless I am on holiday/at a wedding/ funeral etc. I am not starting this I am a better fan rubbish - I am not and that is not my point. I just feel if me + my chums can come through from Edi every other weekend then so should those who are a little more local :D

I suspect 99% will anyway - but Fatcalf's point is valid. We take the money so can have little complaint. I guess this weekend is slightly different as ESPN is free for all. That will shave at least 750-1000 of the gate. 3000-3500 is my guess.

You might look at the stats and say "St. Mirren haven't scored more than once in a league match since October so if we score we won't lose" but of course that last time St. Mirren scored more than once was against us!

Another stat though is that the Buddies have lost their last five away matches in the league, in fact their away record is pretty dire they have only won twice away from home against the two bottom sides (Falkirk and Kilmarnock) and lost the rest.

So no excuses on Saturday its a game we should be winning, so I'll go for a 1-0 win.

Last five at Fir Park doesn't make great reading though.

Lost 0-2

Won 2-1

Draw 1-1

Lost 2-3

Draw 0-0

Not expecting much from the match tomorrow after they outplayed us in both the matches in October so i would settle for a draw.

-----------------Ruddy--------------------

Hateley-----Craigan-------reynolds----Hammell

Humphrey----Coke------Forbes--------O'Brien

-----------Murphy--------------------------

------------------------Jutkiewicz------------

You might look at the stats and say "St. Mirren haven't scored more than once in a league match since October so if we score we won't lose" but of course that last time St. Mirren scored more than once was against us!

Another stat though is that the Buddies have lost their last five away matches in the league, in fact their away record is pretty dire they have only won twice away from home against the two bottom sides (Falkirk and Kilmarnock) and lost the rest.

So no excuses on Saturday its a game we should be winning, so I'll go for a 1-0 win.

Last five at Fir Park doesn't make great reading though.

Lost 0-2

Won 2-1

Draw 1-1

Lost 2-3

Draw 0-0

You're worse than MJC - you provide stats to back up your prophesies of doom! :P;)

In all seriousness though when considering the outcomes of games I try (though often fail) to distance myself from the kind of thinking you've posted. You can tie yourself in knots if you start delving too much into the stats.

Perception is that we just always bomb against St Mirren but there once was a time not so long ago that we cleansweeped them one season and they went about 3 seasons without beating us.

Illustrates that eventually things can change and who knows that reverse could start tomorrow.

Narrow win for the Steelmen!