Ticket Prices

MilkyJism

This.

Football is ridiculously too expensive. The high ticket prices do put off a number of people, including me, from going to Fir Park.

However, that's only part of the problem. The product (the game being played and the environment in which it's played) is diabolically poor. Watching that first half, all I could think was how lucky I was that I hadn't paid money to be there - and I would've felt like that whether the ticket price was £2 or £25.

For £10, I can go to a cinema, sit in a comfy seat, and be entertained for a couple of hours.

For £20, I can sit in a stadium that's falling apart, freeze my tits off and sit through a turgid 45 minutes of 'football'.

I know that many people will say I'm not really a fan, and that if I feel like that then I should piss off and support the Old Firm. Fair enough. But I'm the type of fan that the club needs to be attracting on a more regular basis, because like it or not, another 4,000 hardcore loyal supporters are not suddenly going to appear any time soon.

who agrees ??

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true, but it's always been the case. There has always been an alternative to football, although not quite so many as we have today. 1st time I paid into FP it was 15p at the boys gate. That 15p would almost have got me into see Grand Prix at the Rex cinema or the bus to Wishaw baths and back, but nothing was like watching the 'Well.

Into the 70's I grew addicted, from sitting in the Main Stand with my father to giving it laldy in the Shed. I was fortunate and had the money to feed my addiction. Playing rugby got in the way, and now living 200 miles away it's virtually impossible to justify.

No doubt football is too expensive, (£4 to get into Nancy), but I don't think there is an answer out there.

Seeing as games where there are cheap ticket prices bring little or no more supporters then I think we're going to have these prices for the forseeable.

yeah i agree but these are all wee diddy games nd one offs and lets face it isnt much of a discount most of the time

i believe if they were to become permantly 5 quid for u17s nd 10 quid for adults more folk would show an interest and come to the game

this may cause a stir but lets face it its absolut daylight robbery and i dont see why we THE FANS put up with it

yeah i agree but these are all wee diddy games nd one offs and lets face it isnt much of a discount most of the time

i believe if they were to become permantly 5 quid for u17s nd 10 quid for adults more folk would show an interest and come to the game

this may cause a stir but lets face it its absolut daylight robbery and i dont see why we THE FANS put up with it

the club isn't in any position to give up loads of their match day income and past initiatives have shown that lower prices don't increase gates enough to make up for it.

the fans should pay because we're the reason the club exists. if money doesn't come from the fans where exactly should it come from?

i just feel if we dont that and halfed our gate prices and season price the ammount of folk coming would increase, meaning increased sales in merchandise meaning more money from sponsors = money for more players which would complete a nice loop making even more people come to games

i just feel if we dont that and halfed our gate prices and season price the ammount of folk coming would increase, meaning increased sales in merchandise meaning more money from sponsors = money for more players which would complete a nice loop making even more people come to games

That is absolute nonsense.

Why would "sponsors" give us more money? Do you really think that even if we added an extra 500 to our gate it would make any difference at all?

The only idea like this that ive ever thought was decent was when Bradford ( i think?) said that if they could get X amount of people pledging to take season tickets they would drop the price dramatically. Now i cant remember what the exact price was but it worked out at the same amount of revenue for them as the previous season with the lower amount of ticket holders. Only problem with that up here is that i doubt we'd get the numbers for it.

the club isn't in any position to give up loads of their match day income and past initiatives have shown that lower prices don't increase gates enough to make up for it.

Maybe these initiatives should last longer than the odd match here & there?

If games were cheaper to get in to, the amount of people going would rise.

The problem is only doing these discounted games every now & then, and not really advertising it.

How long do they do this for though?

It's crazy to lower prices for one game and expect instant results.

exactly we have to stand up and say enough is enough folks, now is the time to do it

if the club thinks for one minute it is gonna loss ticket sale revenue at this point in time it gives them time to lower it before the start of next season

NOW IS THE TIME

call me crazy or daft but one person can change it, that one person is you if you stand up and say am not paying scandalous prices.. we all can sort this

exactly we have to stand up and say enough is enough folks, now is the time to do it

if the club thinks for one minute it is gonna loss ticket sale revenue at this point in time it gives them time to lower it before the start of next season

NOW IS THE TIME

call me crazy or daft but one person can change it, that one person is you if you stand up and say am not paying scandalous prices.. we all can sort this

Either that or noone goes and as a company there is no revenue. They charge us high prices because they know we will buy the product.

mate maybe am both but lets face it, we're gettin the pish ripped out us

payin price like that, at the moment am only gettin into ticket prices but theres other stuff too

I eagerly await your next topic. How would the club make more money if the prices were dropped? You cant just make daft claims if you arent going to back it up.