Ticket Prices

MilkyJism

No matter what anyone suggests on this forum it is constantly hit back with negativity.
It's not negativity, it's the unfortunate reality of the situation. The guys that run football clubs are usually pretty successful businessmen. If there was a sustainable way to reduce prices, they would likely have worked it out by now.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuned in to Clyde yesterday (by accident) and heard a discussion about the Falkirk/ Kilmarnock midweek game which attracted Falkirk's biggest crowd of the season, including OF games, and tickets were £10.

I know this was virtually a relegation decider and Eddie May's farewell but it does show that there is an audience at the right price.

Whilst I fully understand the economic argument over the full season, I feel that there must be a financial incentive offered for less attractive games. Premium games at premium prices and reduced rates for other games could be a way forward. If a total budget is agreed at the start of the season then anticipated income could be set using a formula per game instead of waiting to see who turns up at ridiculously high rates.

Look at Hamilton yesterday. I agree their own fans never seem to turn out but our incentive the week before seemed to work and should have been repeated to test the water further.

Anyway even fat boy DJ seemed to think something would have to be done on pricing so maybe the message is getting through?

It's not negativity, it's the unfortunate reality of the situation. The guys that run football clubs are usually pretty successful businessmen. If there was a sustainable way to reduce prices, they would likely have worked it out by now.

Why is it that so many of these successful businessmen turn into amateurs when they take over a club,there was 3 english clubs amost wound up last week and crystal palace went into administration a few weeks back and there owner(simon jordan i think)was one of britains most successful young entrepreneurs.The whole of british football looks ready to come crashing down

That raised a chuckle. ;) .