Faddy

Gaag

I was just wondering the other day about how highly we, as a club, are held in regard by Mr. McFadden himself. Does anyone know?

I've always been hopeful that one day (barring injuries) the prodigal son would return to finish his career at Motherwell, when he's at the end of his footballing life, a la Larsson at Helsingborgs. Does anyone think that this is even remotely possible, or am I just a victim of wishful thinking?

It may be wishful thinking. Part of me would love him to come back but then what if his comeback mirrors that of Brian McClair.

Having said that Motherwell are no strangers to former players coming back to the club. If he came back and showed even a glimpse of what he did when he was here first time round I am for it.

Only time will tell I suppose.

I would welcome Faddy back at the end of his career with open arms, as long as his performances were decent enough so as not to ruin our memories of him. If that were the case than I'd rather he didn't return.

However, Fir Park seems to be his spiritual home and I feel sure he'd burst a gut to finish on a high, so roll on the summer of 2016!!

I would welcome Faddy back at the end of his career with open arms, as long as his performances were decent enough so as not to ruin our memories of him. If that were the case than I'd rather he didn't return.

However, Fir Park seems to be his spiritual home and I feel sure he'd burst a gut to finish on a high, so roll on the summer of 2016!!

If we are still playing at Fir Park ;)

Our current team has Lasley, Hammell and Craigan who have all been away and come back, so there must be something in it, not to mention Uncle Phil to complete a wee list of folk who have come back and done well. However, McClair was just here for the signing-on fee and I think Faddy is above that. Welcome back anytime as far as I'm concerned.

Our current team has Lasley, Hammell and Craigan who have all been away and come back, so there must be something in it, not to mention Uncle Phil to complete a wee list of folk who have come back and done well. However, McClair was just here for the signing-on fee and I think Faddy is above that. Welcome back anytime as far as I'm concerned.

Another two who returned to us were George Burley and Gregor Stevens. Any more?

Another two who returned to us were George Burley and Gregor Stevens. Any more?

Fraser Wishart.

(Vaguely interesting aside: according to Wikipedia, he scored 5 league goals in his first stint with us, but never scored any more until after he'd left us for the second time eight years later to join Clydebank.)

A true genius on the ball, great performer during our troubled years. Loved watching him play and still follow his progress. Would love to see him back in any capacity player or coach, but if he looks after himself and could come back as a player for a few seasons as he'll have made his money down south and would play for the club. We can dream on.

Ohh aye, think we will have moved to Ravenscraig by then

If he is still playing to a decent standard at 33, then he'd be mad to come back and play for us when he could be earning top dollar in England. A footballer's career is far too short to be sentimental.

He'll maybe come back in search of first team football to cement his place in the Scotland World Cup Squad 2018.

On a serious note, I'm no sure if I'd want him back. He provided us more than enough fond memories to last us a lifetime.

He'll maybe come back in search of first team football to cement his place in the Scotland World Cup Squad 2018.

On a serious note, I'm no sure if I'd want him back. He provided us more than enough fond memories to last us a lifetime.

That's the other danger. For fans who had never seen Brian McLair the first time around, they must have wondered what the hell was going on.

That's the other danger. For fans who had never seen Brian McLair the first time around, they must have wondered what the hell was going on.

Like myself. Fortunately enough I was told often about how good McClair was but I can imagine others watching him with a look like :mellow:

I'd absolutely love Faddy to come back, even just for a few appearances in the C&A.