If The Money Was Made Available To Sign Ruddy Or The Duke, Who Would You Want? And Why?

jonnymfc

If the money was made available to sign Ruddy or The Duke, who would you want? and Why?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. If we could get the money together to sign Ruddy or The Duke

• I would prefer Ruddy
    • I would prefer The Duke

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pivotal position in every team is the goalkeeper. No other individual can win or lose a team so many points. Success needs to be built from a solid base, for no matter how much attacking talent a team has, you will always struggle if conceding silly goals. If Ruddy is that good and can be signed, get him.

The pivotal position in every team is the goalkeeper. No other individual can win or lose a team so many points. Success needs to be built from a solid base, for no matter how much attacking talent a team has, you will always struggle if conceding silly goals. If Ruddy is that good and can be signed, get him.

Not true. See Mark McGhee's first season at Motherwell.

Who do you think is better than him? Not trying to be cheeky, genuine question.

McGregor, Alexander and Zaluska. Still have no idea how Boruc is ahead of him at Celtic.

Maybe even at a push I'd also throw in Thomas Cerny as a par with Ruddy.

I know this post will get shot down but even though Ruddy is the best keeper I've seen play for us, on a par with Buzz's first six months, He still concedes silly goals at times. Thats gonna happen no matter how good your 'keeper is at any level.

The Juke. Fraser can play at SPL level no bother and it would be much harder to replace Lukas.

Perhaps. Fraser yet to convince me in a Motherwell strip and I would love to at least see what the young Pole (don't get me on the spelling) has to offer.

On your argument, Robbie Keene would have been a good signing for Liverpool. I'm unaware this occurred.

From what I've seen of Fraser this season (two games against Llanelli and one against Hamilton), he has been shocking. Whereas I consider Ruddy to have earned us vital points with his saves.

Each to his/her own, though.

SD

Perhaps. Fraser yet to convince me in a Motherwell strip and I would love to at least see what the young Pole (don't get me on the spelling) has to offer.

On your argument, Robbie Keene would have been a good signing for Liverpool. I'm unaware this occurred.

From what I've seen of Fraser this season (two games against Llanelli and one against Hamilton), he has been shocking. Whereas I consider Ruddy to have earned us vital points with his saves.

Each to his/her own, though.

SD

I don't see the comparison of Keane?

And Fraser had nothing to do in the Hamilton game bar pick the ball out of his net twice through no fault of his own. And can only remember one mistake in the game in Airdrie against Llanelli.

I don't see the comparison of Keane?

And Fraser had nothing to do in the Hamilton game bar pick the ball out of his net twice through no fault of his own. And can only remember one mistake in the game in Airdrie against Llanelli.

Fine. I don't watch football and judge "mistakes". I'd rather see a bigger picture. 

If I were to choose between a goalkeeper who instills confidence over his defence across 90/120 mins yet may have the tendency to make the odd mistake over one who is perpetually nervous, my decision is an easy one.

On the evidence of a few games, Fraser appears to be in the Motherwell stereotype of being poor at crosses and commanding his box. [Albeit a good shot-stopper]. I can't accuse Ruddy of that.

We're not Dr Who, cannot change things, and have different views and opinions. Who knows how Motherwell would have fared had Fraser played most of this season? Irrelevant today.

If Ruddy gets injured tomorrow I will near guarantee that the ratios of clean sheets to games will substantially change for the worse.

All speculation, I know. 

Keane- my point was Fraser had a reputation ex Inverness that (IMO) hasn't been replicated at Mothwerwell. Keane had a reputation at Tottenham that wasn't realised at Liverpool. Just because a player plays in the same league doesn't guarantee success at a new club. This reads as being patronising though it is not intended.

SD

£20M+ transfer of a world class player and a free transfer from ICT? :evilgrin:

Fraser hasn't had a chance, because Ruddy is better and that's fair enough. But I'm sure Fraser, given the chance, will be a great keeper. Because of that he is easier to replace.

The Juke isn't, he is going to be some player and we just don't have anyone who is as good as him just now, and after he leaves, we probably wont again for some time.

You dont need eyes like overcoat buttons to see some of the saves Ruddy has made this year, which have won us many a point we shouldnt of had. Defence has improved on last years showing, just shows how confidence builds when you have a solid keeper between the sticks.

I'd sign Ruddy as I think he'd earn us more points over the season, plus we'd probably make more money when selling him on. In addition, he gives tremendous confidence to the back four as he is reliable, unlike previous keepers. In saying that, if Lukas bangs in another 10 goals between now and the end of the season, I may have changed my mind!! :blush:

Great news though that they are both here until the end of the season so let's hope that both remain fit for the remaining games.

As Haggis said, we've always been able to unearth decent strikers, but it's been a while since we've had a goalie everyone's agreed on. Well, a good one anyway. We've also produced a few strikers of our own, whereas we don't seem to do that with goalies.

I think keeping hold of Ruddy would be worth it in the form of significantly less corner kick related heart attacks.

Keeping both would be nice though.

You dont need eyes like overcoat buttons to see some of the saves Ruddy has made this year, which have won us many a point we shouldnt of had. Defence has improved on last years showing, just shows how confidence builds when you have a solid keeper between the sticks.

The saves? No offence but he hasn't made any saves that say to me he is a greater shot stopper than Buzz was.

There is no question that he is far better at commanding his box than Buzz was though, and that breeds the confidence in his defense. If there's any ball comes into the box between the line and about 10 yards, Ruddy is all over it.

The saves? No offence but he hasn't made any saves that say to me he is a greater shot stopper than Buzz was.

Up until this year, it was a close run thing between Marsh and big Sieb for the best 'Well keeper I'd ever seen!

Ruddy, in my opinion, beats both by some distance and he's destined for big, big things...

Shot stopping, installing confidence in your defence, commanding the area.. A step above buzz in every department and i'd agree with flow, the best keeper to be between the sticks in a long while.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Motherwell striker Lukas Jutkiewicz is unsure of his future at parent club Everton.

Jutkiewicz has impressed during his time at Fir Park. A big, powerful striker he certainly looks to have a future at a high level.

Davie Moyes might take him back to Everton next season but the youngster is waiting for clarification.

He told the Daily Record: "Those discussions will be for a later date. I have another year on my contract at Goodison so as far as I'm aware I will go back for pre-season at Everton. But it can all change at any point.

"I've said from the word go I'm happy at Motherwell. And if there was an agreement between the two clubs that would allow me to stay then that would be great.

"I feel I've improved here. Just playing games will improve you naturally.

"I feel a lot more confident and game-ready."