If The Money Was Made Available To Sign Ruddy Or The Duke, Who Would You Want? And Why?

jonnymfc

If the money was made available to sign Ruddy or The Duke, who would you want? and Why?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. If we could get the money together to sign Ruddy or The Duke

• I would prefer Ruddy
    • I would prefer The Duke

Definitely Ruddy. The only team we've beaten with Fraser in goals was Llaneli (albeit after a very bad first leg). The team looks far more assured as a unit with Ruddy in, and the defence seem unnerved with Fraser in. Jutkiewicz has been fantastic and I would obviously be over the moon to keep him but Sutton and Murphy seem to be developing a good partnership when they play together.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely Ruddy. The only team we've beaten with Fraser in goals was Llaneli (albeit after a very bad first leg).

We also beat Flamurtari 8-1 with Fraser in goal.

The last two games have settled the argument for me. Definitely Ruddy. We have scored goals when Lukas was out but haven't stopped them goin in without Ruddy!

Considering Lukas has been playing with one fully functioning leg for those two games. In fact he was introduced at Perth the other month (again far from fit) and the 15mins that he was on the park, he completely changed the game - gave us a threat and subsequently was responsible for the shot that Sutton put in. And the past two games, at Parkhead held the ball up extremely well, and won numerous free kicks until he was completely fucked that he could no longer move. And, on Sunday he was fit enough just to win headers and be a body in the way - he could barely swing a leg at the ball. Unfair to judge Lukas on those two performances.

Although, no doubting Ruddy is the far more required signing (if we had the most remote chance of either)..

Stats can just about prove anything, I am aware of this, but another way of looking at it is the only times Fraser hasn't conceeded a goal in a game was in Wales (when they didn't really venture into our half) and the second half against Falkirk. So that is Llanelli at 'home', Flamurtari 'home', and away, Accies away, Celtic away and now Dun Utd at home, all games where he conceeded at least one goal. Played 8 W 2 L 5 D 1 A 10.

Admittedly, that isn't all Fraser's fault and leaking goals are as much the defence's fault as his own. However, he has looked really shaky in these games and imo the 8 games he has played for us has shown everybody with a clear head he isn't good enough.

If only Ruddy could stay for another season.