January Transfer Window

TAM

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JohnnyDefault

I think we need to bring in a captain - because it's obvious there isn't one at the club at the moment.

Also......I said it on another thread - i think the guys who are holding out for a move from Fir park should be hunted in the window.

McCormack was a key player for us first half last season - but when his head got full of the transfer stuff - he hardly kicked a ball.

last year the consequences were potentially missing out on Europe but overall things ended up positive.

This year with two or three of 'em in that boat, and our current predicament carrying passengers is something we can ill afford. it's time for getting the sleeves rolled up and You're either in or you're out.

The clubs survival in the SPL comes before transfer options / posturing of Hughes, Smith, porter et al.

The talk at Fir Park this morning should be sorting out who wants to hang around and sort this out and who wants to try their luck elsewhere and I guess the manager needs to include himself in that.

When we're going well its great that we're a 'stepping stone' club for these guys. When things get a bit squeaky - it's a luxury we just cant stomach.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_4650159,00.html

My memory isn't great but was he any good at Falkirk and would he be worth a shot??

I remember when Falkirk gubbed us at Fir Park this time last year and he looked a class act that day. Not sure what he's like on a consistent basis though as i don't think think i'd ever actually heard of him before that.

Back to G.Smith

I wouldn't blame him if he wants out, The stick he still gets is out of order imo.

I know he's been known to be a liability but to be honest he's hardly put a foot wrong this season.

Burke wouldn't take the pay cut i don't think, but i would take liam miller.

Guest JohnnyDefault
I have to agree with that - the abuse from behind him at the Hibs game in particular was disgusting.

As I said elsewhere, do these guys doing the abusing actually think they are helping when they tell Buzz that he's shite just before he takes a goal kick?

They only come to the games because thay canny slap the wife and weans about any more because of all these terrible telly ads - i'm convinced of it.

Smith, Reynolds (07/08), Clarkson (06/07), O'Brien and of course Fitzpatrick particularly are all just substitute brats fro them to clatter about the napper.

Away and fling sheight at yersels - ya bunch of cavemen

Guest JohnnyDefault
You missed out Bob Malcolm ;)

Nah! He's Shite ;)

Yer right - Boab gets it tight - so does Porter these days and Shug - I just tried to highlight the usual suspects.

One of the funniest examples was against Rangers I think - fitzy made a great run to the edge of the 18yarder and I think it was Shug floated one over the defence and over Fitzy's shoulder. Fitzy continued to run forward whilst watching the ball come over his head and land in front of him. As it came down he put his foot out to control it while still breaking into the box and it took a bad bounce off his toe. If it had come off it would have been astounding - brazilesque! even. - Some fud beside me shouted that he was "crap" - "plenty of willing - nae skill"

Away hame ya codger!

They only come to the games because thay canny slap the wife and weans about any more because of all these terrible telly ads - i'm convinced of it.

Smith, Reynolds (07/08), Clarkson (06/07), O'Brien and of course Fitzpatrick particularly are all just substitute brats fro them to clatter about the napper.

Away and fling sheight at yersels - ya bunch of cavemen

I completely agree, when will some folk realise that support helps and abuse can have a negative impact on the WHOLE TEAM!

Agree with some of the sentiments...

however for me the players also have a massive part to play if the showed fight, heart, pride, passion then the fans would back them, sadly all of these have been missing from our team on too consisitent a basis recently

you have to remember that these guys are well paid professional footballers and have to learn to take criticism. they are not a youth team that need encouragement all the time, they need to get stuck in and get on with it!

The number of folk who almost burst a gut when giving abuse beggers belief - if the same energy was transferred to backing the team for at least the majority of the game, there may be a fairly good atmosphere.

Couldn't have put it any better myself.
100% common sense, read this and take it in everyone.