Vs. Hamilton Accies

Gaag

Not the best game or derby by any stretch but a fantastic result. Five clean sheets in a row is something that can't be argued with, every good team should be built from the back. Thought the team battled well without playing good football today, which I can live with. This is the most comfortable I've been with who's in charge for some time.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another great result if not performance from the lads today. It was never going to be a brilliant spectacle though and Accies are a hard side to beat so it's a good win for us.

What is the deal with the Imrie bashing though? Was it just because of the manner of his goal against us for Caley in the cup or have I missed something else there?

Job done!

Not pretty but got the desired outcome in a derby so very happy indeed with that.

There were a couple of heart in mouth moments when Accies heaped bodies in the box but outwith that we were pretty much the better side if not exactly dominating them.

Until the pitch begins to dry out a bit I think its going to be a bit of a slog in our home games so its pleasing that we do have a fair bit of character and the ability to dig in and work hard for the result as we've done against both St Mirren and Hamilton.

I think we will have to up our game a bit against them next week over there but we'll worry about next week.

For now, derby win, 5 shut outs in a row, pushing clear of 7th place. Nice!

Lack of skill, horrendous pitch, and the ref made the first half one of the worst 45 minutes of football I have ever seen. Highlight was Imrie getting booked. To be fair to him though he had a good game, whether it is 'cause he hates us or not.

Second half was better but DELIGHTED with the win.

Again, the talking point will be the pitch. It is a shambles and it is as bad, if not worse, than last season. Visually, it looks a mess with new turf dotted all over the place in between what appears to be sand. Somebody is gonna get hurt on that pitch and be out for a wee while. Once or twice I saw players tripping up on potholes.

With our next home game against Rangers I can see it being a MAJOR talking point from Monday to Friday next week. Especially if the result doesn't go Rangers way.

Like last season, our pitch could eventually conspire against us and rob us of a top 6 finish. The fact though we are on 33 points has, in the meantime, gave us a great chance. The game at NDP should be a much better game to watch.

Well done to the lads today! :D

I thought we were the better team throughout although sat far too deep and lived a bit too dangerously for my liking in the latter stages. The pitch looks very very bad but Accies can have no complaints as they tried to play very little football. Special mention to the "next big thing" James McCarthur who did absolutely fuck all for the entire game. He is kidding himself if he thinks he can play with a bigger team in a better league.

It wasn't pretty but an absolutely fantastic result!!!

Again, the talking point will be the pitch. It is a shambles and it is as bad, if not worse, than last season. Visually, it looks a mess with new turf dotted all over the place in between what appears to be sand. Somebody is gonna get hurt on that pitch and be out for a wee while. Once or twice I saw players tripping up on potholes.

With our next home game against Rangers I can see it being a MAJOR talking point from Monday to Friday next week. Especially if the result doesn't go Rangers way.

Like last season, our pitch could eventually conspire against us and rob us of a top 6 finish. The fact though we are on 33 points has, in the meantime, gave us a great chance. The game at NDP should be a much better game to watch.

Yep. It's not fit for purpose. Looks like Rabbits have been burrowing there. Or is it those pesky vegetarian foxes?

It's an absolute riot and it looks like it's beyond repair as long as we're at Fir Park.

Yep. It's not fit for purpose. Looks like Rabbits have been burrowing there. Or is it those pesky vegetarian foxes?

It's an absolute riot and it looks like it's beyond repair as long as we're at Fir Park.

Spot on imo. I was thinking that it might never properly be sorted and our only solution might be a home in another location. Sad as that might be.

Another great result if not performance from the lads today. It was never going to be a brilliant spectacle though and Accies are a hard side to beat so it's a good win for us.

What is the deal with the Imrie bashing though? Was it just because of the manner of his goal against us for Caley in the cup or have I missed something else there?

Alot of us have the misfortune of knowing Lanarks very own David Beckham (self proclaimed) from school, youth football etc and hope nothing but misfortune on the treacherous wee c**t.

Ruddy [7] Not much to do but looked very commanding and confident when called on.

Hateley [7] Fitted in well again at right back

Craigan [7] Solid

Reynolds [7] Looked comfortable

Hammell [7] Excellent shift from Hammell

O'Brien [7] The poor surface didn't help him much but showed excellent energy and determination to chase things

Jennings [6] Battled away unspectacularly but effectively.

Lasley [8] Sorry if it sounds like fawning but he really was our best player.

Coke [7] Took 20 minutes to settled down but did well overall

Jutkiewicz [7] Scored the winning goal and showed some good touches on a terrible pitch.

Sutton [5] Never really happened for Sutton today.

Humphrey [2] Occasionally ran fast.

Fitzpatrick [1] Injured within minutes of coming on.

Saunders [2] Defensively a little slack.

Some of those are mental.

poor game.

great result.

Aye, spot on.

shame the groundsmen dont seem to give a fuck

We were told the park would be shite during its first winter, I'm sure it's a lot better that it could have been. Also, thought you were a Rangers fan?

Park is a fucking disgrace!!! Groundsman said judge him on his own park, well you should have your fucking jotters for making such an arse of a near 1/2 million pound investment!!!!! If he was working at a golf course, cricket ground etc...... then he would be out on his ear and be very lucky to find similar employment the chancer.

Game was a non event tbh, we were the only team in the game up until we scored, don't what game Billy Reid watched, but Dougie Imrie was the gash first division player we know he is, very suited for next season Accies squad then. He really is a fat wee wank.

Accies came into the game after we inexcusabley started sitting deep when we opened the scoring,even then they rarely looked like being able to put the ball in the net.

3 points and another clean sheet will do me fine all things considered.

Surely Mr Boyle must surely be looking at revamping the ground staff, to stop them costing him and the club so much cash.

working today so I'll miss the game :D

As for the match it's self I can see it been a very hard fought game not many goals but the well will out shade the Accies and win 1-0

I went to work the Well ground out a one nil win.

I thank you.

and for my next trick.........

More a thud and blunder than a blood and thunder derby. The Accies were stuffy, set up in a 3-4-3 with a very tight 4-3 at the back/midfield which made it tricky for us to play through them, resulting in lot of aimless hoofs throughout the entire game. We managed to contain them for the entire game, however dunno what the inherent thing is in the squad (also under Gannon and McGhee) where we sit back and invite pressure on to oursleves when we take a lead. I'll take a ground out 1-0 any day of the week though, and I hope the horticultural prophets are correct and the pitch finally beds down next winter as I'm f**ked off having to watch the team trying to play on p*sh, and the entire meedja jumping on the "Lets give the Fir Park pitch a kicking again" bandwagon every f**king week. Jim Traynor, suck Satans c*ck, ya fat Airdieonian f**k.

Not a classic, but a classic case of grinding out three vital points. Five shut-outs, cannae argue with that. Had to laugh at Reid's summing up....

Hamilton manager Billy Reid:

"There was nothing really in the game. They scored a scrappy goal in front of the goals.

"I thought, for 30 minutes, we battered them. We pinned them in, we didn't get the break; they did. "We pinned them back for the last 25 minutes of the game and, once again, they've not got what they deserved but we'll stick together. "We had a strong penalty claim at the end.

"I'm really gutted for the players. I don't think we deserved that today, we deserved something out of the game.

" :lol: I thought Dougie Imrie was the best player on the park. He was fantastic, different class."

Good post Burn Broomfield.

Glad to get those 3 poins in the bag - and It'll be great to make it 6 by whipping them next week as well. Not thinking too much about the dark side match on wednesday, que sera sera for that one.

I thought Jennings and Reynolds were great but a few of the old guard slipped back a bit today

Billy Reid's interview (as always is hilarious).

Paw Broon's is disappointing as defending the pitch is a ludicrous standpoint.

Andy P mentioned that the pitch needs time to dry out - I think it's dry as a bone myself. i think the new pitch has effectively been murdered and the whole thing is dead as a dodo - I think if 50 of us took an end at the Cooper stand and gave it a sychronised wave - we'd fill the south stand with 100 tonnes of dead roots.

i.e. a large percentage of the investment (obviously not the drainage system or the sub structure) but the actual pitch itself has gone and that for me is criminal.

We spent a fortune getting rid of all the shit material and planted the best grass on the best soil mix. So what's the composition of the patchwork quilt we've thrown down?

The lack of info coming from the club for me speaks volumes. I'm convinced there's been an almighty fuck up.

Just back home from match after an eventful drive south (picked up a hitcher then had to smack him and throw him out the camper. I would imagine he's still lying at the Lockerbie turn off). Happy with the result although can't say I really enjoyed the game. First time I've been up for nearly two months and I tend to agree with those who say the pitch is a disgrace.

Anyway I'm needing a drink.