Vs. Hamilton Accies

Gaag

Shite game but good 3 points.

Jennings our best player, got stuck in to McArthur.

Easton kept O'Brien quiet but no a pitch conducive to dribbling.

Imries a stig but thought he was their best player tbh.

I agree with this. Could be an important signing for them.

Anybody see the look on Mensing's face at the final whistle. Proper gutted :D

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was an important three points and another clean sheet, so delighted with that. Yes it was an ugly game but it was never going to be a classic, so to win was superb.

I think we just deserved it, and this keeps us in confident mood ahead of Wednesday.

how the funk could any Motherwell player have got 8 out of ten yesterday?!

what the hell did lasley do to justify that?

Not a great game but panned out exactly like I would have expected it to.

Accies dominated the early stages without really threatening. Coke looked a little uncomfortable out left and Accies had an extra man in midfield. After about 20 minutes Coke came on to more of a game and we were (just about) the better team for most of the rest of the match. Accies only really threatened in the final few minutes. Very scrappy, lots of fouls and the pitch looked like it had taken an artillery barrage which didn't make it easy to play flowing football. You couldn't fault the players for effort but there wasn't a lot of quality. Still most of the players showed they were prepared to battle and dig out three points.

Ruddy [7] Not much to do but looked very commanding and confident when called on.

Hateley [7] Fitted in well again at right back

Craigan [7] Solid

Reynolds [7] Looked comfortable

Hammell [7] Excellent shift from Hammell

O'Brien [7] The poor surface didn't help him much but showed excellent energy and determination to chase things

Jennings [6] Battled away unspectacularly but effectively.

Lasley [8] Sorry if it sounds like fawning but he really was our best player.

Coke [7] Took 20 minutes to settled down but did well overall

Jutkiewicz [7] Scored the winning goal and showed some good touches on a terrible pitch.

Sutton [5] Never really happened for Sutton today.

Humphrey [2] Occasionally ran fast.

Fitzpatrick [1] Injured within minutes of coming on.

Saunders [2] Defensively a little slack.

was really pissed off when some people boo'd him

Why?

I booed him because he was trying to inflict damage on my team and I can't have that. When a player leaves FP he's fair game, providing barracking is not OTT. He tried to score a goal and deprive my team of 2 points, or 3 if he could managed that. Did he take to the park thinking "I used to play for the Well and I'm not going to try" - I don't think so. I wouldn't expect him to.

Whats more he'll be booed next week as well if he tries to harm the Well.

Most of it has already been said. Poor spectacle, poor pitch, good result. Also very poor Hamilton support. I know there aren't many anyway but surely a few hundred more could have made the 5 min trip up the road. Half decent turn out for us but doubt many of the occassional supports will rock back up after witnessing such a poor game.

Thought Jennings and Coke were our best players. Jennings desrves a run in the team I think.

Was really annoyed when we sat back after the goal and even started to try and time waste with 10/15 mins to go. It was asking for trouble and less than entertaining!

Why?

I booed him because he was trying to inflict damage on my team and I can't have that. When a player leaves FP he's fair game, providing barracking is not OTT. He tried to score a goal and deprive my team of 2 points, or 3 if he could managed that. Did he take to the park thinking "I used to play for the Well and I'm not going to try" - I don't think so. I wouldn't expect him to.

Whats more he'll be booed next week as well if he tries to harm the Well.

why boo him but?

would u boo faddy if he came on against us?

why boo him but?

would u boo faddy if he came on against us?

If Faddy came on for Celtic against Motherwell at FP, I'm CERTAIN some areas of the ground would boo him. No ex player, playing for our rivals against us at Fir Park would get 100% adulation and support. The way it should be.

That's a very valid point carlukemurray - and probably the point that instigated the man love thread the other day.

I'm glad Keef is doing OK and has had some great performances recently.

However, Lasley was perhaps our poorest performer yesterday - he was lost in the dustbowl.

Jennings was head and shoulders above him performance wise yesterday.

The keith manlove must stop now!

You must have missed the bit when Las did keepie uppie around the entire Hamilton Team with the back of his heel and then did a scissors kick that beat Cerny but caught in a divot in the pitch and was then scrambled away by a terrified Accies defender.

It wasn't a great game but sometimes you have to give players credit for digging out a result. That's why I gave Lasley 8. Accies were playing 3-4-2-1 yesterday so they usually had one or two more men in the midfield so our guys were outnumbered there. There have been many times when we've seen our four in the middle completely nullified by those sort of tactics to the extent we barely have a midfield. Yesterday we got the better of them against the odds. I thought our midfield worked really, really hard yesterday. Sure there was no great build up play or killer passes or anything like that but they got their ratings on workrate and determination to the cause.

Worst game i've had to pay to watch in a long time.

Pitch is AWFUL and I've got a wee feeling we are due to be pulled up for it soon.

No football on show but...........

3 points in the bag and beat a team who came to just spoil any kind of football. Well done boys!

Oh aye and Billy Reid GIRUY!

Watching Dunferlmine game today and, whilst their park is considerably better than ours, there's plenty of bareness about it. Goalmouths are completely devoid of grass and the touchline areas are bald as a coot

Watching Dunferlmine game today and, whilst their park is considerably better than ours, there's plenty of bareness about it. Goalmouths are completely devoid of grass and the touchline areas are bald as a coot

Aye but I'd swap them without a moments hesitation.

Some would say you're biased there where Dunfermline is mentioned though Ricky  :O

That's a very valid point carlukemurray - and probably the point that instigated the man love thread the other day.

I'm glad Keef is doing OK and has had some great performances recently.

However, Lasley was perhaps our poorest performer yesterday - he was lost in the dustbowl.

Jennings was head and shoulders above him performance wise yesterday.

The keith manlove must stop now!

Agreed! Jennings was clearly our best player yesterday, followed by Reynolds. Give Keith's arsehole a rest!

For christ sake there is nothing we can do about the pitch. It simply needs time to set down roots. I am by no means any gardener but come on it is simple. Grass needs time to bed in. Which it hasn't yet had. Think of a new golf course until a few years in the greens are ropy and the fairways have poor drainage and cut up. Same with the football field. The undersoil heating on for so long also damages things and here is one for you ..it is winter nothing grows in winter and yes your tomatos in the supermarket are not from scotland. gees lay off it thertee is no oint in moaning. If it is the same next year then fire in. Oh and having semi finals on it is a joke as the ground is getting cut up more with over use. We need the spring and quick. as a meerkat says simples.

Theres no much grass left, and they have dug up the roots in both boxes. Hope there asking for a refund or not having to pay for the re-turf

Can't really ask for a refund if its the ground staff that have cocked it up, can they?

Having watched the highlights, it didn't look as bad as it did at the game, but it's still in some nick but at the end of the day, it's the same for both sides and our team will be worse for it come the season end as it'll take a lot more out of them running on it every second week.

On the game, the highlights seemed to suggest we were much superior to the Accies and how they thought they should have had a penalty at the end with Paixio is beyond me.