Pies

KirkySuperSub

Sorry, I checked back but I couldn't find the "Catering" thread.

Had a steak pie for the first time in yonks today at FP and thought it was really tasty, bit soggy on the bottom, but tasty nonetheless....maybe not worth £2.00 right enough...

Anyway, that was all.

Why don't you go check out some of the more interesting threads now.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the smell of the pies at FP. I have moved closer to a person eating a pie just for a free smell. I think they smell better than they taste, and the smell costs nothing!

Katie commented today that the excessive £3.50 for a hot dog was nothing short of theft. And 90p for a bag of crisps is ridiculous too.

To be honest, I've never asked the price of a hot chocolate, because its always bought for me. It just tastes of hot water knocked stupid. But the carton keeps my hands warm.

So really, I go to FP for the visceral rather than the food or the football. :huh:

But, great thread.

The portend of a useful debate, which I'm confident will be merged with the thread that you can't find. There will be someone on the merging as we live and breathe.

Fair enough. Pies it is.

Chapman's Pies were the best at FP a few years back. With the hot grease running between your fingers, there was always the wee pools of deliciousness to sook at between biting into the crisp pastry shell and savouring the minced lamb, spiced with the correct amount of seasoning and a touch of je ne sais quoi.

It wasn't unusual to have two pies back to back, one slathered in brown sauce, and one on its bare feet.

(Washed down with Bovril.)

I used to take lemon-scented hand wipes with me, so that the pies could go anywhere on my face and hands, and I didn't care. Ate them with total abandonment and recklessness. And was clean and fresh for the second half.

I'd order and heat up loads of pies, making sure no one left the kiosk disappointed, and put what wasn't used in pokes, and hand them out to the home fans for their journey home...

You'd think that after all this time, the caterers could at least attempt to get the numbers nearly right.

I'd order and heat up loads of pies, making sure no one left the kiosk disappointed, and put what wasn't used in pokes, and hand them out to the home fans for their journey home...

You'd think that after all this time, the caterers could at least attempt to get the numbers nearly right.

Nice idea in theory but how many pies would get sold if the fans knew they would be walking out the doors with a gratis doggy bag at the end of the match?

Chicken Balti pies all the way.

The pies were too warm today. Just thought i'd have a wee moan. :O

Shhhh...this is the wrong thread for a moan.

Pies are supposed to melt the enamel off your front teeth, and take out the membranes around them, if the pies are heated properly. There is a peculiar way of eating a very hot pie...and it depends on the dexterity of the mandibular jaw bone, moving up and down to both cool down the mince and the pastry, and allow their journey further into the mouth, along the back teeth, then over the throat, hopefully preserving the oesophagus from disintegrating, before the next bite.

So stop moaning about the temperature.. :blush:

Fair enough. Pies it is.

Chapman's Pies were the best at FP a few years back. With the hot grease running between your fingers, there was always the wee pools of deliciousness to sook at between biting into the crisp pastry shell and savouring the minced lamb, spiced with the correct amount of seasoning and a touch of je ne sais quoi.

It wasn't unusual to have two pies back to back, one slathered in brown sauce, and one on its bare feet.

(Washed down with Bovril.)

I used to take lemon-scented hand wipes with me, so that the pies could go anywhere on my face and hands, and I didn't care. Ate them with total abandonment and recklessness. And was clean and fresh for the second half.

:blush: What an excellent read. Thank you!