MST Poker Night

DosserJoe

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoyed the night.

I was thinking, how about arranging a team match with 6 players from each team. £20 buy in, £10 goes to the trust and the rest to the prize pot? The teams could be like:

MST/SteelmenOnline Select

MFC Select (players, management, staff etc)

Jack Daniels Team

etc?

Personally not so sure that it would work. the reasons being you have £20 buy-in, £10 goes to MST, JD's takes 20% of the pot for staging it, leaving £8 per head. If you manage to get 4 teams of 6 then thats a total pot of £192 split into say 3 prizes. so whatever way you split the pot its not exactly enticing is it, unless most folk just like to play for playing sake and don't mind that the payout is relatively low compared to the buy-in

Sounds a good plan Gaag.

Would certainly be interested in getting a team together. May struggle to fill the full 6 spaces. Dont know that many people that play Poker you see (of any sort of standard).

But, if say we limited it to 4 per group. And had a fast blind structure so that games didn't take too long. And could perhaps vary the format e.g. a series of heads-up matches between teams, 6-max tables, and full tables. Basically just mixing it round. And with quick blinds it works as a Round Robin format.

I am sure officepoker.net (based in Edinburgh) do it something similar to what I have mentioned.

And with only 4 per group, the winnings per head increase (only slightly mind you).

Whatever the decision, gimme a shout.

To be fair, the Trust didn't run the last Poker Night for profit (only £60 made!) and if something like what you're suggesting was to take off, it would make more sense Colin running it from the pub, so the Trust would be happy to try to get a team together for it but it doesn't make sense for us to get the profits. Would just be a coming together of Motherwell fans groups in a Motherwell fans' pub! I'll come along for the banter and a few pints as I haven't a clue about poker!

With my limitted knowledge, I'd suggest a buy-in of £20 per head, with a fiver of that going to Colin and the rest to the prize pot. Surely that would keep everyone happy?

Edit: Or even Colin could take his usual 20%, and another 20% could go towards a wee trophy for the winning team?

o the Trust would be happy to try to get a team together for it but it doesn't make sense for us to get the profits.

Though I would say that members of the Trust are more than welcome to use us to help promote it. It's not just Trust board members that can get involved in putting events on.

I was suggesting the MST team would be made up of Trust members, not just board members. We've only got three folk on the board who have ever played poker before.

Gaag - I don't mind saying to him. What day of the week suits folk? Should we make it co-incide with a Champions League game again?

I was suggesting the MST team would be made up of Trust members, not just board members.

Absolutely, cause that would lead to a papping.

My point was more that 'Trust' events can be ran by non-board members. For example, Davie Tonner ran the Fives for a good few years.

Sounds good. A champions league night would be fine, or a fri/sat night for the weekend... but they're probably out of the question due to other things.

Team games are quality, would be an interesting twist to the night.

Our team if they can make it would be picked from: Me, DC, Highland, ForthThistle, Claret&Amber, Robyn, Gazzy B etc... we could maybe put in a SO1 and SO2 team like the Olympics :lol: