'well V Rangers, Wednesday.

gav212

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why a lot of folk think we will get beat tomorrow night. They are shite and i fear Hibs beating us on the 20th a lot more than Rangers.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the results of all the previous occasions in the past decade or so that we've played Rangers when they were shite, regardless of how well or badly we were playing at the time. There's your answer. For whatever reason, we just don't know how to beat Rangers any more, so very few of us ever expect to do so.

Of course, as soon as we do manage to beat them once, the same folk will expect to hump them every time :)

I don't understand why a lot of folk think we will get beat tomorrow night. They are shite and i fear Hibs beating us on the 20th a lot more than Rangers. We were dire in the 6-1 game, but a lot has changed since then, and with Boyd and Miller just coming back i am not expecting them to be too sharp.

They may be shite by their standards but they are still better than us and that's why folk think we'll get beat. Add to that the fact that we haven't beaten them for over seven years and it's understandable that we're not expected to take much from this game.

I think Broon will have a tactical masterplan ready for this one. A plan that will negate Rangers midfielders and deny room to their forwards, whilst allowing us to put pressure on their defence.

Maybe I've spent too much time thinking about it, but this COULD be the way we line-up tomorrow night:

---------------------------------Ruddy--------------------------------------

----------Saunders--------------Craigan-----------------Reynolds------------

Hateley--------------------------------------------------------------Hammell

----------------------Lasley----------------Jennings-------------------------

----------Sutton---------------Jutkiewitz----------------O'Brien-------------

My thinking is this. The back 3 outnumber the Rangers forwards whilst the wing-backs and central midfield match up to their 4.

By playing 3 up front it keeps their full backs occupied and prevents them from attacking, plus Sutty and Jimo can drop in to make us even more solid if needs be.

I like it, but I may be in a minority of one!!

Prediction? With that team we CAN'T lose!!!!

Theres only one thing for sure about this game, the Daily Record will run a shite story on how Archie Knox doesnt mind putting a dent in Rangers title challenge

Smith and Knox will be referred to as 'lifelong friends' who happily throw the keys in a bowl at gatherings at Wattie's bit.

I think Broon will have a tactical masterplan ready for this one. A plan that will negate Rangers midfielders and deny room to their forwards, whilst allowing us to put pressure on their defence.

Maybe I've spent too much time thinking about it, but this COULD be the way we line-up tomorrow night:

My thinking is this. The back 3 outnumber the Rangers forwards whilst the wing-backs and central midfield match up to their 4.

By playing 3 up front it keeps their full backs occupied and prevents them from attacking, plus Sutty and Jimo can drop in to make us even more solid if needs be.

Lay aff the bevvy big man. 'bout as much chance of Brooney going with that formation as him and Erchie playing up front. I think we'll keep it tight.

Did we know play 3 centre halfs at Ibrox?

Keep it simple, 442 and get in about them. Hopefully the game is tight and Murphy can come on with half an hour to go and make an impact.

There should have been loads more talk about the pitch being so bad so Rangers go out there believing they can't play on it, regardless of whether they actually can or not.

Let's face it we are going to get slaughtered win, lose or draw from all the hacks that only ever come to Fir Park when the Old Firm do. So any wee psychological advantage that we can take from the pitch, lets use it.

Can anyone confirm if Coke is suspended for this one?

If so interested to see who comes in. On saturday the choice was to bring on Fizzy and then when he got injured we brought on Saunders at the back with hatley going into mid.

So who will it be??

Forbes or Hatley or McGlinchey

I think we need to keep Hatley at the back and while I rate Forbes I think he needs to develop some pace to play at a good level.

Cheer up , Thats 6000 greeting bigots at the end of the game.

In an ideal world. However, I have no doubt in my mind they will be housed in the Main Stand corner next to the Cooper Stand as well which means listening to their garbage when you go for a pie or to the bogs. Keep them in the South Stand only. Surely we don't earn THAT much from the small number in the Main Stand??

do they have the south + cooper? if its 6000 fans and they just have the south and main, itll be around 1200 in the main, at £25 a ticket that would be £30k!! Still, I hope when we build our new stadium we can build a big fuck off kop like Tranmere, 5500 - 6000, then the bigots can be locked away solely in there so they dont infect any other areas

Can anyone confirm if Coke is suspended for this one?

If so interested to see who comes in. On saturday the choice was to bring on Fizzy and then when he got injured we brought on Saunders at the back with hatley going into mid.

So who will it be??

Forbes or Hatley or McGlinchey

I think we need to keep Hatley at the back and while I rate Forbes I think he needs to develop some pace to play at a good level.

Yes, Coke is suspended and with Fitzpatrick injured I reckon Forbes will get the nod. Maybe a wee stint on the sidelines will have him refreshed.

Wouldn't be surprised by 0-0 tonight. Looking forward to it though.

Rangers have sold just short of 6,000 tickets for this game, ensuring a noisy and passionate away support.

The Rangers support is never noisy and passionate, not since they were banned from singing about being 'up to their knees' and the likes.

It depends how the game goes, but if it's a tight game like it has been the last few times they've been at FP then you'll hear them less and less as the game goes on.

The atmosphere at a Motherwell v Rangers game is normally pretty dire these days to be honest.

Are their fans in the Phil O'Donnell Stand being kept back for ten minutes after the game like they were supposed to have been in September?