'well V Rangers, Wednesday.

gav212

I have to say I thougt we were outstanding last night and would have thouroughly deserved the three points. I doubt Reynolds would've slept much last night after the goal, but that apart he played well in a team that dominated and played good fitba on a surface supposedly not conducive to that.

Ironically, the only playing field that wasn't level was that of the match officials joining forces with THEM to deny us the win. Calum Murray really went down in my estimations last night with his leniancy towards Boyd, McCulloch et al, and as for the linesman???

Mind you, a wonderful free kick from Hateley and a superb work ethic from the guys left me content with most things, but somehow for the second time against THEM at Fir Park this season a draw felt like a defeat.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delighted with the performance tonight, especially first half. We looked the side on top of the SPL, not that bunch of namby, dirty cheating gits. As for the officials, cheats is simply a word you can't use for some reason, but complete and utter incompetence is about right. I recall an incident when three or four very dirty OTT challenges (including what looked like a two-footer by McCulloch who was already on a yellow) went unpunished in the space of a few seconds before one of theirs falls over under virtually no pressure and the whistle goes. Then Papac gets a yellow for a red card tackle. Thought Jennings was immense tonight, exactly what that midfield needed. O'Brien should've been subbed with about 20 to go, the guy was absolutely shattered and was running on empty. Felt for Reynolds, solid all night but made an arse of it and suffered big-time. Craggs fantastic.

The goal which we didn't get would have been plastered all over every single paper, telly, website had it been Rangers who'd been denied. Nothing wrong with it, legit goal and at that 2-0 was game over, they were not getting back into it. Hateley's free-kick was brilliant. We've a huge amount to be proud of this evening, if I were one of them I'd be in hiding.....

+1

Shouted myself hoarse last night. Came away from the game gutted. Felt we definately should have won.

Already getting grief from the currant buns here at my work about the satate of the pitch etc. F*ck them!!!

Not Reynolds error at all. Ruddy shouted to leave it, so totally Ruddy's fault.

Im no havin that. With 10 mins to go the ball and the ball lands on your 6-yard line, I don't care if Ruddy + 6,000 people behind him were shouting for the ball, you boot it to fuck!

You can argue who shouted for it when it's in Row Z, not in the back of the net.

Reynolds' error for me.

I thought we were magnificent. Dodgy officiating and a moment of indecisiveness cost us after playing them off the park again at Fir Park.

We now need to sit down and get Jennings, Hateley, O'Brien, Lasley and anyone else whose deal is up in the summer signed up. I fear Ruddy and Jutkiewicz may be beyond our means.

Have to laugh at Wattie, Boyd WAS offside I'm pretty certain back then. And, our entire side stopped soon as the flag went up allowing Boyd a very easy shot on goal.....

WALTER SMITH last night wryly recalled a previous disallowed Kris Boyd goal at Fir Park as Motherwell were denied their first victory over Rangers for more than seven years in contentious circumstances.

Television pictures showed Ross Forbes was onside when he touched Stephen Craigan's volley past Allan McGregor only for the strike to be wrongly chalked off by John Gilmour, the far side linesman.

That goal would have given Motherwell a 2-0 lead early in the second half, following Tom Hateley's first-half free kick, and they eventually had to settle for a draw once Boyd had plundered an equaliser 10 minutes from time.

Motherwell were aggrieved at the linesman's decision but Smith was quick to point out that Rangers had been deprived of a league win in similar circumstances during a league meeting between the sides at Fir Park in November 2008.

"They say the boy was onside," Smith said. "But I think if I can remember correctly we had a goal knocked off in a [previous] match here, a goal by Kris Boyd.

"So sometimes they go for you, and sometimes against you. If you wish to cast your mind back, we would have won that game if we had got that one. So it balances out. I thought
I would remind you of that."

Brown chose not to complain too much about the injustice. "I'm an advocate of not criticising officials so I won't do that – and certainly not publicly," he said admirably. "I've seen the TV evidence which would indicate the goal was okay. But the officials have got jobs to do and they do them honestly. Unfortunately we didn't get the goal which I think would have finished the game because we were comfortable at that point.

"I was told that both Craigan and Forbes were onside but I don't want to be a moaner or a complainer. You get some decisions and some you don't. We didn't get that one but we
might get one in the next game. We just have to accept it."

Brown, instead, pointed the finger of blame at his own team for not defending properly ahead of Boyd's goal. "We've got to fault ourselves because we gifted the goal to
Rangers," he added. "It was indecision between the goalie John Ruddy and Mark Reynolds. We can't blame anyone but ourselves. You don't give Kris Boyd a chance like that and expect to get away with it."

Ironically, the only playing field that wasn't level was that of the match officials joining forces with THEM to deny us the win. Calum Murray really went down in my estimations last night with his leniancy towards Boyd, McCulloch et al, and as for the linesman???

Shit that's why we didn't get any decisions, I was ranting at Charlie Richmond all night doh ;)

Jings who knows, against Rangers, probably end up loosing this as its about time we did :(

Anyway could be well wrong as i said we would beat Accies 4 nil.

I would be delighted with a draw, 1 v 1, Extatic with a win and try to catch up on 3rd spot.

Good times ahead at FP.

Hately for the goal

Did you bring this back up anywhere Jonny? ;)

I might have to go sit with Frazzle for the rest of this season because the looks I got for moaning about Reynolds last night were unreal ;)

No matter what Ruddy shouted, that ball should have been in Row Z last night because at 1-0 up against the champions you just can't take those sort of risks.

Also, I remember at the start of the season someone asked Mark Hateley how he would react if Tom scored against Rangers, and I hope last night it was sheer ecstacy he was feeling because if my wean scored a goal like that against Motherwell I would instantly jizz.

What a fucking strike that was.

I might have to go sit with Frazzle for the rest of this season because the looks I got for moaning about Reynolds last night were unreal :P

No matter what Ruddy shouted, that ball should have been in Row Z last night because at 1-0 up against the champions you just can't take those sort of risks.

Also, I remember at the start of the season someone asked Mark Hateley how he would react if Tom scored against Rangers, and I hope last night it was sheer ecstacy he was feeling because if my wean scored a goal like that against Motherwell I would instantly jizz.

What a fucking strike that was.

It's been said a few times, but that's spot on.

Clear the ball and argue about it while the ballboys are running after the ball.

Still, hindsight is a perfect science and it's easy to digest the incident the following day rather than have to make that decision in a split second.

Pretty gutted we didn't win and that's without seeing the footage of the 'goal'.

What i can content myself though is we won the plaudits last night by playing football - even Craig Paterson and Dodds were commenting on the fact that we tried and succeeded in playing the game the way it should be played, crap surface or not. They played at the Midden's reasonable surface on saturday and equally as bad.

The Currants used to be a force to be wary off, but I honestly would fancy our chances any time we played them - let's face it, they have a presence because of what they were, not what they are.

I'll settle back in the moral high ground and wait patiently for the next game.

MON RA DOSSERS

I was gutted last night, but not so much now. Obviously we were blatantly robbed but let's keep in mind we played the Blue Scum completely off the park - so that keeps me relatively happy and I see no reason why we can't keep it up.

As for Boyd's goal, Mark Reynolds is to blame 100%. It doesn't matter if Ruddy, Hammell or Boyd himself shouted - at any level, if you are a defender when a cross comes into that area and you have no idea what's behind you (which Reynolds obviously didn't) you get the ball to fuck. You're taught that kind of thing at boys club level. There's no debate about it I'm afraid.

Off topic, but how would that be a freekick?

If Boyd indeed shouted "goalie" it would be unsportsmanlike conduct and result in a free kick to motherwell. THough no one will ever really be able to hear who shouted what, but you are not allowed to.

On the other hand: Sme situation with Duke in boyds situation in front of the Rangers goal, i would take it nae bother and laugh.

I don't think anyone can really argue with that point.

some have on here.

I don't think there is a chance in hell ruddy shouted for it.

it was a low whipped cross, people last night said Hammell shouted for him to leave it.

If he did then hammell is a foolish cockhelmet for such a shout but the blame is all on mark reynolds, he should have put his face into it an hammered it away.