Reynolds

Frazzie

I'm sorry, but I TOTALLY agree with this.

This isn't the first time we've seen a horrendous error from Reynolds. I accept that our players aren't going to be perfect, that they're going to make errors. Look through any of my posts and you won't find me criticising any of our players or saying they're not good enough - except Reynolds. And the reason for that is the amount of stick Craigan, especially, and other players get when, in my opinion, they don't make any more mistakes than Reynolds. I suppose the fact that he appears to be so immune to criticism makes me want to criticise him all the more.

What does this mean??

I'm not saying he's murder. But he's no way near one of the top 5 defenders in the SPL, and I honestly don't think he's even the best defender in our team.

That's not "totally" agreeing with Frazzle's original post.

The title of the thread is unnecessary. By all means, criticise his performance last night(and I imagine Mark Reynolds will be his own worst critic)but for goodness sake, leave it at that.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting discussion.

Is he one of the top five defenders in the SPL? Maybe. We have kept more clean sheets than anyone else and the only two guys who have been in the defensive five consistently through that run are Ruddy and Reynolds. There was an argument about his poor reading of the game. Jim Paterson reads a game excellently and that made up for his pace, Reynolds on the whole part is the flip side of that coin.

However too many errors that cost us goals. Last night if he had tried to kick the ball to fuck and it ended up in our net that to me would be more acceptable because he made the right decision. I can't understand how a prfessional team would not make an effort to whack that ball.

But there is a Reynolds love fest on here. I remember many games when a suicidal error has been made by Reynolds and he gets five or six votes on the MoTM thread. Support the boy, he has improved lots (especially his understanding with Craigan) but he must have had more than 100 SPL games now and some of the goal costing errors he makes are not really on.

And we should have sold him when we got the offer - he is an asset but never worth what we were reportedly offered.

Glad you think it's funny. I'd be happier if we'd beaten Rangers, but if the two incidents that stopped that happening amuse you, then I think you should change your name to something more appropriate.

haha, Love your great reading skills. One mistake led to a goal. The other, moments after it, was recovered by Reynolds which led to a move where JO'B passed the ball into McGregors hands.

Im gutted we lost, but i've moved on. No point in coming on here slagging our players off. I support them, unlike a good number on here. Thought that was the point in being a fan and not a critic.

Did Ruddy call for it? In no way, shape or form should a keeper call for it, or try and claim a ball like that. Unless Reynolds heard a call their was no reason for him to leave, nor for Ruddy to come for it.

I don't buy that he never got a shout, He is clearly preparing chest/volley it away before turning swifty to let the ball glide past him. No way he did that without getting a shout from Ruddy/Boyd/Hammell.

Anyway, why wouldn't a keeper come to collect the ball a few yards from goal? I mean Ruddy dominates from the goal line to the penalty spot, no?

Neil said it...

If there's any ball comes into the box between the line and about 10 yards, Ruddy is all over it.

O'rly?

Reynolds and Craigan in the middle is a fantastic defensive pairing and we are lucky to have two very consistent defenders.

With regards to his mistake, shit happens.

Reynolds is not murder, Reynolds is a very good defender who will go onto big things. He is only 22 and I think loads of people forget that.

That's not "totally" agreeing with Frazzle's original post.

The title of the thread is unnecessary. By all means, criticise his performance last night(and I imagine Mark Reynolds will be his own worst critic)but for goodness sake, leave it at that.

Nice try. If you actually look at the part of Frazzle's post that I quoted, you'll see I do "totally" agree. I left out the bit where Frazzle says he's murder, because he's not murder, as I've quite clearly stated. I left out the part where Frazzle stated we should sell him, because I'm happy with the defence we have at the moment.

I "totally" agree with the point Frazzle makes that Reynolds seems to avoid the same degree of criticism as others. I "totally" agree that he's not the best defender at our club.

This doesn't mean I don't appreciate his role in keeping all these recent clean sheets or him keeping his place in the team. I just resent the fact that if Craigan made that mistake last night, there'd be a 17-page thread demanding his instant sacking.

This doesn't mean I don't appreciate his role in keeping all these recent clean sheets or him keeping his place in the team. I just resent the fact that if Craigan made that mistake last night, there'd be a 17-page thread demanding his instant sacking.

Not just 17 pages, but three topics, not to mention most of the match thread will be on the subject...

I think most posters will appreciate that my saying Reynolds is murder was partly looking for a reaction, partly over-compensating the undue praise he gets and partly because I was gutted the morning after throwing away two points against the h**s for the second time this season.

Stu has basically come on and explained my genuine feelings on the matter in a more reasonable and rational way, some people agree, some don't, but I'm quite happy to leave it at that.

I think most posters will appreciate that my saying Reynolds is murder was partly looking for a reaction, partly over-compensating the undue praise he gets and partly because I was gutted the morning after throwing away two points against the h**s for the second time this season.

So you're trolling. Get this yin tae fuck admin. ;):lol: