Death Is Not An Option

wellfan79

Club or country  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Motherwell or Scotland

• Motherwell to win champs league
    • Scotland to win world cup

Scotland for me but what an awkward decision.

Born in 1966, working for a company with a head office based in England and other European contacts it would be so sweet for all to bow down before me.

Balanced against lording it over the bigot brothers and the rest of Scottish football I felt national pride was better than club achievement.

:lol:

Scotland without hesitation. Winning the world cup could transform this country, and produce a hangover detectable from space.

Because of the pish that surrounds us, having a straightforward national identity is part of what being a Well fan is about (for me). So by voting for Scotland, I vote for the Well. It's quite deep.

Scotland for me but what an awkward decision.

Born in 1966, working for a company with a head office based in England and other European contacts it would be so sweet for all to bow down before me.

Balanced against lording it over the bigot brothers and the rest of Scottish football I felt national pride was better than club achievement.

:doh:

As someone who shares your unfortunate birthdate, and also works for a 'National' (London-centric) company, I feel your pain brother :P

However, Champions League would mean we had achieved something NO OTHER Scottish club had ever achieved, and I have more day to day contact with bigots than I do with people from Englandshire, so it has to be the Well for me.

Close decision tho

The last scotland team which was picked by the manager rather than the papers was Willie Ormond who produced just about the best team I have seen. Craig Levien has proven that he picks players that others would not go for and hopefully he will do the same for Scotland. I am Motherwell daft but also Scotland daft and would love to follow the national team everywhere. If he is as good as I hope then more Scots will get in the team as O'brien is better than Driver of Hearts but everyone says Driver is better {not in my book}. And we always have Faddy! Dont give up on Scotland as we need loyal supporters like the those that support the Well.

Not really a stupid question. If we get into Europe I may have to choose between going to watch the Well or Scotland in a qualifying game. Easy choice for me, watch the Well but doesn't mean i'm gonna be shoutin' any less for a Scotland win. Jay would probably opt for the Scotland game but it's all down to individual choice and it doesn't make you any less a supporter. Be great to win the lotto and go to them all :D

Watching Scotland beat France in Paris with my boy was a fairytale :P

but watching my boy singing his heart out watching the Well play Nancy brought a lump to my throat that night :O

what about me singing all the songs in the [a] word :doh:

Ok obviosly it is a nonsensical question but valid none the less. if motherwell won the champs it would be our team our players and our manager there would be what maybe twenty thousand well fans against the world. However if scotland won the world cup thats five million plus against the world probably with no well players in the team and the players that if they are not from the bigot bros will all be people that couldn't make the grade in the england setup. i mean danny fox got a cap just cause he signed for celtic and was eligible. Also shame on the people who voted twice i might not know how to set up a poll properly (or much about punctuation)), but i now know who i wouldn't tell where theres a birds nest. Shame i tell thee

Motherwell for me, I don't like this "oh a Scotland win would be great for everybody" fuck that. We're Motherwell, I'd rather we won something than Scotland. It would be our own party.

Exactly. When Motherwell win ye can get it right up everyone locally. When Scotland win everyone is happy. Fuck that.

I do not believe this is the case. Liverpool were fourth in the Premier League in 2004 yet won the Champions League the following season. 

SD

True. Here we'd have to finish at least second, so we'd challenge for the title.

My versions better though ;)

I would guess that the vast majority of football fans would choose their club. After all, it's your club you spend your lifetime paying money to see, where your memories are forged and who take up the vast majority of your time in relation to the game. I would be suspicious of any matchgoing fan who ranks the national team as more important than their club.

I would guess that the vast majority of football fans would choose their club. After all, it's your club you spend your lifetime paying money to see, where your memories are forged and who take up the vast majority of your time in relation to the game. I would be suspicious of any matchgoing fan who ranks the national team as more important than their club.

"Suspicious" in what way!?

I spend far, far more money watching Scotland than I do Motherwell, despite seeing the 'Well regularly home and away. Also, my greatest football-related memories are mainly country as opposed to club.

"Suspicious" in what way!?

I spend far, far more money watching Scotland than I do Motherwell, despite seeing the 'Well regularly home and away. Also, my greatest football-related memories are mainly country as opposed to club.

You go along to watch your national team, so it's natural you have some affiliation. It just isn't something I can relate to or get passionate about. I wouldn't watch England if it was free admission.

You go along to watch your national team, so it's natural you have some affiliation. It just isn't something I can relate to or get passionate about. I wouldn't watch England if it was free admission.

I still don't understand why a football fan picking country over club would arouse your suspicion, just because you don't like international football. It's just a matter of opinion, surely?

Whenever the question crops up, I pick country over club without even having to think about it. But I've never thought it would result in someone being suspicious of my choice.

Whenever the question crops up, I pick country over club without even having to think about it. But I've never thought it would result in someone being suspicious of my choice.

Spot on, and although I have never had to choose between the two as we've always been in the top league, the National Team would win every time. Because not everyone agrees with it and, shock, horror a Manchester United fan doesn't understand it doesn't make it weird or anything.

That's just like me saying picking your club over your country is wrong. There is no wrong answer it is about opinion

I still don't understand why a football fan picking country over club would arouse your suspicion, just because you don't like international football. It's just a matter of opinion, surely?

As I say, it's just something I can't relate to. But I'm not patriotic, and ideas about national pride aren't something I hold anyway. Also I've never met a matchgoing United fan who would choose England over the club; it's outside of my experience this kind of debate.