Well Vs Hibs, Saturday 20th Feb

samson1886

Yes but two of them were at Easter Road, I was referring to Fir Park matches only earlier.

Aye but my point is we beat them four times in one season. Last year was W-1, D-1, L-1. This season we have been owned when we played them. However, St Johnstone are currently beating them 2-0 so now is as good a time as any to beat them.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that they are currently losing to St.Johnstone and look unlikely to take anything from that game actually means the opposite to me. I fear that if they lose again tonight they will bounce back and hit us with the backlash on Saturday so I'd much rather have played them on the back of them winning rather than losing.

The fact that they are currently losing to St.Johnstone and look unlikely to take anything from that game actually means the opposite to me. I fear that if they lose again tonight they will bounce back and hit us with the backlash on Saturday so I'd much rather have played them on the back of them winning rather than losing.
And if they had stuck 6 past St. Jonhstone tonight you would be saying how they are on top form and likely to stick 6 past us too.

I have no idea what the score will be, but we aren't conceding many goals right now, so I imagine it will be a tight game.

Hibs are currently now on a bad run, the sort everyone gets during a season. We had ours losing five on the bounce, it was easy to fall into and so hard to get back out of. You don't lose five goals by accident.

Get tore into them. Saint Johnstone obviously did tonight, Saint Johnstone had 14 shots on goal compared to Hibs 3! 11 corners to 2, they took the game to Hibs and it worked.

We'll get humped on Saturday as Hibs will not play anywhere near as poorly as they did tonight and they will be absolutely desperate to bounce back and they will.

My prediction?

Motherwell 0 Hibernian 4

Confident as usual, glass half empty type of person I take it :P

We'll get humped on Saturday as Hibs will not play anywhere near as poorly as they did tonight and they will be absolutely desperate to bounce back and they will.

My prediction?

Motherwell 0 Hibernian 4

Are we expecting our two centre backs to be assassinated by MOSSAD half way through the first half??

Are we expecting our two centre backs to be assassinated by MOSSAD half way through the first half??

No, but I do expect them to be ripped a new one by the pace of Riordan, Stokes, Zemmamma & Benjelloun as per usual.

But whatever the outcome, I'll be there supporting the team and hoping to be proved wrong. :P

No, but I do expect them to be ripped a new one by the pace of Riordan, Stokes, Zemmamma & Benjelloun as per usual.

But whatever the outcome, I'll be there supporting the team and hoping to be proved wrong. :P

Like Saint Johnstone's defence was tonight? Give the guys credit, since late December in the league only the SPL all-time goalscorer has managed to breach our defence.

Like Saint Johnstone's defence was tonight? Give the guys credit, since late December in the league only the SPL all-time goalscorer has managed to breach our defence.

Like I said, I expect Hibs to bounce back on Saturday so the fact that St.Johnstone's defence wasn't 'ripped a new one' doesn't really count for anything I'm afraid. I think that Hibs have what it takes to give us a serious hiding on Saturday because unlike any of the sides that we've played since the turn of the year, they are a team that likes to play at a much faster pace and have the ability to play their way through teams as they have done to us to their great advantage on the two previous occasions that we've played them this season. Maybe the state of the pitch will hamper that approach somewhat, but I just don't see us getting much other than a sound beating from a Hibs side who will be absolutely desperate to get back on track after such a poor display and heavy defeat tonight.

Like I said, I expect Hibs to bounce back on Saturday so the fact that St.Johnstone's defence wasn't 'ripped a new one' doesn't really count for anything I'm afraid. I think that Hibs have what it takes to give us a serious hiding on Saturday because unlike any of the sides that we've played since the turn of the year, they are a team that likes to play at a much faster pace and have the ability to play their way through teams as they have done to us to their great advantage on the two previous occasions that we've played them this season. Maybe the state of the pitch will hamper that approach somewhat, but I just don't see us getting much other than a sound beating from a Hibs side who will be absolutely desperate to get back on track after such a poor display and heavy defeat tonight.

What about us? Do you not think we can do what St. Johnstone done tonight?

What about us? Do you not think we can do what St. Johnstone done tonight?

No, for two reasons.

1) We haven't done or looked like doing that to anyone so far this season. Apart from the recent games against Aberdeen & Killie, most of our wins have been by one or two goals at most and have been very tight affairs. Our team does not have five goals in it and before anyone mentions it, 8-1 against an Albanian side that amounted to little more than a pub team doesn't count as far as the SPL goes.

2) That result tonight was a freak and I do not believe for one minute that Hibs could play as poorly or lose as heavily as that again, especially immediately after a result like that.

They've lost 8 in two games. Aye, one at Ibrox, but Saint Mirren went their tonight and only lost to a late, late goal. Hibs haven't been trashing teams either. Since the turn of the year, they've put 5 past Hamilton (one of those exceptional results) and 5 past Montrose (the worst team in senior football), but could only muster 3 against junior opposition and their other victories were by one goal. 5-2-4 is their form since the turn of the year, we are 4-3-1. I'd say we were in form, they are not, clearly.

So watching Hibs on Alba just now they look uncomfortable on the Perth pitch. I could see it going either way to be honest. We have been steady at the back but our record against this team is shocking. However I have had a wee feeling we'd beat them until tonight but now they have more reason to bounce back. Got to be honest I haven't a clue what will happen.

No, for two reasons.

1) We haven't done or looked like doing that to anyone so far this season. Apart from the recent games against Aberdeen & Killie, most of our wins have been by one or two goals at most and have been very tight affairs. Our team does not have five goals in it and before anyone mentions it, 8-1 against an Albanian side that amounted to little more than a pub team doesn't count as far as the SPL goes.

2) That result tonight was a freak and I do not believe for one minute that Hibs could play as poorly or lose as heavily as that again, especially immediately after a result like that.

I'm not for one second expecting us to score five goals or come anywhere near thrashing them.

We've only lost one league goal in 2010 so I don't understand why anybody would think we'll get stuffed. Hibs have played well against us this season but I definately think their owed a beating.

We owned Rangers last week and have looked pretty good apart from the two Hamilton games. Hibs have lost heavily twice in their two previous matches, if you can't be confident with that you never will be.

Hibs will struggle to play football on our pitch, it will be a game won by the midfield and if we play Jennings and Coke we could be in with a chance.

We all know Buzz's weakness so we should exploit it with cross balls.

I'd go with:

Ruddy

Hateley Cragain Reynolds Hammel

Humphrey Jennings Coke O'Brien

The Duke Sutton