Well Vs Hibs, Saturday 20th Feb

samson1886

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather Hibs had won last night as 1) it would keep them right on Celtic's tail and 2) they surely won't now go on to lose a third game in a row?

Despite the result on Boxing Day, I think we're a better team than St Johnstone (the league table proves that) so if they can gub Hibs, then it proves Hibs are beatable by teams previously thought to be inferior to them.

I'm looking foward to the game and we should be confident at least a point is achievable.

Feeling a bit more bullish about the game on Saturday after last nights result.

It's one thing to lose at Ibrox and then get back to normal, it's another thing to lose at Ibrox and then get absolutely wellied off St. Johnstone. Once you get a sequence of games going it starts to nag at a teams confidence and confidence is the single greatest factor in football.

We should also be fresher not having had a midweek game.

Still some caution should be advised when you are playing against a team that can put Stokes up front behind a midfield of Zemmama, Rankin, Miller and Riordan.

Would have been more confident had Hibs won last night but now there is the realisation that if we beat Hibs on Saturday, then the race for 3rd place hots up.

While Stokes, Riordan and Zemmama have been getting the plaudits this season, the two men that make Hibs tick are McBride and Miller.

I think McBride is out so if we can get tight on Miller and nullify his impact, then there is every chance we can win this game.

1-0 'Well Coke.

i think this could be the start of a hibs meltdown. hughes was coming out with all the same shite he used to say after falkirk got beat questioning the player's commitment and i think another couple of bad results and he'll be ranting and raving again. alan gow starting in front of riordan on saturday was a strange decision as well, with the amount of attitude in that dressing room i could see them going off the rails.

i'll say two nil to the well this week. the main thing is to compete with them physically, the stats for fouls in the first two games were something like 21-4 and 24-6. both stats are a total joke and a major reason as why we got beat in both games.

If MJC was right this season we would have one point. Obviously he thinks we are pish. He only takes form into account when we are in poor form. How anyone can predict a 4-0 defeat when we are unbeaten in the league this year and have only conceded 1 goal?

It is just a generic response from him.

Anyway it's 1-1 for me. Stokes and Lukas with the goal.

If Hibs don't win they will start to get more scrutiny. Especially after getting pumped by a just promoted lower half of the league team. Never been a fan of Yogi's personal brand of positivity. Always comes across as over confidence to me. I do think though it will be a score draw on Sat though.

St. Johnstone ripped them a new one on Wednesday, you can bet Hughes ripped them a second afterwards and a third at training on Thursday. Teams inevitably bounce back after a big loss and Hibs do have some quality players. I think we can be assured that they will bounce back and not be too fatigued as they seemed in 3rd gear all game.

If we raise it to the Rangers game level then we'll edge it.

3-2

I wasn't confident about getting anything from this game a couple of weeks ago but their recent results and our shite pitch makes us favourites on the day in my opinion.

The way they played in the first half at Ibrox last week showed that they want to play fast flowing football on the ground and i just can't see them adapting to the conditions at Fir Park as they showed the other night on a poor surface at Perth.

Hopefully we'll start with two wingers with Sutton and Jutkiewicz upfront with plenty of deliveries into the box to trouble Smith.

Fancy we could give them a bit of beating tomorrow, going for a 3-0 win to us.

hopefully, with alba showing the game later on tomorrow we will continue our run & not be beat in front of the tv cameras. hibs will be hurting & imo they have quality players to react to the defeats, but our lads will do us proud & finally get points from them. tight game but ,well 3-2 winners :lol:

I'm going for an exciting 2-2 draw. Really looking forward to tomorrow - watch the game at Goodison on the box then tune in to radio for the Hibs game. Hibs will want to put right their disaster in Perth, and I think it will make for a good match. Bear in mind their confidence must be fragile following their midweek thrashing, so an early 'Well goal could make it very interesting :whistling:

Hibs will be hurting after their two defeats. The 5-1 loss to St.Johnstone showed why no team will split the Old firm anytime soon.

The two very average Old Firm teams would never have lost 5-1 away to Saints. The result showed Hibs can be vunerable at the back, but I think if score first we should get something from the game.

Like Traffic I’ll go for a exciting 2-2 draw on what will be a tricky surface to play a passing game.

The two very average Old Firm teams would never have lost 5-1 away to Saints. The result showed Hibs can be vunerable at the back, but I think if score first we should get something from the game.

Hughes has been mucking around with the defensive set up at Hibs recently. Expect the experiment to be called to a halt tomorrow and it will be back to the standard line up.

Bamba will get the hook, Hogg will go back to centre back and Wotherspoon will come back in at right back.