Well Vs Hibs, Saturday 20th Feb

samson1886

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite surprised given where Hibs are in the league and some of the players they have that their support was so few. One of the flatest atmospheres at Fir Park I have seen in a long time and it was so quiet the Hibs fans were trying to provoke the home supoort by singing somgs about us :D Seemed like there wasn't as much in the East Stand noisy corner as usual.

Doesn't help when they put the away fans up the top tier of the South Stand, that takes something off the atmosphere right away as there is no 'banter' or whatever you like to call it between the two sets of fans. I don't know why they had the Hibs fans up there today, normally they do that when it's raining heavily but it was a perfect day today weatherwise.

So what happened with the red card incident?

:lol:

I think it's best to wait and see it on BBC Alba (coverage starts at 8pm). According to Weeyin it was a shoe in red card, some think it may have been a red card, while others yellow was correct. Always best to see it before trying to decipher the truth... isn't that right weeyin... :D

Have to say I thought O'Brien was very lucky to stay on. A shocking tackle but he did retaliate.

On another day he could have been off. I am all for player discipline but that was one time when I would not have blamed O Brien for lamping the wee ned. Type of tackle that ends careers and under those circumstances emotion has to come into it. Thought the officials were shocking yet again. Some baffling decisions.

Great 3 points and some good football played on a very difficult surface.

:lol:

I think it's best to wait and see it on BBC Alba (coverage starts at 8pm). According to Weeyin it was a shoe in red card, some think it may have been a red card, while others yellow was correct. Always best to see it before trying to decipher the truth... isn't that right weeyin... :D

I'm guessing Miller lunged in which provoked the handbags?

All I could get from the previous posts was the pushing, shoving, and Jim falling on his arse

First things first. An absolutely fucking disgusting tackle from Liam Miller and no-one (except some eejit in America who wasn't even there) could blame O'Brien for reacting. Terrible terrible excuse for a challenge and not the first shocker from Liam Miller at Fir Park. (He had a disgracefull two footed lunge on Corrigan whilst playing for Celtic a few years ago that also sparked a melee. Surprise surprise he didn't get sent off for that one!) He deserves everything coming his way Miller and I hope there are further recrimminations for him. I nearly louped the wall of the East Stand!! It really was that bad.

The ref and linesman were a total joke all day. Numerous late tackles on O'Brein and Humphrey from the full backs. Numerous fouls by those wee shites Cregg and Rankin including an off the ball one right in front of the ref, and Bamba attempting to strangle Sutton and Murphy with every challenge.

I thought although we huffed and puffed we were the only team trying to win it and deservedly did. Great 3 points and what a run we are on. Good times.

Pitch is brutal.

Fuck Hibs. And get it up them.

Absolutely brilliant result which may prove crucial in securing our top 6 status. You can never argue with 3 points against Hibs, despite the fact they were very poor today, but we weren't all that great ourselves.

As for the red card incident? Definate red, could have broke a leg. Jim O'Brien had a hostile reaction- no wonder, but he certainly did not retaliate.

Before todays game hibs where the only team we hadnt taken a point from .Anybody got the stats from the days game? I wonder what the possession was ? It seemed as if we had a lot of the ball(if you take away all the time stack timewasted)

According to the Beeb - 50/50... possession wise.

Just seen it on SSN and I think the red card for Miller was harsh. The tackle was late and it was hard and not especially friendly but I don't think it was especially dangerous. O'Brien gave the referee the opportunity to send him off and whilst it may have been harsh on another day with another referee he could have walked. We plugged away valiantly today and we got our reward with the goal (which having seen again was an excellent finish). We have played better but we did play some nice stuff in patches so all in pretty pleased.

Shite game, shite performance, deserved to win, but were blowing out our arses trying to get it. Hibs were crap, the pitch is diabolical and they are dirty cheats. The ref was absolutely bloody awful.

But besides that, a marvellous 3 points, and goes a long way to helping our top 6 status! :D