Motherwell Boss Rules Out Nigeria Switch

numpty

First and last we'll ever hear of this, I hope!

http://www.motherwelltimes.co.uk/sport/Mot...eria.6081733.jp

Motherwell boss rules out Nigeria switch

17 February 2010

By motherwell.times@jnscotland.co.uk

MOTHERWELL manager Craig Brown has dismissed any suggestion he is set to leave Fir Park and lead Nigeria in the World Cup finals.

Following the sacking of Shaibu Amodu, several European managers have been linked with the Super Eagles job including Giovanni Trapattoni, Guus Hiddink – and former Scotland boss Brown.

However, while Brown says he did receive a phone call about the job he isn't taking the idea seriously.

He said: "I got a call from a Nigerian coach who works in Ireland to tell me I was on his country's radar.

"However, it wasn't an authorised source. Not only did I give it no credence, I have an agreement at Motherwell so we can just forget about it."

'Well host Hibernian at Fir Park on Saturday, with the Easter Road club being the only SPL side they have yet to get anything from this season.

Brown believes his weary side will be sufficiently recovered by the weekend to provide the same challenge to the team in third place as they did league leaders Rangers last Wednesday.

'Well followed that draw with another one at Hamilton.

Brown said: "I hadn't noticed Hibs are the only side we have yet to take anything from this season, but I know that it will be a tough test for us.

"However, given the way we competed against Rangers, we should be more than able to compete against Hibs as we continue to eye Dundee United in fourth."

Full story in February 18 edition of Times & Speaker