Davie Cooper Suite

KirkySuperSub

Just wondering, see the Davie Cooper Suite, do you need to be member or need to be signed in or anything like that for a pre-match beer?

I think you're supposed to have a season ticket (or at least I'm sure it used to be) but the old boy at the door never checks.

Cheers Jay, maybe 'Flow can confirm if he reads this.

I've no doubt it'll be on the official site, just couldnae be arsed trying to find it.

Even if it still is supposed to be season ticket holders only, everybody just walks in regardless so you won't have any problems whatsoever.

Unless someone from the club reads this and starts making the old boy check for tickets! :blink:

Always busy, but not too mobbed, before games. The club need to pull more folk through the doors after games though rather than watch fans heading straight back to their locals (or, god forbid, straight home!).

Think it would be a great idea if a 'Cooper Man of the Match' could be presented up here. Raffle tickets could be sold, the winner presents the trophy and gets photo in the programme/website. Just a thought.

The Cooper Suite's looking superb these days, would be nice to see it jumping before and after games.

Always busy, but not too mobbed, before games. The club need to pull more folk through the doors after games though rather than watch fans heading straight back to their locals (or, god forbid, straight home!).

Think it would be a great idea if a 'Cooper Man of the Match' could be presented up here. Raffle tickets could be sold, the winner presents the trophy and gets photo in the programme/website. Just a thought.

The Cooper Suite's looking superb these days, would be nice to see it jumping before and after games.

Cracking idea and one that should be mentioned to the club. Does Dougie still work in the Cooper on match days?

Used to go to Cooper often but got fed up with them closing the bar at 20 to 3. Not sure if they still do. JD's for me now.

Think it's only cans. They do a nice pint of bitter.

:)

I was thinking on the Cooper for a change from JD's but if no draught Guinness its a no go as thats all my mate drinks.

• 1 month later...
Looks like the making the rules up as you go along policy of MFC is working for the Cooper Suite now.

In for a pint a few weeks ago but this week its season ticket holders only! There was hardly a sole about as well!!

Not at all, the club did the right thing today and I back them for that. At the Falkirk game season ticket holders, including my group, were turned away because it was too full. No doubt quite a few PATG cutomers got in.

Handled well today.

Not at all, the club did the right thing today and I back them for that. At the Falkirk game season ticket holders, including my group, were turned away because it was too full. No doubt quite a few PATG cutomers got in.

Handled well today.

Absolutely pish, its one rule from one week to the next. Either you let punters in or not and keep it that way.

Anyway won't matter in the future as my beer money will be going to more welcoming establisments!

Handled well today.

those pesky patg punters should know their place, imagine having the cheek to put money into the fir park tills

Absolutely pish, its one rule from one week to the next. Either you let punters in or not and keep it that way.

Anyway won't matter in the future as my beer money will be going to more welcoming establisments!

We've had no trouble, none whatosever, in gettig into the Cooper Suite until the Falkirk game and then folk were being turned away. Today they asked to see our tickets and I've no problem with that. Health and safety issues no doubt.

Sorry to hear you're not supporting the club financially, through the CC. Beer money spent elsewhere will be going straight into the very deep pockets of publicans and brewers.

Handled well today.

:D

handled well?

would suggest, that only way it could be handled well is for the club to decide and publish what the rules are:

either open to all

or

only open to season ticket holders ( business suicide imho)

Better it too full than half empty as it was today surely. I've been turned away before cos it was busy and I was later than normal, went elsewhere not a problem. Annoying when you consider I go every week but that's the price of success (whether it be a promotion, 'big' Sky game or team doing well who cares) no need to get uppity over it. Next game I went up as usual.

Better it too full than half empty as it was today surely. I've been turned away before cos it was busy and I was later than normal, went elsewhere not a problem. Annoying when you consider I go every week but that's the price of success (whether it be a promotion, 'big' Sky game or team doing well who cares) no need to get uppity over it. Next game I went up as usual.

Exactly, its rarely been mobbed when I have been in. If I was turned away because it was full no problem, but it pisses me off that I can go in one week and not the next when its clearly not full!