The Motherwell Defence

trafficlight

Just in from game. Big Kyle scratched and bit and elbowed and kicked and we still stood tall.

As somebody behind me pointed out in the first half, Kyle was Motherwell's best defender today! The guy is a donkey.

Take nothing away from the defence though, they did look solid with a great 'keeper behind them.

I think today was my 2nd game of the season. I tried not to go too often because before today I had never seen them win!

How about you mate?

:P

Each attempt a disaster, either illness or postponement so far this season, but we'll be back. It's a long trip but we'll make it eventually.

:P

Each attempt a disaster, either illness or postponement so far this season, but we'll be back. It's a long trip but we'll make it eventually.

It certainly is a long way, mate. I used to do a similar journey every weekend. My sister no longer lives in Manchester, but our head office is there so next time I'm down I'll have to give you a shout!

I think its down to keeping a settled back four and keeper, and having a hard working midfield in front of them. Jack and Victor must take credit too, as they must have had an influence on the training field.

Now, all we need to do is start scoring a few more....

the credit has to go to the back seven. ruddy, the four defenders and jenno and las in front of them. it's been a great run and i can see it going on for a while.

i'm sure someone said it'd be impossible for us to keep a clean sheet :D

Aye wouldn't be surprised if that get quote gets played to the team in the dressing room before each match.

Do any auld diehards know of a better defensive sequence for the club?

I went back on Soccerbase earlier on and couldn't find a better unbeaten run than the one we're on as far back as 1995/96 when I stopped checking, I'd assume it'll be the same for shut outs.