Top 6 Assured

LadywellToi

Looking at the table, how the teams below us are doing and our current total of 41 points (21 coming in the last 9 games and 20 in the 17 games before - Gannon era and transition vs. Hearts), is it safe to say we've achieved something that a lot of us would have been more than happy with pre-season with the mire we were left with.

We have 6 games left before the split with 6 pointers at home to Hearts and Dundee Utd. and the toughest challenge (well maybe not considering their defence) against Celtic at Parkhead.

Aberdeen are rotten, dressing room problems (not that we'd know about that) and ambivalent squad. No need to say anything about the management.

Hearts are having a bounce with the reintroduction of Jefferies and are the only real serious challenge due to the fact they are 4 points behind.

However, lets be honest, Hibs form of late is poor and Dundee have been up and down since Levein was replaced.

Saint Johnstone are my biggest fear just now. Three games in hand over us, and their run-in isn't particularly difficult. That's why a win for us next Saturday I feel would end their challenge. If we lose, they are 10 behind with three in hand (home to Aberdeen and Falkirk, and also away to Falkirk, all winnable.).

Put it beyond doubt by winning next week, we'd go 16 clear of them and they'd have a maximum of 18 points before the split. Including a game at Parkhead, they won't do that.

Aberdeen have seven games before the split and St Johnstone have nine. I think Hearts will finish in the top 6 so I would say we were a win and a draw away from securing a top half finish. Four points from our next eightenn should (on current form) be something we should be able to achieve.

Saint Johnstone are my biggest fear just now. Three games in hand over us, and their run-in isn't particularly difficult. That's why a win for us next Saturday I feel would end their challenge. If we lose, they are 10 behind with three in hand (home to Aberdeen and Falkirk, and also away to Falkirk, all winnable.).

Put it beyond doubt by winning next week, we'd go 16 clear of them and they'd have a maximum of 18 points before the split. Including a game at Parkhead, they won't do that.

Is one of their games in hand not against Rangers?

we're only 4 points of 3rd now and given that 60 points usually gets 3rd we only need 6 more wins to get 60.don't see why not,imo anything lower than 5th would be a dissapointment and if the cup final is between 2 of the top 4 then 5th gets europe. :D

Now that is positive thinking. Sadly 6 more wins would only give us 59 :(

If we can secure four or five points at least over the next 3 games then the Top Six is pretty much guaranteed as far as I'm concerned. After that then we will definitely be in the European shake-up, which could be made easier if two from the top four reach in the Scottish Cup Final.

Can't believe where we are given where we were pre-season and again in mid December.

I wasn't happy with the Craig Brown appointment, however I'm eating my words big time on that :huh:

Whatever happens between now and the end of the season MFC have proved many in the media wrong - those who had us favourite for the drop, and save a wee bad spell in Nov/Dec we could have been pushing for a Top-2 place.

The Rollercoaster Ride is quite remarkable.

Aye take the games where we went in at half time ahead. Dundee United and Aberdeen spring to mind. The 2 Rangers games as has been previously mentioned. That would be another 8 points. But football is all ifs and buts. We will be in Europe again next year and we will finish 3rd there is not a better team than us outwith the OF. Hibs are on there way down and I think Dundee United will fall as well. It is between ourselves and Hearts.