Record Breakers?

Guest 'Flow

Guest 'Flow

Dunno if thas been mentioned elsewhere but....

8 clean sheets from 9 league games is just about our best clean sheet / defensive run in our entire history!

Closest I can find - after some very brief research - is 6 from 7 league games in 1931/32 and 7 from 8 in 1968/69 (although, that was seven consecutive clean sheets which is our best on the bounce).

All hail Broon! :D

following up on the new record have Jack and Victor had then best start to managing Motherwell?

I can't recall what his record was but I'm sure McLeish had a good run when started but I sure it wasn't as good as J+V.

Dunno if thas been mentioned elsewhere but....

8 clean sheets from 9 league games is just about our best clean sheet / defensive run in our entire history!

Closest I can find - after some very brief research - is 6 from 7 league games in 1931/32 and 7 from 8 in 1968/69 (although, that was seven consecutive clean sheets which is our best on the bounce).

All hail Broon! :huh:

Not a record - yet!

We kept 9 clean sheets in 10 matches in season 1995/96, including 7 clean sheets in a row. The only team to breach the defence during this period was - some things never change - Rangers, who beat us 3-2 at Ibrox.

The back five that played virtually every game was: - Howie, May, Martin, McCart, van der Gaag and McKinnon.

Not a record - yet!

We kept 9 clean sheets in 10 matches in season 1995/96, including 7 clean sheets in a row. The only team to breach the defence during this period was - some things never change - Rangers, won beat us 3-2 at Ibrox.

The back five that played virtually every game was: - Howie, May, Martin, McCart, van der Gaag and McKinnon.

That not a back six? :lol:

Brian Martin scored a real cracker a Ibrox that day IIRC.

[quote name='Bill Bones' date='Mar 2 2010, 05:24 AM

Brian Martin scored a real cracker a Ibrox that day IIRC.

Aye i remember the Screamin Skull scoring that beaut of a goal & i also seem to recall that The Big Shagger van der Gaag went his whole Motherwell career without scoring then scored the winner with a scorching free kick in his last game for us. Could be wrong about that but would happy to be reminded of any other goals he scored.

Could be wrong about that but would happy to be reminded of any other goals he scored.

Clearly remember him scoring against Raith Rovers, with the 'Well fans sitting in the L shaped stand at Starks Park. Dougie scored that day as well.

I liked going to Kirkcaldy we'd usually run up a score, except the one time it really mattered of course!

Not a record - yet!

We kept 9 clean sheets in 10 matches in season 1995/96, including 7 clean sheets in a row. The only team to breach the defence during this period was - some things never change - Rangers, who beat us 3-2 at Ibrox.

I make that run as eight league clean sheets out of nine. Two before a Cup loss to Aberdeen and the Ibrox game before six more clean sheets.

The run started with a 0-0 against Hibs that was the eighth game in a row where we failed to score a goal.

I make that run as eight league clean sheets out of nine. Two before a Cup loss to Aberdeen and the Ibrox game before six more clean sheets.

The run started with a 0-0 against Hibs that was the eighth game in a row where we failed to score a goal.

True, I didn't think to look at the cup matches still if you go by league runs then I still make it 9 out of 10.

Jan 20 Hibs 0-0

Jan 23 Falkirk 1-0

[SC Jan 27 Aberdeen 0-2]

Feb 10 Rangers 2-3

Feb 13 Aberdeen 1-0

Feb 24 Raith 1-0

Mar 02 Falkirk 1-0

Mar 16 Kilmarnock 1-0

Mar 23 Celtic 0-0

Mar 30 Partick 2-0

Apr 06 Hibs 3-0

True, I didn't think to look at the cup matches still if you go by league runs then I still make it 9 out of 10.

Jan 20 Hibs 0-0

Jan 23 Falkirk 1-0

[SC Jan 27 Aberdeen 0-2]

Feb 10 Rangers 2-3

Feb 13 Aberdeen 1-0

Feb 24 Raith 1-0

Mar 02 Falkirk 1-0

Mar 16 Kilmarnock 1-0

Mar 23 Celtic 0-0

Mar 30 Partick 2-0

Apr 06 Hibs 3-0

Ah yes, I'd missed a Falkirk game trying to read Well Again without my glasses! Why don't they just list games in the order they were played in Well Again!