Reynolds To Psv? (rumour)

Sweeney

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

500K for a player with a year left on contract in the summer is not to be sniffed at. With apperance clause and sell on fee, we could make a little money. Personally i think Reynolds has learned as much as he can from the SPL and i think a telent like him should be looking on to bigger things. With PSV he has more chance of league and cup success and playing in Europe. At Blackburn he will be playing for a mediocre club with a manager whos players kick the opposition until they submitt and i feel this wouldnt be good for his game. On the plus the EPL is the best league in the world.

That is if the rumours are true. and aye if he goes to a big team in the summer he will get a call up for the national side.

I'm bemused by how most of you are happy to accept £500k.

Without doubt, he 's a million pound player in my book, even with just 12 months left on his contract. Remember how much Lee Miller went for in Jan!?

With regards the rumours, I'd be delighted for Reynolds if he was to get a move to PSV. I think he would develop well in Holland and the fact that such a prestegious club are reportedly interested is an added bonus.

Without doubt, he 's a million pound player in my book, even with just 12 months left on his contract.

Fine, you buy him then :) Otherwise, unfortunately, he's worth exactly what people are prepared to offer us; no more, no less.

I heard romour that the Tims want are looking at buying Ruddy for 350k if we were to sell Gingernuts for 500k we could potentially outbid them, and considering we have the upper hand cause he' been here a year i think we would signe Ruddy

I heard romour that the Tims want are looking at buying Ruddy for 350k if we were to sell Gingernuts for 500k we could potentially outbid them, and considering we have the upper hand cause he' been here a year i think we would signe Ruddy

Nice idea b ut I don't think we could match the salary they could offer.

Too many negative/defeatist/downtrodden attitiudes in our support :wacko:

it not what others value him at it's what Motherwell value him at that matters

and hopefully the club realise he's worth a lot more than many on here think

had to laugh at someone saying his value had dropped tdue to his drop in form :unsure:

we've just went ten game and conceded two goals

£1.25 Million or the Euro equivalent Dank U Zeer,

Good, chance of a wee bidding war like on ebay. :unsure:

£500K's a good starting point to the negotiations, no way should we accept that as a final figure though.

Yip, still agree with this reasoning. Two clubs apparently looking at him and we will take £500,000? The extra interest is the only bargaining power a club like ours can have.

Some think Reynolds should be punted for nothing. Craig Brown can't speak highly enough of him.

Would he have capped him for Scotland though? :)

I imagine Brown would be keen to keep him but cashing in on him during the summer seems the only option.

That was 2 years ago. Less money in the game this season, and I doubt you would see Rangers offering 750k now.

Be nice to see a bidding war start though and Broon sounds like he is doing a good job in talking him up. Pity Levein didn't call him up for the friendly as that would have likely added another hundred grand to the asking price. Just need to price International Appearances as a clause in the transfer.

Agree 100%. We should be friends.

£500k and we wouldn't have to face him in Old Firm colours. With the sell on clause, this sounds about right. However, are sell on clauses poular these days? I bet Livingston wish they had tied up Dorrans on one. They could have avoided administration.

We've more or less put a flag up saying "someone please buy Mark Reynolds" but its not to finance transfer movements its to keep the wolf from the door. We need to sell Reynolds because we are losing money with gates down and tv money diminished and need to keep bringing in transfer fees.

The idea that we could get 350K to spend from a 500K fee for Reynolds to bring in players its naive to say the least.

If any money is made available it will be for a players annual wage, not for transfer fees. The days of us spending 350K on transfer fees are over, forget it.

We've more or less put a flag up saying "someone please buy Mark Reynolds" but its not to finance transfer movements its to keep the wolf from the door. We need to sell Reynolds because we are losing money with gates down and tv money diminished and need to keep bringing in transfer fees.

The idea that we could get 350K to spend from a 500K fee for Reynolds to bring in players its naive to say the least.

If any money is made available it will be for a players annual wage, not for transfer fees. The days of us spending 350K on transfer fees are over, forget it.

Agree with your post. There's next to no chance Ruddy will be here next season, and we certainly won't be paying £350k for a player but our average gate is almost identical this season as it was last year, and the year before that as well. Around the 5,500 mark.

Agree with your post. There's next to no chance Ruddy will be here next season, and we certainly won't be paying £350k for a player but our average gate is almost identical this season as it was last year, and the year before that as well. Around the 5,500 mark.

Yeah but generally attendances are down. Our average attendance dropped by 1,500 between season 2004/05 and last season (6,960 to 5,521).

Our current average attendance is the worst in the last 10 years although it might improve if we have some big Battle for Europe type matches; against that Celtic probably won't bring a big support and we might have them twice at Fir Park.

Average attendance 98/99 was about 8500.

Aye, because it was about £1 to get in against Dunfermline and Dundee Utd. Home games against St.Johnstone and Dundee drew the usual crowd of around 5,000-odd. I think in recent years we've seen the disappearance of the casual spectator and the reduction across the board of away supports. Hom crowds remain roughly the same I reckon.