European Football

GazzyB

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we will finish 3rd, no problem.

:thumbup:

Europe here we come.... a nice wee jaunt to Western Europe, Germany, Belgium, France (somewhere easier to get to than Nancy) or anywhere really.

The team is playing with so much confidence just now I cannot see us blowing it.

Hibs are being found out big time and Utd are realising the manager is just the assistant manager with a different jacket on. They will struggle to pick up points in the run in.

I missed out on the trips away this year but loved Nancy last year :cheers: and will definately be going when we qualify.

We're full of Buckfast and Well fans oh Motherwell is wonderful :cheers:

For me when the split happens Well, Utd & Hibs will still be really close with Utd probably just in 3rd by a baw hair. Who finishes 3rd could all depend on the post split fixture list. Knowing our luck we'll get drawn away to both Utd & Hibs giving them both an advantage in the race for 3rd & 4th place.

When is the Cup draw? Hopefully the old heated balls will be in use. Reasonably confident we can finsih 4th or above but it'd be nice if Rangers/Dundee Utd and Celtic avoided each other.

We missed out in 1999/2000 when finishing fourth. The place went to Cup runners-up Aberdeen who lost on away goals to Bohemians.

When is the Cup draw? Hopefully the old heated balls will be in use. Reasonably confident we can finsih 4th or above but it'd be nice if Rangers/Dundee Utd and Celtic avoided each other.

We missed out in 1999/2000 when finishing fourth. The place went to Cup runners-up Aberdeen who lost on away goals to Bohemians.

We ended the season needing to win our last three (which we did, including 2-1 at Tannadice (a fine Don Goodman double) and giving Rangers their only away defeat all season on the final day) but thanks to McLeish and Hibs being unable to win at Tynecastle we lost our sadly.....

We ended the season needing to win our last three (which we did, including 2-1 at Tannadice (a fine Don Goodman double) and giving Rangers their only away defeat all season on the final day) but thanks to McLeish and Hibs being unable to win at Tynecastle we lost our sadly.....

Yes, I have a bittersweet memory of running onto the pitch at full-time thinking we had done it, due to some lying toad with a tranny...

That all but confirms europe in my opinion.

Possibly a little nervy of Raith, especially if rangers fail to beat united. Not all that worried though.

Im also pretty confident we can make 3rd... unsure if thats the best place for us to enter europe though, I quite liked the competitive pre season friendlies last year.

i think we're going to have to start calling craigie broon goldenbaws. everything has went our way since he took over B-)

hearts were a sorry lot on saturday, i can't see them catching us at all. add in that united have tough a replay on the wednesday before we head up there next saturday is good news as well.

i think we're going to have to start calling craigie broon goldenbaws. everything has went our way since he took over B-)

hearts were a sorry lot on saturday, i can't see them catching us at all. add in that united have tough a replay on the wednesday before we head up there next saturday is good news as well.

Aye see it was just tactics us dropping out the cups early!

You better not jinx this guys i'm still one off the dare to dream brigade!!!

We've been incredible since broon took over and this would be a fitting reward for the players they deserve it mon a rangers and celtic final!!!!

Oh just a question if one of the old firm win the final against a team outside the top 4 in the spl would they get the european place as a runner up?

We as a nation really need to make some serious headway on this co efficient so i'm hoping for rangers celtic,motherwell,dundee utd and hibs to take 5th.

We done great last year i can see us holding on to a few of our players if we qualify fingers crossed our clubs season for next year will be decided in the next few games no pressure lads lol!!!

Happy feckin days!!

Surely to Christ the Scottish Cup Final will be contested between 2 of Rangers/Celtic/Dundee Utd/Hibs. Surely!!

Even though the safety net is there for 5th place, the target is now 3rd place. However, if after 38 games, we're in 5th place, that will still be a fucking unbelievebale achievement considering where we were 9 months ago.

Credit must go to everyone within MFC for the way our season has went, even Jim Gannon!

Viva Motherwell!

I agree if either raith or County make the Final they deserve to make Europe as they have tough games. That means we need to continue on the run we are on and finish as high as we can.

We are nestled in top 6 just now and are in a 3 way fight for 3/4/5 place so lets hope we make top 4. 5th is still an acheivement though.

We're close but we're not there. I think the fact that Hearts/St J/Aberdeen have nearly all their games left v the top six should ensure we have done enough because they are all not good enough to string that many results together against good opponents. However if we get 52 points that should sew it up for us. Part of me thinks coming 5th is ideal as it would allow us a run and in all probability a couple of victories. However competitive games in July will lead to a second short close season in a row and Mark Reynolds suffered for that when he went to Canada for those U20s World Cup so I think we aim as high as we can.

Just spotted the cup draw. Excellent. All going our way for Europe three years on the trot. Now this IS premature but has anybody digged out the dates when the ties would be if we finish 3rd/4th/5th? I have just started a new job and would like to get my request in the minute it has been confirmed (if it does indeed happen).