Bring A Friend For Free - Season Ticket Holders.

Robyn

Bring a friend for free.

Bring a friend for free Thursday, 18 March 2010

At Falkirk

The club are delighted to announce that all season tickets holders can bring a friend for free when Motherwell face Falkirk on Saturday 3rd April.

The Steelmen are battling hard with Dundee United and Hibs for third spot and with Craig Brown's boys playing some terrific football, our season ticket holders are encouraged to bring a friend along for the first time or even a "lapsed" fan to make a return for this vital clash against Stephen Pressley's side.

And getting into the ground couldn't be simpler. Whilst season ticket holders will use the normal system (voucher 16), all guests will need is Voucher F from the back of the book. No redeeming of tickets before hand is required - it really is that easy.

General Manager Leeann Dempster said, "Craig Brown and Archie Knox have the boys playing some terrific football and we're in the hunt for third place.

"Our season ticket holders can play an ambassador role for the team by encouraging people to come along. The idea isn't about giving a voucher to someone waiting at the turnstile, planning to pay in. It's about our fans recreating the "Nancy" atmosphere inside Fir Park to help inspire the team to victory.

"I am sure everyone will know a 'Well fan who can't or won't go to games for whatever reason. It's those people we want encourage along to show off just how well we are playing, whilst at the same time, helping to build a big atmosphere for what will be a vital game if we're to secure a European spot for the third time in three years."

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

• Guests must be at the turnstile at the same time as the Season Ticket Holder and the Turnstile Operator will remove both vouchers.
  • In light of the expected increase in attendance, please leave plenty of time when travelling to the ground to avoid queuing close to kick-off.
  • Guests should be aware that many seats in all three home stands are reserved for season ticket holders and they may be asked to relocate should they sit on one.

Could it work? With a match that would probably be below 4000 - its certainly the right time to try it.

Hopefully we will see a difference.

Looks good to me, fair play Motherwell.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual the only people to benefit from it are non season ticket holders. Thanks.

Also what happened to the promised range of initiatives that would be announced throughout the year for ST holders.... nothing as usual.

Wont work anyway, will be the same crowd with a lower income.

As usual the only people to benefit from it are non season ticket holders. Thanks.

Also what happened to the promised range of initiatives that would be announced throughout the year for ST holders.... nothing as usual.

That's the spirit! :lol:

Just announced the first one :lol:

What initiative do you want exactly? A seat warmer? A hostess to deliver you a pint and a blowjob?

Get a grip. The club are trying their best to get bums on seats and all you can think about is yourself.

You bought the season ticket on the basis you would get into all the home games, no idea what else you want!

ST holders get in for cheaper and have a guaranteed seat. They don't need anything else.

Can someone from the club clarify

does the friend have to be the same as the season ticket holder

i.e can my nephew (juvenile) invite along his dad (adult)

or a concession invite an adult..........

Well I was going to bring my midget sex slave. She is excited about getting out the house for the first time this year.She is an adult, but might pass as a jivenile. So looks like I am covered!

What initiative do you want exactly? A seat warmer? A hostess to deliver you a pint and a blowjob?

Get a grip. The club are trying their best to get bums on seats and all you can think about is yourself.

You bought the season ticket on the basis you would get into all the home games, no idea what else you want!

For the club to actually keep promises they make... how demanding of me.

Surely season ticket holders don't view life like that.

You buy yer book to support the club with money up front and benefit from a slight concessionary admission price should you manage to attend all the games. that's enough is it not. Why get bent out of shape when the club - who at best, without the sale of players, are on a break even basis - try out an incentive to get more people inside the ground.

The challenge for every ST holder from now is to make arrangements with somebody to come along with them to a game and say to them - d'ye no' fancy headin to the ark more often.

season ticket holders who view this as a breach of their trust / priviledged position need to have a wee word with themsels

The only downside I can see to this is that i'd struggle to get anyone to come along to the game knowing that they were gonna have to sit on their own, possibly rows or even sections away from they person they came with.

Really don't understand the "whats in it for me though" stance from a season ticket holder. Initiatives like this aren't designed to benefit non-season ticket holders either, they are designed to benefit the club and the team!!

My first point isn't a criticism at all, more of a reason why i'd struggle to take advantage of this particular offer...but good on the club for exploring possibilities and looking to maximize the gate.

Thats the main reason I think we would be able to cope with a blanket drop in ticket prices. The focus has always been on bringing back lapsed season ticket holders etc...and rightly so, but these days the cost of football means that fans will maybe choose only 5 or 6 away games over the course of a season that they particularly want to go to for various reasons (distance, cost, rivalry etc etc) and our safety net for dropping the prices would be provided by the fact that if we were to announce that it was a blanket £16 for an adult to get into Fir Park for the next 2 seasons, we would instantly become the away fixture of choice for potential travelling fans of every single SPL club.

Thats over and above the difference it would make to our own support...and im sure every one of us know people who stay away because of price.

In addition to that, our own away crowds would rise, because how many people do you hear saying "I dont go to away games anymore, because home games are expensive enough."

Longer term other clubs would see that as a model, it worked...and they would eventually be forced to follow suit.

I've actually laid out a plan for it in full a couple of times, and i've never come across anything to suggest that it wouldn't work as long as you get the pivot point correct between the amount you drop the price, and the amount of extra people who attend. Balance that correctly, and the very very worst you can do is maintain the status quo as far as gate income is concerned. Anything above that and you're making a better profit, playing in front of bigger total crowds (not just home crowds), and making in-roads to changing and reversing the SPL trend.

It's an absolute fallacy to suggest that you need the whole league to change in order to make a difference. Anyone that believes that, just isn't putting enough effort into ideas. Lead...don't follow.

The other 10 really should get together and do some sort away season ticket deal add-on to your season ticket and pool the money to be split or something, but it'll never happen as everyone is out for themselves.

Good idea from the club though.

Think this idea has been tried before without much success.

Would be better dropping prices to £10 and £5 or giving free tickets to local schools.

That idea has been about since I was at school though and that wasn't yesterday.

Think this idea has been tried before without much success.

Would be better dropping prices to £10 and £5 or giving free tickets to local schools.

Why would dropping the price of entry for a non-season ticket holder to £10 be more successful than dropping it to £0? :D

I don't actually think this is a very good idea.

This is the first season in ages that I've not had a season ticket but almost everyone in my boat will know someone that does have a season ticket so I'll probably be taking advantage of his and getting in for free when I'd usually be paying at the game.

Also 'Season Ticket holders you paid full whack and your pal doesnae'. As we've already seen this is likely to upset some people and to be fair putting aside all the arguments about the reasons people buy season tickets that is a little unfair.

Would have been better to either reduce prices to a level that would actual attract a bigger crowd (say £10 or even £5) or give out free tickets at schools.

Also one of the major reasons attendances are down in the SPL is that its so expensive most cannot afford to travel to away games. Are we doing anything to encourage away supporters to come to the ground? In my opinion its much easier to introduce initiatives to attract 500 or 1,000 away supporters to come to your ground than it is to attract neutrals. Not only does it improve the atmosphere in the ground (please don't put them in the top tier unless the bottom tier is full!" it also brings in additional revenue to the club.

This is the first season in ages that I've not had a season ticket but almost everyone in my boat will know someone that does have a season ticket so I'll probably be taking advantage of his and getting in for free when I'd usually be paying at the game.

This is true, but chances are you'll buy said pal a couple of pints so they'll make out of it - no need for a furore.

Also 'Season Ticket holders you paid full whack and your pal doesnae'. As we've already seen this is likely to upset some people and to be fair putting aside all the arguments about the reasons people buy season tickets that is a little unfair.

anybody i'm getting in for free better get the pies and the pints in :D