5 Years Today

likely_lad

Great build up to game and honestly thought we could win it. Good bounce at Partridge goal when we were back in it for about 5 minutes but that was about it!

Agree the semi against Celtic was worse, we should have been about 4-1 up before Maloneys goal! :D

we done ourselves proud that day. am steemin but like we are motherwell :D we hung our heads high after that game. the butcher speech when a crowd was in the cooper was fantastic. well played motherwell.

and the thing we will all remember is

hearts 2

motherwell 3 (fitzpatrick) 120 mins

we will have our year. it might be next or the year after but one thing is

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee are the motherwell fc

we hate the hearts and we hate dundee

we will go whereever you may be

cause we are the boys of the MFC!!!

The day of the final was a memorable one. We had open door at ours with breakest and bevvy on the menu! It was paty time before and after the match despite the outcome, after all we don't reach too many finals do we?!!

I agree fully about the Shellic semi the year after, a total injustice and felt so bad for Kaiser, who was immense until the late abberation.

Canny believe folk saying they left. Mental. Had a cracking day out.

Totally with the Celtic semi final chat though, I couldn't speak on the way home, I was so angry.

I don't really get this.

For a start there was no trophy at stake and secondly at least in that Celtic match we turned up and gave them a game.

I was gutted at the Celtic match but at least you could walk away with your head held high - not something you could do at the League Cup Final.

I still can't believe Maurice Ross chipped Marshall from 20 yards... game finished right there. no matter the result you don't leave until the game is done.

The celtic semi was heartbreaking, watching it back how high did ritchie foran jump to score that goal???? The flask came on that game for a debut (?) just couldn't get the second goal, McDonald was pulled down for a stick on pen too.... just typical!

ahh well always next year.

Lee

Losing in the last minute, against a team we weren't expected to beat, in a game we deserved to win is more gutting than losing a game in the first 30 minutes, against a team we weren't expected to beat, in a game we didn't deserve to win IMO.

I also nearly cried at that game but the Scotland - Italy game in 2007 is the only game that has succeeded in making me cry.