Loanees (page + Smith)

Shaka

Anyone heard anything of the 2 guys we have out on loan, I know Jon Page scored 2 yesterday + has played 5 full games in his time at Stirling Albion + Darren Smith was an unused sub in his 1st game, then started 2 (got subbed in 2nd game) before dissappearing. Anyone heard why Dairylea didnt make an impact? or how well Page has been playing?

Seemed to work for Ross Forbes last year + sounds like its gonna be a feature next season,loaning the youngsters to get experience so was wondering if its been worth it for these guys

Page is just unlucky as we already have Reynolds,Hutch,Saunders,Crags for centre half,but I remember Gannon saying he`d make a cracking right back, maybe this could be the thing to help push Hateley back into his holding mid role? Tho with how well Jennings + Lasley are doing? do we need Hateley in there?

I quote a Stirling Albion fan...

I've seen him twice so far. He's been playing as a centre back. His positioning has been excellent and he reads the game well. He doesn't try to do too much, unlike quite a few players from the SPL that we've had. Keeps it simple but isn't a no nonsense player. Generally looks to make a simple pass rather than just hoofing it clear. In the other 2 games that he's played that I didn't see, he was apparently excellent in the 1st (assistant manager said he was our best player) but he struggled in the other, playing on the left hand side of a back 3 due to both our left backs being unavailable. I'd put that down to a tactical fuck up by our manager. The opposition played 4-4-2 and exploited the wings on both sides and the manager never did anything about it so it sounds like he was hung out to dry.

That was posted before Saturday's game

He scored twice at the weekend against East Fife in their 3-0 win. Interestingly, the Binos other goal came from ex-Dosser Stuart Elliott, who Accies have already punted out on loan!

He scored twice at the weekend against East Fife in their 3-0 win. Interestingly, the Binos other goal came from ex-Dosser Stuart Elliott, who Accies have already punted out on loan!

Sounds promising for Page then. Definately happy weve started doing this, could really benefit our young guys instead of them sitting in the stand or on the bench doing nothing for long periods

Calling Ross Forbes, Calling Ross Forbes, Ross Forbes are you recieving me?

Gotta say I don't really rate Forbes as highly as many others given what I've seen of him this season.

I get what you're saying Gaag, but like Jenno and The Duke etc. i think he'll be an excellent nay exceptional player if he adds to one aspect of his game - via a bit of strength / agression / stamina.

I think the heavy close season burned him out and he probably could be doing with a targetted individual training program if he's not already on that.

My point is that not all loan moves are 100% successfull for young guys. the one for Forbes was limited and he now finds himself back on the outskirts of the action - after a year at Dumbarton

Overall though - I think I'm more in favour of watching a young guy develop into our own team - in the way that so many have done in the past. Whether that's Phil, Clarky, Reynolds, Faddy, Hutch, Saunders or whoever.

Sure there are shaky games and all that - but that's all part of the appeal. I like our tradition in throwing these guys in and reaping the rewards. I don't need to see the finished article in positions 1 to 11 every week - a few unpolished diamonds are what we've always been all about.

Farming them out on loan, I suppose may be necessitated by the loss of the reserves, but it just seems to me like another we part of our tradition that we're losing.

My point is that not all loan moves are 100% successfull for young guys. the one for Forbes was limited and he now finds himself back on the outskirts of the action - after a year at Dumbarton

Agreed, although there's no guarantee for any transfer I suppose. I think at roughly the same time Forbes was helping Dumbarton to promotion, Mark Archdeacon was having a bit of a nightmare at Albion Rovers, so yeah its not going to be sweetness and light all the time.

But I do think as things stand if we have the strength in depth to cope with a couple going out, loan deals for the fringe youngsters offer us and the player more positves than negatives.

Its perhaps one of the downsides of not having a reserve side that there's a few "in-betweeners" stuck between the 19's and the first team so it makes sense to keep them match fit, gain experience and build up some confidence by letting them go out and loan. It also puts them in the shop window if they prove not to have a future at the club.