Top 6 Confirmed

samson1886

As I understand it, this is how it should pan out....

Rangers 33 - 17 home 16 away - split - 2h3a

Celtic 33 - 16 home 17 away - split - 3h2a

Dundee United 16 home 17 away - split - 3h2a

Hibs 17 home 16 away - split - 2h3a

Motherwell 16 home 17 away - split - 3h2a

Hearts 16 home 17 away - split - 3h2a

Saint Johnstone 16 home 17 away - split - 3h2a

Aberdeen 17 home 16 away - split - 2h3a

Hamilton 17 home 16 away - split - 2h3a

Saint Mirren 17 home 16 away - split - 2h3a

Kilmarnock 17 home 16 away - split - 2h3a

Falkirk 16 home 17 away - split - 3h2a

To have it all fit nicely, i.e. each team to be 19 home and away, Aberdeen would be the best option for the top six.

As I understand it, this is how it should pan out....

Rangers 33 - 17 home 16 away - split - 2h3a

Celtic 33 - 16 home 17 away - split - 3h2a

Dundee United 16 home 17 away - split - 3h2a

Hibs 17 home 16 away - split - 2h3a

Motherwell 16 home 17 away - split - 3h2a

Hearts 16 home 17 away - split - 3h2a

Saint Johnstone 16 home 17 away - split - 3h2a

Aberdeen 17 home 16 away - split - 2h3a

Hamilton 17 home 16 away - split - 2h3a

Saint Mirren 17 home 16 away - split - 2h3a

Kilmarnock 17 home 16 away - split - 2h3a

Falkirk 16 home 17 away - split - 3h2a

To have it all fit nicely, i.e. each team to be 19 home and away, Aberdeen would be the best option for the top six.

Interesting stuff. I thought they just balanced up the home / away status of the teams that are in each half.

i.e. Shellic - would be at home as we've already been away twice and R*****s would be away as we've had them at home twice.

So like el-pidge I was counting on only two home games - Shellic and Dungdee Utd

Interesting stuff. I thought they just balanced up the home / away status of the teams that are in each half.

i.e. Shellic - would be at home as we've already been away twice and R*****s would be away as we've had them at home twice.

So like el-pidge I was counting on only two home games - Shellic and Dungdee Utd

It doesn't always work that way. We could actually have both old firm at Fir park after the split.

Having said that with more snow forecast for this week we could have 5 away games after the split. :D

I don't think that can happen.

Rangers and Celtic are guaranteed 19 home and 19 away games and also playing each other twice home and away over the season.

The other top six team are guaranteed 4 home games against the OF. The only way that can happen is for them both to play away from home twice each (excluding OF game) which is one away game against the other four teams.

I don't think that can happen.

Rangers and Celtic are guaranteed 19 home and 19 away games and also playing each other twice home and away over the season.

The other top six team are guaranteed 4 home games against the OF. The only way that can happen is for them both to play away from home twice each (excluding OF game) which is one away game against the other four teams.

Sorry mate not much of that is accurate and if you look back over the SPL years you'll see that every year, the fair and balanced competition argument is blown out the water.

Ask any Rangers fans you know and they'll tell you that 3 or 4 years they've been up to Pittodrie 3 times in a season.

the only thing that is Guaranteed is the old firm derby games will be balanced, just another point in the bias the SPL shows them, when no other club is Guaranteed anything

the same as they will do everything possible to ensure the league is not decided in the old firm game.

its a farce that everybody puts up with every year.

and no team is guaranteed the 2 Rangers/ 2 Celtic home games either, it'll work out for some but not for every team.

I think I worked it out and posted somewhere else we shoud be due 4 home games, but doubt that'll happen, but it's a game of chance because after seeing the old firm games balanced thats what happens.

edit: even the bottom half is unfair usually, I'm sure Falkirk had to go to Love street 3 times one year when they were in a relegation battle, caused a fair stooshie with the Bairns fan I know

There's an almost Celtic fan level of paranoia in that statement, Wellfan1984.

Ra Shellic don't have a monopoly on paranoia you know, it's just the rest of us have more reason to think the world's against us. :P

They are better at it though, considering they don't really have much cause. :P

Sorry mate not much of that is accurate and if you look back over the SPL years you'll see that every year, the fair and balanced competition argument is blown out the water.

Ask any Rangers fans you know and they'll tell you that 3 or 4 years they've been up to Pittodrie 3 times in a season.

the only thing that is Guaranteed is the old firm derby games will be balanced, just another point in the bias the SPL shows them, when no other club is Guaranteed anything

the same as they will do everything possible to ensure the league is not decided in the old firm game.

its a farce that everybody puts up with every year.

and no team is guaranteed the 2 Rangers/ 2 Celtic home games either, it'll work out for some but not for every team.

I think I worked it out and posted somewhere else we shoud be due 4 home games, but doubt that'll happen, but it's a game of chance because after seeing the old firm games balanced thats what happens.

edit: even the bottom half is unfair usually, I'm sure Falkirk had to go to Love street 3 times one year when they were in a relegation battle, caused a fair stooshie with the Bairns fan I know

You've said none of what I've said is accurate, which of the three statements I made are inaccurate.

Rangers and Celtic are guaranteed 19 home and 19 away games a season.

They are guaranteed 2 home and 2 away against each other.

I said the other teams in the top 6 are guaranteed 4 home game over the season against the OF (that may work out as 3 home against Rangers or 3 against Celtic)

As for due 4 home games we've already played 15 with one to go before the split so are only due 3 to make it up to 19.

Not once have did I say it was fair and unbiased.

Teams are only guaranteed an even number of homes and aways if they finish in the half of the league they are predicted to (we have not ) - but the SPL tries to balance things out ie 19 homes & 19 aways if at all possible.

Teams finishing in the top six are guaranteed a home game against one of the OF. Other than playing one half of the OF we are guaranteed one other home game, but hopefully two. You'd imagine one home game would be against Dundee United.

Remember the last time we were in a battle for third with Hibs and United Hibs were incensed that they had to go to Tannadice three times. Last twice us and United have been in bottom six one of us had three home games. There are no guarantees except that the Glasgow derby will be at Parkhead and the Edinburgh one at Easter Road.

Remember the last time we were in a battle for third with Hibs and United Hibs were incensed that they had to go to Tannadice three times. Last twice us and United have been in bottom six one of us had three home games. There are no guarantees except that the Glasgow derby will be at Parkhead and the Edinburgh one at Easter Road.

Current East Stand reconstruction may put paid to that. Lothian and Borders apparently uneasy on plans to house both supports...

• 2 weeks later...

I know, but two to a Celtic team who are perhaps the most rank in their history and playing like they desperately all want to be somewhere else. And one to a Rangers team who by then will already have slapped their sunscream on and looked out their passports.

We have a fight on our hands to finish 5th now I'd say. Need 7 or 8 points from the last 6 games, and 3 of thoe games are away to the Old Firm!!!

I agree we've got a terrible deal from the fixtures but you are suggesting Hearts are going to pick up 11 points more than us by saying we need 7 or 8 points for fifth

I'd think 8 points would get us very close to fourth as long as we beat Hibs to get them

5 points should see fifth secured

but its all down to the Hearts game, I'd say its now the biggest we have to face ( that'll all change week to week tho', this splits great for keeping it interesting :lol: )

Why the fuck are we playing hibs on a thursday night and not a tuesday or a wednesday if its for the T.V.??????

Raging I'm going to Manchester that night to see Peter Kay!

I'd be raging if I had to go and see Peter Kay as well.

"Garlic bread? What's that all about, eh? D'you remember school milk? Eh? Do you?" Aye. Now feck off.

The SPL know that a home old firm game really affects the balance book of most other teams in the league. Surely qualification for the top 6 should ensure at least one home game and the extra revenue it brings in. To give us 2 trips to Glasgow is a disgrace and I hope Leeann appeals (I guess the club were advised before going public so maybe this option has already gone).