The Craig: So It Begins.....?

Neil

sounds like a cracking facility, kinda like the agreement Hearts have with Herriot Watt for their training site. At least were moving into the 21st century with our training facilities, if only our stadium could be brought kicking and screaming to similar levels

True but they're not excellent, and are about as much use as a chocolate teapot in the winter

On the contrary;- indoor sports barn, indoor gymnasium, and all-weather floodlight pitches. Apparently so good that there's a Q of folks wanting to use it. The Buns were rejected prior to Murray Park opening.

The "all weather" parks at Dalziel Park are shite, its that old sandy carpet stuff. If they upgraded it to 3 or 4 G then i'm sure alot more people would use it.

I'm sure I read something recently that they won't put down the 3G at schools as it doesn't suit hockey.

agreed. I'm looking forward to playing 7's up there whenever it opens to the public :D

Why wait ? Driving past the outside pitch is laid , goalposts and lines are there and the doors on the building are always open :O

I'm sure I read something recently that they won't put down the 3G at schools as it doesn't suit hockey.

must b a central thing, the Schools up here who are getting new pitches are all getting 3g/Fieldturf surfaces, cracking pitches they are! tho its annoying as fuck with the hockey lines along with football pitch lines + small pitch lines

Not overly related, but when I was but a boy I played against Norwich City's youth team on their indoor artificial surface. £750,000 it cost them, and it was worth every penny. It was fucking beautiful. You got in and you just wanted to play football. I've never come close to anything as good as that. Absolutely tremendous.

Does anyone even play hockey?! Why not turn 2/3 of it into 3G and keep one bit for the hockey?

Disnae matter, it's in the curriculum so they need to make space for it. Bit of a waste seeing 3g all over the place and Motherwell getting hut wi' that stuff right enough.

Not overly related, but when I was but a boy I played against Norwich City's youth team on their indoor artificial surface. £750,000 it cost them, and it was worth every penny. It was fucking beautiful. You got in and you just wanted to play football. I've never come close to anything as good as that. Absolutely tremendous.

you play footie for anyone Gaz?

Guest 'Flow
But you will, so it doesn't really matter <_<

On the contrary - there are still major hurdles to get over before the club can announce anything and there’s still a strong chance that things won’t work out…

Discussions have been ongoing for quite some time but there has been a wee bit of jumping the gun as I said.

Hopefully the club will be in a position to confirm if, and only if, the legal documents are agreed and signed.

If they are then it'll be a major, major boost for Motherwell Football Club and a significant step forward as training facilities, or lack thereof, has been a major problem for quite some time now.