Thoughts On The 2 Trialists From Everton?

Smalltown

I hope they're can give a decent run for us. (I'm a little biased for them since they're yanks). have any of you seen them in action?

I'm sure we'll lose Jute but I really hope Moyes will let Ruddy stay and keep getting a lot of game time. he's not going to displace Howard, at least for next season.

Moyes doesn't want to keep Ruddy, he'll be recalling him to sell on the back of the reputation he's built during his time here, and he'll get a shedload more cash than we could ever hope to offer. I don't expect Lukas will get a sniff of first team action at Goodison...but it's a strange one as I don't see him having done well enough to get a decent move either. (not that he hasn't done well, but a 12-16 goal striker isn't as rare a commodity as a Ruddy-standard goalkeeper)

Regardless, neither of the American boys will get first team action with us I don't think. As long as Lukas is here he plays.

Regardless, neither of the American boys will get first team action with us I don't think. As long as Lukas is here he plays.

the transfer window is shut so it's 100% certain they won't play this season.

everton will definitely be looking to sell lukas and ruddy this summer before they can leave for free. it'll be interesting to see what happens with these american boys they came from a very low level of football in america, it does make you wonder if moyes signed them as realistic first team players or as a way to promote everton in america along with howard and donovan.

The fact we've got these two guys from Everton can only be a good thing for us. Four loan signings from one EPL team in the one season strikes me that we've built up a decent relationship with them...now if they can only let us loan the next Jack Rodwell or Dan Gosling every other season, I'd be more than happy with that!

I was saying for a while we should be looking for loan players from epl would like 3-4 a season to boast our small squad. If brown rates these players I will take them on that no reason why they cant stay and play some bounce games and see if they look good striker sounds more promising.

Both don't get glowing references from the Everton fans I have asked. Hopefully if they come they turn out to be as good as The Juke is (Everton fan call the Juke "Juicy Fruits" by the way).

The Juke has also supposedly been told he doesn't have a future at Everton and will be sold in the summer - I'm guessing Ruddy will be the same, hence why we have been told no for an extension.

Arnoux, Peterlin back at Everton after Motherwell trials

31.03.10 | tribalfootball.com

The American midfield pair have spent the past ten days trialling in Scotland with Motherwell.

Both players were back in Everton's reserve squad for last night's fixture with Manchester City.

A tight game at Halton Stadium ended in a stalemate as Everton and Manchester City were unable to breach each other's defences.

The Blues were looking to bounce back from the 4-1 reverse to Wigan last week and started pretty well with some quick and confident passing on a soggy pitch.

The first chance though, came via a long-ball over the top for Cody Arnoux which caused panic in the City rearguard. On six minutes, the American forward got in between his markers and drew the goalkeeper Gunnar Neilsen, but the ball got caught under his feet and the chance went begging.

At the opposite end, Iain Turner was himself called into action after 12 minutes when a diagonal ball in the box saw him rushing out to punch clear ahead of Alex Nimely.

It took until the 27th minute for either goalkeeper to be seriously stretched, as Turner went down to his right to palm away Robert Mak's stinging effort.

Nathan Craig then went close with a free-kick from a central position two minutes later - one which narrowly missed Neilsen's top right-hand corner and both sides went in at half-time hoping to spark after the 15 minute break.

With the game a little stretched as both sides went for the opener, it took a tremendously agile interception from Shane Duffy to prevent Nimely with a clear run on goal.

On 65, Jake Bidwell beat his marker on the left touchline and drilled the ball across the six yard box, but there was no blue shirt able to capitalise after a mis-hit clearance from Scott Kay.

Kieran Trippier's mazy run ended with his left-footed effort being deflected over by a combination of Duffy and Akpan and from the resulting corner, Duffy headed the ball onto his own crossbar and over.

Mak managed to beat Turner with 13 minutes left, but was this time denied by a great goalline clearance from Duffy.

By this time, the energy-sapping turf was bound to be having an effect, but both sides continued to push forward.

Mak got through for a third time on 82, but this time his effort was high and wide of Turner's goal. The Scot was tested though from Deryck Boyata's far-post header from a corner, which he was equal to, palming it wide.

Conor McAleny went closest to breaking the deadlock in injury time, but his curling effort was tipped over by Neilsen and both sides had to settle for a point.

My guess is Duke and Ruddy will get picked up by Championship sides for next season - possibly small, Premiership clubs. But even if Everton were to release them on freebies, signing on fees and wages will be a different league to Motherwell. However, given the form of both players, Everton would be daft not to aim for decent transfer fees for both.

Wherever they end up, I hope the recent presence of the Americans on trial is testement to a good relationship between us and Everton. I for one, would be happy for them to send up a couple of fringe players each season for experience.

'The first chance though, came via a long-ball over the top for Cody Arnoux which caused panic in the City rearguard. On six minutes, the American forward got in between his markers and drew the goalkeeper Gunnar Neilsen, but the ball got caught under his feet and the chance went begging. '

First half of last season he was here wasn't it?

• 2 weeks later...