Murphy And Sutton

DEWELL

Will they be a good partnership. I feared the worst today when the Duke was out (god help us next season when he's offski) Totally inept and the bottom club in the SPL who've been losing 2 goals a game could've played with a traffic cone in goals today thats how bad we were. Totally pissed off..... :lol: .

Will they be a good partnership. I feared the worst today when the Duke was out (god help us next season when he's offski) Totally inept and the bottom club in the SPL who've been losing 2 goals a game could've played with a traffic cone in goals today thats how bad we were. Totally pissed off..... :lol: .

What are you doing ? You just criticised a player/s! :lol:

You are not entitled to an opnion when criticising a well player/s. Expect the barrage of abuse that comes your way!!

Thought today the problem was the service rather than the 2 front players. 4-4-2 doesn't really suit a midfield comprising both Jennings and Lasley, especially when the two wide players are as poor as Forbes and O'Brien were today. We played far too much of the gam in straight lines, resulting in balls up to/over the top for Murphy and Sutoon to chase or wrestle with the visitors back four. Even when teh front two did win the ball or lay it off support from midfield was non-existent. It was noticeable how often Falkirk won the loose ball in midfield. When both your full-backs have bad games too, well you're going to have problems creating chances.

The major problem today was the midfield. It was woeful and Falkirk completely dominated in that department until they decided to fall back and defend.

Because we hardly played through the midfield... we kept lumping it forward to the smallest man on he park (though I'm not criticising murphy!)

Bit of an overreaction to the defeat I think. Sutton and Murphy have done just fine while Jutkiewicz was out injured and normally link up pretty well. Just unfortunate today that the quality of pass and support weren't there.

What's this based on though?

Since Brown took over we've beaten St Johnston, Kilmarnock, St Mirren and Hibs with just Murphy and Sutton up front, with them getting most the goals.

Seems like an over-reaction to a bad day.

What are you doing ? You just criticised a player/s! :lol:

You are not entitled to an opnion when criticising a well player/s. Expect the barrage of abuse that comes your way!!

The players deserve every bit of criticism they get after that performance but it applys to them all not just singling out one or two for special treament

.....we've beaten St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, St Mirren and Hibs with just Murphy and Sutton up front, with them getting the goals.

Good point. It was a bad day all round yesterday, but considering the service to our front players was so poor, how can they be expected to find the net?

They have served us well this season and will again I'm sure. That said I do hope Lukas aint out for too long.

Thought today the problem was the service rather than the 2 front players. 4-4-2 doesn't really suit a midfield comprising both Jennings and Lasley, especially when the two wide players are as poor as Forbes and O'Brien were today.

Yeah, I think the midfield lacked any penetration today, O'Brien aside. I feel for the midfield to comprise of Lasley and Jennings in the middle, you need to attacking wide players who will run at the opposition, but we lack that in our squad and I don't know whether Humphrey is up to holding down a regular place. When he starts he seems to burst in and out of games, and when he comes on as a sub, in my experience he only really seems effective if we're already winning!

the service was definately the problem for the strikers on saturday.when we were attacking forbes,lasley and jennings never got goal side when we were attcking and because o'brien had a quiet game there was very little cross balls going in and we resorted to a lot of long balls which never worked all game.a think it was more of a bad day than anything else we couldve played all night and wouldny have scored on saturday

What's this based on though?

Since Brown took over we've beaten St Johnston, Kilmarnock, St Mirren and Hibs with just Murphy and Sutton up front, with them getting most the goals.

Seems like an over-reaction to a bad day.

I thought sutton had one of his better games against Falkirk

I think it's unfair to single out 2 players for criticism after Saturday's performance. Sutton may lack pace but he makes up for it with his work rate as he chases every lose ball that is put in front of him. Murphy runs at defenders all day so why would anyone say they are not a good partnership? Murphy and Sutton have linked up fine in the past and I didn't hear anyone complain about either of them after we beat Hearts 3-1 a few weeks ago when Jutkiewicz was playing although Lukas didn't play against Hibs or Killie yet Sutton and Murphy were up front and we ran out winners in both those games. Nobody had a particularly good game so I cant see the criticism of them as anything but harsh since there was no service for them from the midfield.