Michael Fraser

HonkyMcHonK

I didn't think we should have signed Fraser when we did. I don't think he should be number 1. But he's isn't how some have put here shite! If he was he wouldn't be playing professional football in Scotland.

in the context of the six billion people in the world he's top drawer.

in the context of keepers that have played in the spl this season i can't think of any that'd i not have in ahead of him.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother used to be a goalkeeper and was coached by professional coaches so i have a pretty good knowledge of whats required for a good goalie and Fraser isnt that for me, In my opinion you do want Fraser to be first choice because of how your defending him, The opinion i get here is you dont want to accept the fact Ruddy is better the reason for it is he has better quality coaching at Everton and is much taller and does catch the majority of crosses into the box, Fraser doesnt thats what im saying, i would say its quite accurate.

Your brother was coached? So was I and am currently training to be a goalkeeper coach myself... so how does it, please tell give you good knowledge?

Of course Ruddy is a better keeper. But I bet if he hadn't saved that penalty against Steaua, after the St Johnstone game (first game of the season) we would have this exact thread, but with Ruddy's name here instead :wallbash:

Wellfan, theres no point. The point of this thread was that Fraser is shite, all we've did is said the opposite. It's the people slating the guy who can't take that we're only saying he's not shite.

Ruddy has made plenty errors this season. It has been pointed out that he has recovered many of them but how many people after the first game of the season thought that Ruddy would be the best 'keeper in the SPL this season?

He cost us a win and if Deuchar had any composure we'd have been beaten.

Swings and roundabouts.

My brother used to be a goalkeeper and was coached by professional coaches so i have a pretty good knowledge of whats required for a good goalie and Fraser isnt that for me, In my opinion you do want Fraser to be first choice because of how your defending him, The opinion i get here is you dont want to accept the fact Ruddy is better the reason for it is he has better quality coaching at Everton and is much taller and does catch the majority of crosses into the box, Fraser doesnt thats what im saying, i would say its quite accurate.

Ruddy has spent very little time at Everton.

Your brother was coached? So was I and am currently training to be a goalkeeper coach myself... so how does it, please tell give you good knowledge?

Of course Ruddy is a better keeper. But I bet if he hadn't saved that penalty against Steaua, after the St Johnstone game (first game of the season) we would have this exact thread, but with Ruddy's name here instead :wallbash:

But he did....so yeah. Hence no thread. But anyway we need a keeper. simples.

i'd have him on saturday.

anyone got any other suggestions?

alan main is about all i can think of which is hardly a ringing endorsement of the teuchtar tan man.

He is just as calamitous. A total liability to Aberdeen who is usually directly responsible for about four or five defeats a season. Cerny......but we would have no chance of that. Cammy Bell as well.

Cammy Bell was awesome when we pumped them 3-0.

So Fraser is the ONLY keeper now who is allowed to conceede goals. Brilliant :lol:

I think you will find he already has a much better reputation than Fraser. In fact I'd gladly drop our current keeper for Alan Combe.

So Fraser is the ONLY keeper now who is allowed to conceede goals. Brilliant :lol:

I think you will find he already has a much better reputation already than Fraser. In fact I'd gladly drop our current keeper for Alan Combe.

HAHA,

I was actually being sincere. He was outstanding that day but still conceeded 3 goals.

If Michael Fraser was good or actually was half decent which i thought he would be then i would happily admit, I dont want to see a Motherwell player perform badly, but the fact i dont think he is SPL material is being shown in our games, I hope that he plays brilliantly on saturaday against Hearts and is MOTM and can prove that he is worthy of a place in the team, but my opinion is we have better chances of winning with Ruddy than Fraser.

I'd assume, he's talking about the 2 games that the mongo has been in goals recently?

Cellic away, and Dundee United at home.

Yes the defence never covered itself in glory at the Piggery but the mongo was culpable for both goals as he showed indecision on whether (and he should have) or not to come for the ball each time. Ruddy would have come for and claimed both imo.

On Sunday, he had a total fucking howler from start to finish, regardless of the goals (and I beleive he was at the very least partly to blame for all 3) he was erratic at best and was like a human wrecking ball at times, and sadly it was only our players that he seemed intent on wrecking.

He seems like a half-decent shot-stopper (although didnt look like that at the 3rd on Sunday), but the fact that he cant deal with cross balls into the box renders the mongo useless, he also inspires no confidence in the defence. Maybe we have been spoilt by Ruddy this season, as he is the most assured (and re-assuring) goalkeeper I've seen at Firry in 20-odd years of supporting the 'well, but if we dont make a goalkeeper a priority signing next season then this buffoon could single-handedly see us relegated. After Broons comments regarding the performance on Sunday I reckon he realises that Fraser is never an SPL level goalkeeper.

Frankie boyle eat your heart out :nod:

I'd assume, he's talking about the 2 games that the mongo has been in goals recently?

Cellic away, and Dundee United at home.

Yes the defence never covered itself in glory at the Piggery but the mongo was culpable for both goals as he showed indecision on whether (and he should have) or not to come for the ball each time. Ruddy would have come for and claimed both imo.

On Sunday, he had a total fucking howler from start to finish, regardless of the goals (and I beleive he was at the very least partly to blame for all 3) he was erratic at best and was like a human wrecking ball at times, and sadly it was only our players that he seemed intent on wrecking.

He seems like a half-decent shot-stopper (although didnt look like that at the 3rd on Sunday), but the fact that he cant deal with cross balls into the box renders the mongo useless, he also inspires no confidence in the defence. Maybe we have been spoilt by Ruddy this season, as he is the most assured (and re-assuring) goalkeeper I've seen at Firry in 20-odd years of supporting the 'well, but if we dont make a goalkeeper a priority signing next season then this buffoon could single-handedly see us relegated. After Broons comments regarding the performance on Sunday I reckon he realises that Fraser is never an SPL level goalkeeper.

ex fuckin sactly!!!! :lol:

Hope michael can (he has - great stuff) keep a clean sheet - it will certainly help his confidence. Was listening to all mic`s earlier on and it seemed that we were all over the jam tarts. Great to be in third place, just need to keep up the performance levels over the last three games. Up the `Well.